The Project Manager is accountable to ensure the project keeps within budget and schedule for a fast-track offshore / onshore oil & gas construction project. This will require management of other project management team members, interaction with other departments within the client oil company (e.g. Drilling, Government Relations, Operations), as well as co-ordination of the activities of the different contractors and vendors engaged on the project, including the offshore installation and hook up scopes.
The Project Manager will communicate articulately and persuasively to client senior management and other key stakeholders, enjoy solving problems, and work well as part of a team and manage work by other people.
- Provides direction, coaching and guidance in lean project management including the development of personnel assigned to the team adopting an attitude of care and respect for self and colleagues
- Co-ordinates and plans resource and recruitment requirements. Provides competence assurance for the tasks undertaken, is responsible for team performance and improvement as required.
- Provides effective communication at all levels ensuring that all interfaces including stakeholders is effectively being managed, strive for continuous improvement through knowledge sharing
- Management of the project QHSE and risk management
- Define and execute project improvement plans
- Management of the main contractors including engineering design, fabrication, heavy lift vessels and construction and commissioning
- Application of client’s standards and local legislation, ensures adherence to Company processes and procedures where applicable
- Complies with, and ensures the implementation of, the Company Safety & Environment Policy. Demonstrates visible commitment to an excellent HSSE performance, including understanding of the Client and In-Country Standards. Commits to excellent Quality management, including the implementation of a Quality Management Strategy compliant with Client Standards
- Engineering degree or equivalent
- Offshore medical and survival certification
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 10+ years’ oil and gas experience with at least 4+ years’ experience as Project Manager for an operator (preferred) or oilfield service main contractor may be considered
- The candidate will have knowledge and direct work experience is preferred in jacket fabrication, subsea construction, offshore heavy lifting, FPSO offshore commissioning
- Proven work experience in delivery in the West African environment
ADIL, a Schlumberger company, provides market leading consultancy support to the oil and gas industry across all lifecycle stages—from exploration, through developments and production operations to decommissioning.
Schlumberger is an equal employment opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or other characteristics protected by law.
This posting provides an opportunity for those with significant relevant experience in a specialist area to submit their profile for consideration and does not correlate with a specific vacancy. Submitting your details will enable us to match you to future career opportunities. We hire only the best talent, so please read the qualifications section carefully before applying—we only consider candidates who meet these minimum criteria.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY