Embedded Solutions development on platforms like Point of Sales (POS) terminals , ATM and mobile phones are yet to be fully appreciated in Nigeria.This in my own view could be because e-commerce or electronic payment business is still very young here. Despite the fact that the needs for these products are glaring, the level of want for them are not encouraging.You find a situation where banks, companies know the benefits of these products but they don't seems to care if they exit.

For example, we have interesting Nigerian Tailor made solution like Loyalty, E-voucher , Ticketing and Time attendance solution on POS and some other value adding solutions on mobile phones but nobody seems to be gunning for them.

With the loyalty solution a merchant can build a good relationship with his customers and seals up deals with him so that his competitors will be on their toes. Since the loyalty solution gives him demographic information of his customers, these information can be manipulated to make him get his customers loyalty.for example, a merchant owning a filling station can say he is giving out 5 liters of fuel for every 1000litres of fuel purchased by his customers or imagine a situation where a big company like MTN sends u a happy birthday text on your birthday,You begin to wonder how that could happen mean while it's an automated loyalty solution that sends u that text on behave of MTN.Already your subconscious mind has been made to prefer MTN to other networks, that's loyalty at work.
many more can be said about other embedded solutions.

As a software analyst , i've done alot of development on Ponit of Sales (POS) terminals, some of which are already in used out there others are still on the shelf.It pains me when i see the slow rate of appreciation of these product.

View some of my past projects in the attached file.

[attachment deleted by admin]