+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Topic: Share & Learn about Interview experiences!

Re: House, Pls lets share our Interview Experiences!

The trick in the tests is to target just half plus anything else,because you normally have about 1min and fifteen secs to answer any questions so why not resoucre control!.for interviews,you must prepare and remember it is always your CV that they use for verifying anything about you!, and for God's sake smile and relax,you can take deep breathes of air and let out slowly,it oxygenate your blood!.my personal rule of thumb,for every min of presentation spend an hour preparing. always put your best foot forward!

Re: House, Pls lets share our Interview Experiences!

4 intercontinental just relax and do ur talking
    blow their minds with ur yarns
    they dont hav much to ask just stuff u can handle
    make sure u do a good cv
    it will speak volumes 4 u
    pray. God will giv u wisdom

Re: Share & Learn about Interview experiences!

Iyanuoluwa are u talking abt cash link finance invst plc?cos i passed d test ,interview n chat wit md.doz it mean dat we re in d same shoes?plz reply.
    ibkbaba

does any one know the procedure/standard of an oceanic bank interview
    E go better!!!

For all those looking for job, check out this website for top job interview video and more

http://www.seferm.com/careers/videoc...videoindex.asp

I just had my first interview after NYSC today and i think i didnt do well.Just thought i should share it in here and have folks identify my errors so we could learn from it do well in other future interviews.Guess i was a JJC afterall.

question 1
    Lets meet with you,that is tell us about yourself

Answers
    I then asked if i could start from my educational background,and they replied that i could say as much as i could about myself
    I then told them my names,where i was born and brought up.My educational background and all that,the little work experiences i have had during my youth service and all that.

Question 2

What is the company into and how can you be of value to the organisation.

Answer
    I didnt really know much about this,cos i was only informed of the interview yesterday,so i didnt investigate into much of the activities of the firm.I just knew they were into database management and software deployment to medium and large organisations.But guess that answer was not good enough from the replies i got from them.They made statements like is that all they do.
    To the second part of this question,how can you be of value to the organisation,i guess i went into things i should not have even mentioned i would say.I said i had knowlegde of database management cos i had my OCA results,and that i was a fast learner that was very comfortable with new technology,so i could l learn new things and be of value to the firm after some months of gathering useful experience.Then would i say i blundered to mention that i run a cyber cafe business and i have learnt quite a lot about hardwares and server management,local area networking and some other hardware stuff.Then came replies like that experience is not relevant to the organisation and is useless.

Question 3
    What are your career goals and plans
    Answer
    I said i wanted to become an information system analyst/consultant,and that i was working towards that direction via IT certifications and training.I was then asked to define an information system,which i did.I was not really prepared for this line of questioning cos i was actually applying for a marketing position,but i did the best i could do under the circumstance.

Question 4

I was now asked to bring originals of my credentials.Guess i floored in this area.Had a 2.2 and they kept on hammering on how and why did i get a 2.2 from school when it was'nt as if they specified that only 2.1 should apply.I just told them i had slight problems in my 100L in school when i lost my dad,that it affected my grades i tried hard to make a 2.1 but could'nt catch up with it and the grades is not a true representation of my ability.Then my "o" level results was the real tough one.I have two o level results,one was the normal SS3 WAEC in which i had a deficiency in English language but had 3 A's and the others were C's apart from English,and the other result which was a GCE nov/dec,i had the English language and the other subjects but is was all c's,a C4,C5,and the others were C6's,guess i was only concerned about the English language then,but since i got all the subjects in one piece i started using that result despite the many C6's.I only found out today it was bad for interviews.They launched at me that i was not good enough to have had so many C6's.I tried explaining to them that i had another result in which i had A's but had a deficiency in English language hence it could not be presented,but i guess i had no proof and could not convince them.At this point i had started loosing my composture and was sort of nervous.Guess i'll have to start attaching both o level results from today.

Then came questions like "what are you doing now"

Answer:I am presently taking lectures in preparation for some IT certification exams.I also run a business of my own to at least earn some money for myself and render services to people.Then they asked me if i can manage people and how i manage the touts and yahoo yahoo boys that patronage me.I just told them i have been able to develop my communication skills to deal with various classes of people.

Then they asked me where would i want to be 5 years from now

i said i would want to be in a position where i could apply the knowledge gathered over years of experience working for the organisation to contribute to the growth of the organisation.

I was then asked how much i would want to earn should i be employed?

I said they already have a structure on ground for entry level positions and that i definitely will not be an exception.But they insisted on a figure,so i told them within the range of 50k to 60k will be ok for a start cos i have weighed the place and could make a guess on how much they can pay.

Well thats a summary of my first interview.Please i know i made a whole lot of mistakes and i want to learn how to avoid them and do better in the future.Guess there were things i should not have mentioned and others i should have mentioned or answered differently.Please just help me point out my mistakes and give likely suggestions for future interviews.

Thanks.

www.myebizoffice.com<br />Get Student Scholarships and loans @ rapidstudentloans.com

To improve your chances of succeeding in a job interview, writing a top CV, check out this website:

http://www.seferm.com/careers/videoc...videoindex.asp

i have an interview 2mrow and going tru this just today has really planted some new ideas into my brain. god knows how he work things out. with him on our side we shall be there.
    thank u guys.
    god bless
    we shall not only be in charge, but actually in control.........

Yinka, pls for a first timer like me,i need some tips on how to build my confidence and manner of answering questions in interviews.Thanks a lot

Yinka, thanx u're a great guy doing a great job

Macmide, pls have u heard anything on procurement systems analyst test result from exxonmobil?
    Is it thru u have to have an insider to pass the test?

Hi guys,
    I just went thru dis session and i want to say u guys r doing a great job. kudos!
    And Yinka i give it to u. u r gud
    Too blessed 2 b stressed

HI HOUSE I NEED TO BE UPDATED ON ANY BANK RECRUITING PRESENTLY!!!!!!!THANKS.....1 HOUSE

Kudos to the guys in the house u re doing a great job.

Oliks 28,i read thru ur interview experience i ll want to assure u that u may not ve done badly as u said.Note that in interviews the interviwee tends to find ur strenghts and weaknesses and since they re not spirits they tend to do that thru face to face contact with their questions.Most times they know when u re lying or not,they want s to see how smart u can be ,remember they too attended interviews themselves,whether u re easily provocated ,to which extent can u be streched in decisiopn making and analysis.SO even when they annoy u or try to embarass you with your grades smile and tell them u ll make it up ,that they should give u a try.For every mistake or failure theres always an excuse so dont bother going into leghty explanations just ve confidence and tell them u ll make it up ,its stil good if u say things like exams not being.............................
    So dont loose hope expect good news and testify when it comes,theres always a devils advocate in a panel that must be there to confuse even when u re on the right track so warm uop for good.

endy

+ Reply
Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast