Job Title: Flavor Division Manager, Western Africa Description
- The purpose of this job is to implement FIRMENICH growth strategy for Western Africa through a dedicated team of commercial and technical staff.
- The function reports to VP Flavors, IMA (India, Middle East and Africa).
- The function is located in Lagos, Nigeria.
- Develop/execute local (sales) strategy for West Africa in close cooperation with zone management.
- Provides clear feedback to zone management on local market developments and specific needs that will drive the strategy for the area.
- Keeps abreast of competitive activities, prices, and actions.
- Secures the correct implementation and execution of pricing strategy for the region.
- Ability and interest in making high level connections with relevant people within the region
- Supports the local sales team through shared client visits.
- Develops and sustains productive customer relationships
- Achieves the growth and margin targets for the area.
- Optimizes the sales force coverage of key client segments.
- Manages distributor(s) in the region.
- Manages, motivates and guides local sales and technical teams.
- Drives efficient project management process.
- Ensures that administrative functions such as itineraries, expense and call reports, etc., are accurately maintained;
- Provides ongoing customer support and follow-up to ensure the timely shipment of orders and customer satisfaction
- Bachelor in food science/technology, MBA or equivalent is a plus
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in sales of food ingredients in emerging markets, flavor sales experience is an asset.
- International exposure, preferably experience in West African markets.
- Good management skills and experience in managing multi culture teams
- Fluent English
Location: Lagos, Nigeria