Before I start let me say that I expect this post to stir things up a bit, but it's how I feel so i make no apologies for it.

I think it's important to highlight the truth about making money online. Let's get straight to the punch - 98% of people spend more on the "magic buttons" and other programs than they eventually make.

too many marketers are prying on people and their dreams. The usualy 15k in 1 month doing 4 hours work type of headlines and sales copy. Do this and you can't possibily not make money etc etc

You see sure the guys behind these claims have made this money, however these guys have lists, or have contacts, or have some sort of background. With the current "crisis" we are in too many people are buying into the dream and some marketers are really taking advantage.

In fact it kills me but i know of one marketer who was selling something (no names products or services mentioned) and the marketer was overheard laughing with his buddies how he really did not care about much apart from his bottom line.

Damn it folks so marketers are prying on people and promoting theirs and other peoples products without really caring that people won't make money with their products, maybe a very very small % will but not a whole lot.

I've coached people who have joined coaching programs and worked hard but were only given empty promises - guru's promising one on one coaching and not doing it, or doing it for a while and then nothing....

The fact that everyone has to see is that no matter what product you buy it's worth shag all unless you have a plan of some sort.

Sure you can spend money on the perfect list building system/program/course however if you don't do anything with it - it's useless.

Even if you do something with it if you have no traffic strategy it's useless
Even if you have a traffic strategy it's useless unless you have a product to offer
Even if you have a product to offer what's the use unless you provide something useful
Even if you have a useful product what's the point if you don't have a good follow up sequence....

You get where I am going here?

Too many people buy this and that and the other, heck I'll put up my hand and say i've done it too many times!, but they have no plan, no idea what they are doing, no business model or plan so what happens? Their house of cards business falls apart and they never make money.

Sure there is money to made online and a lot, but stop chasing the money making market, stop using plr as it is, stop selling junk and start building a business, a brand, a profile and more.

Here's what I think you need to do:
1) stop spending money
2) take stock of what you know and have
3) see what you could provide
4) draw up a business plan - set your goals
5) realise this is a business and work your plan
6) constantly refocus and re set your goals

Of course there's more to it than that but that's a good start

So how many people will make a promise in public to start thinking more about what they do online as a business and become more serious?

I Care,
It's Lateef (Online Business Expert)