Oxfam, one of the leading global development organizations, mobilizes the power of people against poverty. We are a diverse confederation of 17 strongly interconnected national affiliates working in over 90 countries, either directly, or with partners to enable transformational change, using a unique combination of long-term development, campaigning and humanitarian programs.
Job Title: Humanitarian Program Manager
- The Humanitarian Program Manager will provide overall management and leadership of the Nigeria Humanitarian response, in accordance with Oxfam standards and in coordination with the technical leads.
- You will be responsible for ensuring the elaboration and implementation of the response strategy, operational plans and global budget.
- You will provide a coherent integrated response; financial and human resources security; an appropriate campaign/advocacy dimension.
- Supports the implementation of country humanitarian strategy and the coordination of periodic operational plans and budgets of the country and its programs, monitoring progress towards achieving program objectives – also measures outcome and impact against recognised indicators.
- Ensures that the response strategy (speed, scale, contextually appropriated, integrated) is in line with Oxfam’s overall strategic ambitions, external commitments and Oxfam’s brand as a lead humanitarian actor.
- Contributes and provides leadership to the overall One Oxfam response, by reinforcing strategies with communication and advocacy.
- Supports and maintains oversight of financial and people resourcing for the Nigeria response
- Participates in regional level response coordination where necessary, ensuring follow Maintains effective partner grants and reports monitoring system, ensures adherence to Oxfam policies and procedures on partner management up of agreed actions and necessary support from others for Nigeria (e.g. HR, Funding, MEAL, others).
- Represents Oxfam to government officials, Consortium, international organisations and NGOS and others stakeholders.
- Ensures staff safety and security procedures are monitored, updated and implemented. This will include an analysis of the risks and the threats to staff working on Oxfam programmes.
- Recruits and manages staff in line with Oxfam policies, ensuring that they have the necessary induction, training and support as required.
- First degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles – specifically in managing humanitarian and development programs funded by different donors.
- Significant leadership and management experience in the development and delivery of high quality program, influencing and humanitarian strategy, with and through partners or directly, in one or more challenging locations. (humanitarian WASH, protection and/or EFSL programs).
- Experience in leading and motivating multi disciplinary and partially geographically remote teams; a high degree of self awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development; experience with people management;
- Experience of managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders;
- A high degree of self awareness and an understanding of how to drive and support excellent team performance and individual development in line with Oxfam’s values and policies.
- Proven track record of leading and motivating multi disciplinary, geographically remote teams and operations across a number of locations.
- Good knowledge of developing and implementing monitoring systems to track the effectiveness of programs and an ability to build cooperative, professional relationships with donors, partners and peer organisations.
- Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English.
- Good interpersonal, influencing, diplomacy negotiating skills.
- Commitment to equal opportunity and gender policies; sensitivity to cultural differences, and the ability to work in a wide variety of cultural contexts.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Knowledge or appreciation of Nigeria in terms of its political, economic and social trends plus a good understanding of the key development and humanitarian issues in the region.
- Ability to travel to remote programmatic sites within the country.
- Experience in managing funded projects and proven ability to write proposals and reports to main humanitarian donors (ECHO, DFID, OFDA, etc.)
- Self Awareness
- Vision Setting
- Agility, complexity and ambiguity
- Relationship building
- A competitive and fair pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
Location: North East, Nigeria
As soon as possible
6th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: [email protected] with the position title as the subject of their mail
- Only applications sent in required format will be considered.
- Shortlisted candidates will be contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date
Job Vacancy Finance Officer at Oxfam
Job Title: Finance Officer
- To implement and monitor all financial aspects of the project, including the management of financial rise, ensure that financial procedures are adhered to and non compliance challenged, to provide financial information monitoring to project staff and partners.
- To work closely with the Country Finance Teams to provide quality financial information, process payments and maintain comprehensive accounting records.
- Ensure supporting documentation for payments is complete and correct (e.g. authorised and coded by budget holder) in accordance with Oxfam’s financial procedures.
- Prepare payments for authorisation by account signatories (including payroll). Ensure relevant statutory deductions are made, and transactions recorded accurately on Pastel
- Handling (finance related) queries regarding Donors.
- Interpretation of financial information, advice to Project Manager, and Finance Administrator.
- Analysing reporta for project staff and providing guidance. Influences staff to adopt Oxfam’s financial procedures.
- Provide adequate support to partners in financial management and ensure application of appropriate standards for financial accountability.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or any relevant equivalent degree.
- ICAN orACCA qualification will be an added advantage.
- 3 -5 years of progressively responsible and directly relevant professional experience, such as finance, accounting, grants management – ideally with at least 2 years with an International NGO.
- Ability to understand and implement the government tax &VAT laws.
- Proven knowledge of computerised systems and demonstrable experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets.
17th February, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their application letter and Curriculum Vitae as one attachment to: [email protected] with the position title as the subject of your email.
Last edited by misterjohn; Feb 3rd, 17 at 08:08 pm.