+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: SEE APTITUDE TEST TIPS...

SEE APTITUDE TEST TIPS...

TEST TIPS

Some big companies first of all take you through a written test(s). The main reason is to prune down the number of applicants. They get swamped by the number of applicants, and to bring it down to a manageable number, they send you back to school.

There are different types of tests. There are aptitude tests and other tests that are academic in nature, varying from O’ Level, A’ Level to University grade materials. There are also professional tests that zero in on the job subject matter.

Preparing for the test depends on the type of test. The first thing you should do when invited for a test is to find out what type of test it is going to be.

Some employers are nice enough to spell it out in the invitation letter what type of test it will be, while others prefer to play hide and seek, and spring surprises.

If it is an aptitude test, then you need to have your brain in top form to go through the test. You need to think fast and smart. There are many types of aptitude test. Some comprise of very simple questions, which you are to complete in a very short time. Under this scenario, you do not have the luxury of long analysis. You have to think fast.

Some are simple trick questions. They look simple and straight forward on the surface, but if you read carefully, there is a booby trap. Again, you have to think fast, and smart. The best way to prepare for this type of test is to practice and practice. Some of such tests may be found in GMAT/GRE past question papers. The best way to get the right material to prepare is by utilizing your existing network of friends etc.

Some aptitude test are IQ based. You are given some puzzles to crack. Again, you have to think smart, and fast. There are various sources of these type of aptitude tests/IQ test to practice with. What you will see on the day of the test will be different of course, but you would have put your brain through the paces.

For the academic type of tests, you have to find out what level. If it is WAEC level, then it means going back down memory lane, dusting up or retrieving your books if possible, or borrowing. Practicing is not enough in this case, you have to load back the long forgotten stuff into your brain, before you can talk about practicing. The same goes for A’ Level materials or University level, especially if it is quite long you left school. There are no short cuts, you simply have to quickly come up with a crash syllabus (of course you cannot finish everything), and see how you can make the best of the situation.

You can decide to cover every area on the surface, or pick a few ones and get a good grasp of it. Also, as you start, you may begin to recall the long forgotten stuff you crammed in your long gone school days.

There are no hard and fast rules. Picking a few areas is a risk. You may be lucky, and the questions come from there. Again, it may backfire badly.

Also, skimming through has it’s disadvantages, depending on the type of test. Most tests are on the surface, they don’t ask you to solve equations, and most are multiple choice. In this scenario, skimming through is the best option.

In preparing for your aptitude test or any test, you also have to find out the style of marking. Some employers/consultants announce it before you start, while others are silent. In most tests, you are penalized for guessing, i.e. they subtract wrong answers from right ones. In most cases, if you get two (2) points for a right answer, they deduct one (1) point for wrong answers. In this case, it is better to be sure of your answers, or pretty sure. Some people guess right, but you have to decide if you want to take that risk, depending on the amount of doubt. The best policy is, if in doubt, skip.

The same goes for difficult questions. If a question seems to waste your time, park it in your subconscious and move on. If you have time to come back, you may be in a better frame of mind to unravel the mystery.

There are a lot of online resources for preparing for GMAT/GRE, aptitude and all type of tests. Take time out to research and get prepared. All said and done, you have to be in a good frame of mind to undergo the test. Rest well before the test, and tell yourself you can do it. Do not allow the crowd at the venue of the test to intimidate you. You cannot judge your competitors by the way they dress. It is what is upstairs at this point that counts. Believe in yourself.

This has helped a lot people.

Culled from Nigeria Galleria website.10X

Re: SEE APTITUDE TEST TIPS...

TX SO MUCH. I APPRECIATE THAT TIPS

BOLA CHECK THIS OUT
    I WENT FOR ACCESS APTITUDE TEST ON DEC 31 I MET A GUY WHO JUST DONT KNOW ANYTHING I OFFERED TO HELP HIM WHICH I DID AT THE END THE GUY PASSED ONLY FOR THEM TO TELL ME THAT I FAILED PLS IS THERE ANY THING ATTACHED I MEAND DOES IT MEAN THAT U CAN WORK UR WAY TRU IN APTITUDE TEST BECOS I AM SUPPOSED TO THERE IN ACCESS WITH THAT GUY NOW

Pls wats Access bank test like,what are the likely test format questions to expect,cos anoda test is coming up soon.will be waiting pls help me act fast

thanks a million!

Thanks 4 dat very wonderful information. God bless u!

THANKS alot for d information.

This is a huge piece. Quite informative. I love this. Kudos!

Seaman

Benpat,

Sh*t Happens. It could be an error of omission. It happened to me too sometimes but in my favour, I mean I helped someone answer for answer but her name did not eventually come out. It was very painful though. Another time will come for you.

PLS. GIVE SOME APTITUDE TEST PREPARATION TUTORIAL SITES ONLINE, IF ANY? TANXS.
    TOO LATE TO DIE!

dvt

Ifeboy,

check www.shl.com
    also check the post on "Download Professional Test materials" under the careers section.
    cheers
    Do the good you Can while you Can...
    Naijahotjobs.com

PLEASE HOUSE,CAN SOME ONE GIVE ME A TIPS ON UPS APTITUDE TEST?

This is good!
    Thanks 4 the post.
    Oneluv!
    Cash Rules Everytin Around Me(CREAM)...

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast