+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: GMAT Test Preparation Tips ( See for urself )

GMAT Test Preparation Tips ( See for urself )

GMAT Test Preparation Tips

You Can Easily Increase Your GMAT CAT Score by 50 to 100 Points

Despite the official statements of ETS (Educational Testing Service), you can improve your GMAT score dramatically simply by taking the time to become "streetwise" about the GMAT CAT. Quite simply, this is the easiest step in your test preparation, and should not be ignored under any circumstances.

How to manage your time wisely

Practice

The main way to develop GMAT time management skills is to practice taking the test. You will repeatedly see us return to the theme of practice throughout this website. It is very hard to overstate its importance. Therefore you are strongly encouraged to take at least a few mock GMAT exams, in the computer-adaptive format and to try to simulate the actual testing environment. (That means refraining from taking food breaks, engaging in telephone conversations, etc. until you have completed a section.)

Spend adequate time on the first 5 questions

It is imperative that you answer these pivotal questions with extra care. Always double check your answers to these questions. Verify that the answer choices that you judged to be incorrect are indeed incorrect. If you are unsure of the answer to one of these first questions, at the very least, take a very good educated guess using process of elimination.

Prepare yourself to finish the test – at all costs!

There is a huge scoring penalty for failing to finish any section of the GMAT. For example, say you're in line to get a score that will put you in the 70 percentile of test takers, based on your test performance so far – but then run out of time and fail to answer the last five questions in the section. That failure will lower your score to about the 55 percentile. The lesson to take away from this is to prepare yourself to finish the test at all costs. Answering a question incorrectly will hurt you, but not as much as leaving the question unanswered will. Train yourself to work your best within the time limits of the exam. But train yourself, too, to be able to recognize when only a minute or so remains on the clock, and at that point to just answer "C" (or whatever your lucky letter is) for any remaining questions. As the GMAT's Chief Psychometrician put it to us, random guessing is like shooting yourself in the foot – but leaving answers blank is like shooting yourself in both feet.

Don't waste time
    This advice probably sounds self evident. However, we mention it because we've had clients tell us how they inadvertently wasted test time by revisiting the help screen or requesting extra scrap paper after they began their test.

Read the Questions Carefully

Avoid Random Guessing

Eliminate the Deliberately Deceptive Wrong Choices

With practice, you will begin to learn how to recognize answer choices that are deliberately deceptive – and wrong. There are a few common patterns here that will become apparent as you proceed with your test preparation.

And lastly Practice, Practice, Practice

Finally, we encourage you to spend most of your preparation time studying and practicing questions in your weakest subject area. While we believe every test taker benefits by reviewing each GMAT exam section, focusing on your weakest areas will make the most efficient use of your test-prep time.

Good luck every body as we Practice Practice and Practice so that going for aptitude tests will not be a problem for us.

Re: GMAT Test Preparation Tips ( See for urself )

Can someone tell me where to get a good GMAT text?

Thanks a million,never knew leaving a blank space was that dangerous.

Thanks a million,never knew leaving a blank space was that dangerous.

Thanks a million 4 the hint on GMAT

thx alot .
    the lord of the harvest shall reward us in billion folds

thanks guys

thx alot wat abut d nagative marking ang tin like that

this is encouraging.

thannkks budd, as a matter of fact, you made my day. i will be having a test next week. wish me luck.

True True and absolut -positively True. To succeed in any GMAT test just follow the above, I am really guilty of wandering around while taking a mock test, but i must confess, it really helps with a lil stop here and there. It refreshes the memory to gather and work faster. I still don't know how to conquer that feeling at a stretch exams, and this mostly leaves me to guess when the time is up in a real exam.

+ Reply