+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How important is PGD?

How important is PGD?

pls guys how important or useful is a PGD. because i normally believe that the most important were d main degree and masters. pls tell me how far a PGD can push u on a d success ladder
    with God all things are possible

Re: How important is PGD?

Basically u need a pgd to qualify for masters when crossing to another field of study. you as well go for it in a field you fancy to empower yourself. Degrees are not only utilitarian, self discovery may necessitate some research.

Keep the flag flying pls

PGD is important but not all

Guy depend on what you are after. PGD is a degree that is use to upgrade yourself, if an individual result falls in third class.

It is also use to change your area of specialization, to another field. If your vision is different to that course read in the university.

Thanks.

if an individual falls within the third class range,would it affect employment prospects

"Guy depend on what you are after. PGD is a degree that is use to upgrade yourself, if an individual result falls in third class.

It is also use to change your area of specialization, to another field. If your vision is different to that course read in the university."

I strongly agree with Kingchrist's view, if you ask me.

Ogagaedewor,are you indirectly saying that you graduated with a 3rd Class or that you are planing to fall in that category? Abeg be plain jo, you dey shame?

PGD and Master degree add advance to you not only changing your area of specialization to another field but stand a chance of having a good job.

reuben FCMB

Ogagaedewor dnt worry 2much about dat,it doesnt matter wat u graduated wit,wit God all things are possible,so just do wat u want 2 do n forget wat peoply say.wish d best.

PGD is not only for HND and 3rd class graduates. It's mainly a programme obtained beyond ones first degree. It could be masters or PHD. It's only in Nigeria with thier shortsightedness that PGD is seen as a program for the HND and 3rd class holders. In countries like scottland, you can go for your masters program even with your HND. PGD is also obtained if one wants to change his/her course of study after his/her first degree. For instance you want to go for teaching and you hold Bsc, you must go for your pgd in education.
    The importance of PGD is vast. It depends on your prospect. If you limit yourself to what you have at present, you may not need it but if want improvement, then you need not being told how important it is. Any thing education is important at any stage in life.
    Thanks.
    Agbo Benedict
    [email protected]

pgd or no pgd God will always favor those who are destined to suceed.an uncle of mine made third class,he is doing very well without any shady deal.another one did hnd, he made so much money in shipping bcos he had integrity,another one made ist class,he retired as a slave .tell me who blesses if not God.

it really depends on wat u want. i mean ur focus. forget d third class bullshit! its valuable. one stands a better chance wit a high degree in the labour market. it gives u an edge over others. tell who would u rather offer a job: a first degree holder or one wit a masters degree, both in similar fields? do the maths!

Really, no knowlege is waste.but the truth of the matter is that pgd is a pre-requisite for those with HND B4 GOING FOR master degree ,as well as third class holder.(Mostly applicable in Nigeria unlike other countries).U can also do PGD to increase ur chances.

LAWAL MUSA
    KAD POLY.

Please house tell me, If one graduates with HND Distinction is it compulsory that he will go for PGD before Master.

i really like this topic.thanks to all those who initiated it.i quite agree with uduma.its God that makes a way where there seems to be no way.like most people said in their contrbution.phd is good and can be used to upgrade oneself wheather u have a distinction,HND or thrid class.Its very good to improve on oneself.God help us
    I WANT YOU GUYS TO KNOW THAT YOU JUST HAVE TO BE PATIENT AND WAIT FOR GODS TIME.I BELIVE HE WILL NEVER FORGET YOU.JUST RELEX, YOU ARE ALMOST THERE.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast