+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: WHY DO IGBO IN YORUBA LAND HATE TO GIVE THEIR DAUGHTER TO YORUBAS

WHY DO IGBO IN YORUBA LAND HATE TO GIVE THEIR DAUGHTER TO YORUBAS

YOUR COMMENT WILL B HIGHLY APPRECIATED

HOUZ I THINK THIS IS A KIND OF DILEMMA AS I DONT KNOW IF THERE IS ANY REASON WHY IGBO PARENTS IN YORUBA LAND HATE THEIR DAUGHTER TO MARRY YORUBA BOIZ EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THAT BOTH OF THEM R REALY IN LOVE.
    I AM CONVINCED THAT I ACTUALLY LOVE THIS GAL AND THAT SHE LOVES ME TOO BUT HER PARENTS ESPECIALLY THE MOTHER WONT LET HER B PROBABLY BECAUSE SHE WANT HER TO MARRY ANOTHER IGBO BOY.
    PLS HOUZ I WANT U TO ADVISE ME ON WHAT I SHOULD DO.

How then did the Yoruba parents see it?
    If only the duo really luv each other, they wuld alwaz mak it if they persist. Its quite bad but it is connected 2 the difference in culture and tradition. May be religion or personal reason or experience. I've also seen successful marriage lik that but the man is the Ibo.

Re: WHY DO IGBO IN YORUBA LAND HATE TO GIVE THEIR DAUGHTER TO YORUBAS

Sure,cultural differences is at play here.The Igbo,of course are not alone in this,as other ethnic groups also display such extreme cultural preference.The lady can love yoy from now to thy-kingdom-come,and nothing will happen except he parents consent to the union.
    The are occasions where one of the parents will disown their daughter for marrying an 'outsider'.

This situation is what the NYSC was supposed to correct ab initio b4 it became the white elephant project it is currently.
    My advice to you is to be a good boy.And don't give the chase,especiallysince she is your heart throb!Remember to invite me during your wedding,so i can eat free food!

wats goin on ere is this a job sarch site o a cultural dance hall.
    easii....

Reply.

@Donaldinho: all work & no play makes jack a full boy. U need 2 cool off some times. Its not always abt job search.
    Afterall, u saw the subject b4 u puffed in. Serious guy

@ guru can u please let the house know the ' a lot of harm' the Yoruba has done to the Igbo?

Its not good to generalise on issues like this.I'm from EnuguState,i have 3sisters,one is married to a dashn young man from Ikare in Ondo state(a yoruba) another is married to a lagos guy from Ikotun.I'm engaged to be married to a sweet boi from outside Enugustate.
    My friend Yuddie just told me that as an Igbo,she has a sister married to a yoruba and another to an Aboki from Kaduna state.
    Its not about Ibos because even amongst yorubas,there are certain ppl who wont give out their dotas to other Ijebu men,and so it is right round Nigeria!

Its not good to generalise on issues like this.I'm from EnuguState,i have 3sisters,one is married to a dashn young man from Ikare in Ondo state(a yoruba) another is married to a lagos guy from Ikotun.I'm engaged to be married to a sweet boi from outside Enugustate.
    My friend Yuddie just told me that as an Igbo,she has a sister married to a yoruba and another to an Aboki from Kaduna state.
    Its not about Ibos because even amongst yorubas,there are certain ppl who wont give out their dotas to other Ijebu men,and so it is right round Nigeria!

Reply.

Situations lik this calls for marriage between different ethnic groups especially the Ibos, yoruba, hausa & others. So that Nigeria could truely be seen as one. May be i should be thinkin towards that direction

helloooo, this one topic which i really like to add to, am currently residing in Enugu as a yourba man, it is my wish to marry from another tribe not mine, but surprisingly am in love with an igbo girl which i wanted to marry but as a matter of fact she told me that we can not marry just because SHE is ADA(frist daughter) which i was was unable to believe, Why, so i asked her if we are both in overseas will she not marry me? no answer to that... so let stop this madness, anybody has the right to choose, since then we just enjoy ourselves nothing special and she does not like her igbo guys because of their proudness
    Yourba family will give their daughters to one that likes her with little or zero bride fee either ADA or no ADA
    Thanks

Interesting Contributions!
    More please!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

@ Dagunro

Please let us know if you are planning to hook up with one gal soon from another part of Nigeria and gathering ideas so as to buy her parents and relatives over.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast