Job Title: Credit Controller Responsibilities
- Ensure proper follow up on all outstanding debts and pursue collection for Freight Outstanding.
- Enter Daily Cash Receipts & apply clearings, generate Cash Reports, file Cash Reports, Bank Lockbox Reports and copies of checks received.
- Prepare Daily Bank Deposit, match up backup with copies of checks to file, when needed, transport deposit to financial institution.
- Maintain strict follow-up including audit trail on weekly top twenty outstanding report and ensure that outstanding stays within the global guidelines
- Ensure compliance to procedures laid out in order to strictly adhere to the corporate credit policy.
- Audit and mail daily invoices, match up international invoices with proformas.
- Handle the credit process every year for new and old credit customers.
- Ensure to attend call from all internal & external customers and provide timely response of mail queries.
- Coordinating with different internal stakeholders and GSC for issues related to customers outstanding issues.
- Fax copies of invoices and/or statements as requested–answer all discrepancies in invoice book
- Prepare, enter and document all adjustments (A/R and OE & Invoicing)
- Match, mail and file all adjustments with relating backup
- Enter all new customer information and changes.
- Process and analyze all new customer credit applications
- Research Problem Accounts
- Perform Month End Close as scheduled
- Assist in an annual financial audit on a timely basis.
- Maintain customers’ credit limits and adjust weekly.
- Call, fax and e-mail customers to collect on past due invoices
- Follow up with Customer and Customer Care Department regarding discrepancies as needed
- Fax copies of invoices and/or statements to customers as needed
- Manage internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
- Evaluate, prepare and distribute credit alert and Agent Status Report monthly to management
- Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
- Be prepared to assist and/or perform tasks/work other than described in this job description
- Perform all duties within the company’s safety, health and environmental regulations. All other duties as assigned by management.
- BS Degree, Diploma or equivalent in Accounting or Finance Required
- 2+ years’ progressive experience in an accounting or controlling function within a shipping industry
- SAP experience strongly preferred, and MS Office (a must)
- Knowledge financial consolidation systems (Hyperion) and internal control framework a plus
- Demonstrated strong financial analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proven ability to perform with a high degree of accuracy under tight deadlines and to manage multiple projects.
- Strong collaborative and communication skills
- Solutions oriented can quickly assess a situation and offer alternatives with related risks and rewards.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to multiple customers with competing priorities in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong initiative, able to work independently.
- Demonstrates a high sense of urgency and drive for results.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills, analytical with excellent follow-through skills.
31st January, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: [email protected]