+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: ITIL Version 3;what u asked to know...

ITIL Version 3;what u asked to know...

ITIL Version 3 Tit Bit
    How best can I help you understand the fundamental concept of Service Management (ITIL)?
    The full meaning of ITIL is Information Technology Infrastructure Library, To start with, ITIL is a group of best practices for IT services. ITIL offers a systematic approach to the delivery of quality IT Services. It was established in the 1980s by the British Government body, erstwhile called Central Computer and Telecommunication Agency (CCTA) but now known as Office of Government Commerce (OGC). That is to say, it is owned by British Government.
    Just like PMP and Prince2 are best practices for Projects, ITIL is the defacto standard for IT Services Management available to the general public and supported by many fortune 500 companies.

The reason it was established is to address the Service Management deficiency in delivery of quality service. Many global companies in spite of their technology are unable to achieve quality services. This was a big issue to British government, and through CCTA, they were able to set probe into the issue by establishing a forum of professionals from different walks of life. This forum is what is now known as IT Service Management Forum (ITSMF). Initially, ITIL was designed for use within British own corporations and parastatals, but due to its phenomena success in that area, the UK Government now recommended it as the defacto standard for service management. Thus, till date, ITIL has become the defacto standard for Service Management. ITIL has been update twice, and now the recent version is ITIL Version 3.

A lot of us can relate to the term Management, but the inherent meaning of Service is so important for us to understand ITIL. According to ITIL, Service is not really what we deliver to our customers, but the ‘way’ it is delivered. For example, you can have 2 different companies producing mobile phones, but the way they deliver their services differs. One is truly providing communication, while the other might be selling a mobile office to you, like Black Berry.

There are 4 levels of ITIL Qualification, namely,
    ? Foundation (This is the entry point)
    ? Practitioner (This include the Life Cycle and Capability Stream Exams)
    ? Expert
    ? Master
    There is a credit profile that gives you the sequence of progress in your pursuit to get to the peak of the ladder. You can this Credit Profile on line.

[b] The 5 Service Lifecycle[b]
    I often tell all my students that once they can understand the basic biological terms such as Fertilization, Germination, Growth, Adolescence, Childhood, Maturity, etc. Then they can fully grab the underpinning principles of ITIL V3. Let me emphasis this; service are not inanimate things, but living specie. Service has a beginning, oh…you expect me to say ‘…and end’. No! Only services that are not planned has an end. A lifecycle is an unending chain, when you think it’s terminating that is really when it’s starting again. Take Telecommunication for example, do you think it’s going to end? No, it keeps evolving, from Analogue to Digital, from 2 G to 5 G, etc…

The 5 Service Lifecycle are;
    Service Strategy, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operation, and Continual Service Improvement.

[b]The benefits of ITIL to you[b]
    Many organisations like Banks, Telecommunications, and other blue chip companies hold ITIL Professional in high esteem, because they know the best
    • You would have been grounded in the concept of Service Management
    • You would have been a potential candidate to work in any reputable companies, as Service Desk officer, Support Officer, etc.
    • You would have been a globally relevant person, because ITIL I a global approach.

Our Training and the Exam
    Presently, we are only running ITIL V3 Foundation Training. You will be required to write exam at the end of the training in other to become globally certified. The Foundation Exam Code is EXO 101.
    The Training Duration is 3 Days (2 days in real sense, the last day is just to run through the mock exam)
    We provide real exam dump and 2 hard copy training manuals.

We don’t conduct exam, you can register at any Prometric Centre for your Foundation Exam.

I work from Unity Road, Ikeja, Lagos.

[b]David (mcse,mcdba,mcts,mcsa,itil)[b]
    [email protected]

David Folorunsho<br />mcsa,mcdba,mcse,mcts,itil

Re: ITIL Version 3;what u asked to know...

ITIL creates a path for you to attain the highest level of professionalism-Service Management.
    David Folorunsho<br />mcsa,mcdba,mcse,mcts,itil

+ Reply