+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: WOMEN ARE BETTER DRIVERS-TRUE/FALSE?

WOMEN ARE BETTER DRIVERS-TRUE/FALSE?

I have started this topic among my colleagues in my working place as well as my neighbourhood and most people agreed with me checking on parameters below: (a) Who drives recklessly most, (b) Who goes to panel beater/mechanic shield most (c) Who cause most fatal accident most (d) If a man and a woman buy cars of same brand at same time and of same quality-whose car get old faster.....all operating under same circumstances? I bet it women are better drivers and managers.....

Re: WOMEN ARE BETTER DRIVERS-TRUE/FALSE?

This is an arguementative essay-but dont be quick to conclude otherwise u ll be committing a FALACY..some women are better drivers and managers, but dont make a generalizd conclusion.

All my neighbours takes their wife' cars 2d mechanic workshops, no loving man would allow a woman go tru such stress. I even do same for some of my female folks-so u cant use that as a yard stick.

It is relative and not a generalized issue!
    His(God's) mercies kept me!

When I say they are better drivers, it is relative and it is a statistical issue...but the fact is that most men are usually heady, showing unnecessary ego, and recklessness on steering. Assuming somebody is driving in your front and he is exercising reasonable caution-the usual comment is ''NA WOMAN". And most time it ends up being a woman!

I think you've got a point .
    Most women are careful on the road, although sometimes their slow pace could be frustrating, especially when you can't overtake.
    But all the same, you have to take cognizance of the fact that there are more percentage of men who drive than women.
    For every 10 drivers on the road, one is a woman. so why won't more men report to the mechanics!

Sincerely, I acknowledge there are as many as 10 men to a woman driver in Nigeria but all I don't like is the way we tend to show our MANLINESS WITH RECKLESS DRIVING. I used to be rough too but just changed my way and I wish others could do d same. It is better 4 us all if we drive as if we are brothers on d road and not as if we are fighting or RACING!

every1 desires a better way of life engineer, but as they say-if wished were horses....

Am sorry 2say but the truth is u cant expect PERFECTION in an IMPERFECT world. just continue to be careful in best possible way u can

''the truth is u cant expect PERFECTION in an IMPERFECT world''-am not actually calling for 100 per cent perfect driving but I believe we can be better by changing our attitude on steering and respect other road users instead of being in an UNNECESSARY HASTE and SHOWING OF EGO on wheel! We can reserve our skills till when next car race come up at ARGUNGU or elsewhere

+ Reply