Jobelis Consultancy – Our client, a market leading player in the mobile telecommunications industry in Africa have a requirement for a Head of Procurement in Lagos, Nigeria. The role involves Senior leadership and strategy ownership for Telecomm passive infrastructure and Integrated Site Maintenance Services; direct procurement of infrastructure components such as tower structures , Diesel Power Generator modules; Site Build, civil construction and Tower installation services; and, Site Acquisition in support of Technical Field development Projects/Operations.
Job Title: Senior Manager – Supply Chain Functional Excellence Responsibilities
- The Senior Manager for our Supply Chain Functional Excellence department would be responsible for a team of subject matter experts delivering Business Intelligence, Analysis, Contract Risk, Compliance & Audit, Supplier Programme Managers, Supplier Requirements Engineering, Supplier Quality and Supply Chain Risk.
- Leadership of a group of experts deployed to develop procurement contract structures for a variety of complex goods and services.
- Owns the development, training and implementation of policies, procedures and processes for the supply chain function.
- Provide contract risk and compliance oversight to the procurement department.
- Leadership oversight of Supplier Management strategy development. Identify risks and develop mitigation strategies that support successful execution of the projects.
- Leadership oversight and management of procurement process, subcontract and supply chain audits as required.
- Leadership of a group of experts to support to complex subcontract negotiations and produce playbooks/training materials for procurement teams.
- Establishes operating plan for procurement risk and compliance assessment activities and performs to plan.
- Leadership interface between procurement and legal department on subcontract strategies and subcontract risk management.
- Leadership of expert support to assessments and the development of recovery plans, corrective and preventative actions related to subcontract claims and disputes.
- Reporting of functional level commercial risks and implications to project managers, regional managers, and senior executives
- Lead the evaluate and refinement of Business Intelligence goals, business objectives, decision support needs, data and performance requirements to meet business objectives
- Leadership and influence with other functions in an integrated team environment to drive the need to develop procurement specifications and statements of work for a variety of complex goods and services.
- Applies advanced job principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts as well as advanced job practices, techniques, and standards. Recognised as a job expert within the company.
- Problem Solving:
- Works on unusually complex problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
- Initiates assignments, determines, and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results.
- Work is checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than formal review by a superior.
- Develops advanced processes and guides their development into final product.
- Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organisational objectives and affect the organisation’s risk exposure and image.
- Acts as advisor to management and customers on subcontract risk elements.
- Masters’ Law Degree or equivalent,
- 15 years’ experience working with contracts and subcontracts.
- Experience in Contract Risk & Compliance, Functional Audit, Policy & Procedure, Advanced Negotiation, Knowledge Management, Business Intelligence, Contracting & Programme Management
Job Title: Head of Procurement – Technical
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key internal stakeholders (including Executive and Group Directors) to increase awareness of Procurement and communicate, implement and monitor compliance by internal stakeholders with corporate Procurement policies and collaborate to define and articulate their strategic sourcing needs and secure their engagement and support to agreed implementation strategies.
- Support the department’s leadership team on ‘Demand Management’ where necessary to challenge and change the organisation’s Procurement policy and buying behaviour and to provide support in resolving conflicts and removing any barriers to delivering optimum benefits via the Category Management process. In this dimension, assist Category Leads on large scale, complex Procurement projects where influence and experience can make a significant contribution to final sourcing outcomes.
- Identify and define opportunities for synergies, revenue growth and lead Spend Analysis in order to identify and develop savings opportunity assessment, including leading external benchmarking to support this assessment, and input supply market intelligence into the budget setting process and agree any saving targets to be included in the plan.
- Provide specialist advice, guidance and service in identification, assessment and management of potential risks associated with differing sourcing strategies and lead cross functional teams to develop Category strategies.
- Ensure make -vs- buy opportunities are considered as part of the development of applicable Category strategies in order to reduce costs, drive operational efficiencies and/or improve customer service and, where appropriate, lead on the production of the corresponding business case.
- Achieve cost savings objectives through creative Procurement strategies, vendor selection and review and development of favorable contract agreements.
- Lead the end to end tender process for high value/risk contracts including leading pre and post-award negotiations on strategically significant contracts in close collaboration with Legal and other relevant supporting departments..
- Define and manage key supplier relationships and be accountable for Supplier Relationship Management within the Category to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality,
- Continuously support centralised IM expertise to identify and collate key, comprehensive management information based on in-depth analysis and produce regular reports to reflect the performance of the Category team on spend management, savings tracking, project tracking, performance measurement and monitoring of key suppliers and contractors and key risk management.
- Keep abreast of developments in key supply markets and foster, establish and manage relationships with senior management of key and strategic suppliers to improve supplier performance.
- Continuously revalidate current processes and systems and drive refinements through structured change management efforts to drive adoption of improved systems and processes, standard tools, templates, legal documents and supplier selection methodology and criteria.
- Oversee and manage the Category team including monitoring that workload and work plans are effectively resourced and carried out in accordance with the Category Management Framework and Procurement policies and procedures.
- Assist in defining organisational design and oversee development of roles and responsibilities and recruitment.
- Define and develop a continuous improvement culture and monitor/coach team members by effectively managing development and performance.
- First Degree, Certified Purchaser (CIPS) preferred and Master’s Degree will be advantageous.
- Senior team and Category Management management experience: mandatory. To include:
- Advanced Problem Solving and numerate analytical skills.
- Excellent literacy skills.
- Strong IT skills (MS Office, ERP, Data Analysis).
- 15 years experience highly desirable.
- Strong influencing skills at senior levels to influence acceptance of new ways of working and building strategic awareness.
- Stakeholder relationships: building trust and fostering collaboration; excellent team management and interpersonal people skills are essential.
- Communicating effectively: strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic thinking complimented by excellent organisational and Project Management skills.
Last edited by misterjohn; Dec 16th, 16 at 09:04 am.