British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.

Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.

If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.

We are recruiting to fill the position of:

Job Title: Corporate and Regulatory Affairs Executive

Job Number: 4607BR
Location/City: Lagos

Job purpose and key deliverables

The Job

As a CORA Executive your job will be fun whilst surrounded with a lot of challenges. You will directly support the drive to maximise regulatory knowledge, opportunities and quality of information through the provision of credible fact-based advocacy on Tobacco Control, provide input to the development of regulatory strategy and positions and dissemination of same to the external public through an understanding of the West African Area and International Tobacco Control agenda and maintain an area-wide view of regulatory status while providing directional input to regulatory engagement and external communication.

Your daily responsibilities will be

• To contribute to business sustainability by supporting efforts to shape the business environment with relevant information, issue analysis and advocacy
  • Maintain and develop the Regulation Management Tool and the Stakeholder Engagement Model as key platforms for managing consistency of regulatory approach across the area
  • Directly support the BATN Regulatory Affairs department, relevant Area CORA Managers and the BATNA CORA team by ensuring that they are up to date with latest developments on regulatory positions
  • Directly support BATN Regulatory Affairs department, relevant Area CORA Managers and the BATN CORA team with updates on anticipated Tobacco Control developments as well as immediate response to requests for analysis
  • To contribute to the achievement of business objectives by maximising the opportunities for success in regulatory engagement
  • Set the standard for quality and depth of issue analysis to advance understanding of regulatory issues around the Region
  • To provide advocacy that ensures that engagement is relevant to tobacco control thinking, both current and future in order to maximise traction with stakeholders
  • To provide area-specific communication content that supports our regulatory agenda

Your Challenge
  • Tobacco Control regulation is one of the major forces shaping our environment and will play a key role in determining the available profit pool for the foreseeable future.
  • The WHO FCTC has created an inexorable movement towards an ever tighter regime of tobacco control around the globe.
  • This is already creating challenges for the business regarding the implications of regulation for the wider organisation and the potential impact on future business strategy.

Her BAT Story
  • Working as a CORA Executive has been very tasking as I have to support my team, my function and the business in driving the regulatory agenda.
  • Therefore, I can summarise my role by saying, "supporting your team could be very challenging, but interesting as you learn more about people while delivering your business objectives" My take for you is bring your difference and relish every challenge.
  • Nancy Nwaeze (CORA Executive WAA).
  • The role has not only helped me in building my functional competencies, but also in developing my business leadership capabilities.
  • I have also built good relationships with colleagues across the business.

Essential requirements Are these in your baggage
  • Educated to degree level or preferably beyond
  • Aptitude for absorbing and applying knowledge to debate cultural sensitivity
  • Strong research skills – both desk based and potentially in commissioning research on specific areas
  • Ideally 2 – 3 years’ experience working in political lobbying research or the tobacco industry or other commercial activity which requires aptitude for in-depth analysis of issues
  • Cross functional appreciation of the business – marketing, operations, CORA, finance, legal
  • Attention to detail and Active interest in tobacco and tobacco control issues will be a plus

Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online

Application Deadline 15th July, 2014