Execution Edge is an advisory and management consulting firm with strong capabilities and experience in the development and execution of strategy. We partner with our clients to achieve success by providing value-driven financial and enterprise transformation solutions that cut across the various facets of businesses, governments and institutions. Execution Edge also assists clients with talent acquisition tied directly to business strategy to support their competitive edge.
Job Title: Chief Executive Officer
- Our client is a leading indigenous manufacturer of exclusive quality electrical products and a provider of electrical services listed on the first tier of the Nigerian Stock Exchange. They seek a qualified and goal-oriented individual to fill the role of Chief Executive Officer who will take their ambitions to the next level.
- The CEO reports directly to the Board of Directors (Board) which is guided by established governance policies and bylaws defining their roles and responsibilities.
- She/He will be responsible for implementing the Company’s strategic plan including all operations, corporate communications, policy development and business development activities in line with the vision of the founders.
- Identify and drive ambitious and sustainable growth in line with the approved company long-term strategic plan and provide an organizational structure for implementing the company’s overall strategic plans.
- Support the board to identify trends that provide the basis for vision and future services and ensure compliance with policies that promote the company strategy, culture, mission and vision and ensure the cascading to all relevant personnel. Appraise and evaluate the results of overall operations regularly and systematically, and instigate remedial actions to restore performance to acceptable levels in the event that measured performance fall short of plans.
- Assure the reporting of financial and strategic plan progress to the Board and other key stakeholders.
- Oversee the daily operations of the company by liaising and mentoring business executives within each department. Develop and maintain a sound plan for the organization; establish policies to ensure adequate management development and provide for capable management succession.
- Ensure that competent people are in critical roles in the organisation and establish a process for continuous people development to ensure adequate supply of the right talents to meet the requirements of operations.
- Implement appropriate rewards/recognition and coaching/corrective practices to align personnel with company goals.
- Direct the development and establishment of adequate and equitable personnel policies throughout the organization, including compensation policies and employee benefit plans.
- Ensure that the interests and welfare of employees as individuals are preserved and protected.
- Partner with the board and senior management team to create a long-term strategic plan in order to further build efficiencies for cost savings, revenue growth, and increased profitability. In addition, develop and implement a system for tracking and reporting on the progress of the strategic plan implementation.
- Direct the development and installation of procedures and controls to ensure business risks are adequately mitigated, and to promote communication and adequate information flow to ensure effective management control of the company.
- Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations and laws governing business operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 15 years working experience, 5 of which must be in senior executive roles requiring good knowledge of financial and commercial functions and with bottom line accountability
- A minimum formal educational qualification from a tertiary institution
- Extensive engineering and electrical products industry experience will be an added advantage
- Proven leadership ability in the trade marketing and sales arena and the ongoing desire to win in fiercely competitive markets;
- Demonstrable ability to manage the needs and expectations of senior management in a highly entrepreneurial environment, preferably with experience of operating in a Nigerian SEC listed or privately-held business
- Excellent inter-personal relationship and Change Management skill
- Past experience in dealing with governmental regulatory agencies for consents and statutory approvals
- Hands-on, accessible, curious, able to deal with ambiguity, possess humble confidence, perseverance, whilst demonstrating strategic execution abilities
- Possession of a postgraduate degree, preferably an MBA will be an added advantage
- Excellent communicator with strong people management skills and the ability to engage and motivate teams, especially those who are matrixed i.e., sales and marketing, technical operations, logistics, finance & accounting, human resource, and legal
- Comfortable with the use of common desktop software computer packages like MS outlook, spreadsheets (like MS Excel), professional presentations (like MS word and PowerPoint) and high-level database management packages (like SAP, MS Navision, oracle, etc.).
- Our client offers an attractive and competitive compensation package including an annual net salary, dependency benefits, pension plan and health insurance scheme.
Location: Nnewi, Anambra State, Nigeria.
28th February, 2017.
Method of Application
All applicants via this LinkedIn platform must upload their CV to be eligible for consideration.
Resumes may also be submitted to [email protected] . Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Click Here To Apply On Linkedin