+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Topic: SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP?

Re: SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IN A COMMITTED RELATIONSHIP?

Have u ever thought u'd get married one day. So why defile urselfs now when u know u'ld be together 4ever. Avoid temptation plz, Marrige is Honourable bed Undefiled!
    @

Very interesting and key topic raised by Faith Yetu. No pretending here and no one has the right to harass anyone here. I would first and foremost like to ask @ Eniola Ladidi, what do you think would happen if a couple suddenly realised after marriage that they are not in any way sexually compatible?? Most expecially when it has gotten to an intolerable extent.

@Nwoko_emmanuel, I agree that it takes more than sex but not love to keep a relationship. Personally, like I said before I think that sexual compatibility is not something to be figured out after saying 'I do'.
    @Baps,to me your last fact is a hasty generalisation. I am glad you know that not all who had sex before marriage ended up regretting it but it is also vice versa. However you need to know that dozens of marriages have broken due to sexual incompatibility which I earlier mentioned.
    More so, let me state here that not everyone in this forum is a Christian or Muslim for example myself and the other Eckist guy that spoke before are of different faith. So Faith Yetu should take note.
    I'm stating with pertinacious exactitude that premarital sex was never mentioned anywhere in my own scripture/Bible.
    At this Juncture, I will deviate from religion now and rather stick with ethics in my own view, ethics means knowing the difference between right and wrong using your initiative. Premarital sex for me is a personal issue.
    do you know a whooping 73% of broken marriages are caused by lack of appropriate courtship? courtship is a time partners get to know each other better, understand their values and communicate more about their views, a time of been very unbiased and honest about their true values in all ramification
    premarital sex can frustrate courtship and eliminate the key things which one should look out for before tying the Nuptial Knots otherwise if anything comes contrary to your expectation, who will you have to blame for it?
    This calls for critical evaluation between you and partner before marriage. I understand that sex is a source of bonding here.Though most people just jump into relationships without proper defined objectives and want to start having sex from day one. Such relationships do not last. Learn how to have control over everything you do or else you will be switching between Tabs with a lot of emotions beclouding your sense of judgement.
    I still do not see anything wrong with having sex with someone you would want to spend the rest of your life with before marriage. Life is too short.

S

haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
    EL- AZAR! EL-AZAR!!, EL-AZAR!!! How many times have i called you? Please let sleeping dogs lie.

@EL-AZAR, I sincerely respect ur opinion but you see, how certain (I mean the percent) are you dat you will end up marrying dat very person you are having sexual intercourse with. Wat will you call it after sleeping wit dis very person and at the end did not marry him/her - I assume you will call it one of those things!! We honestly need to tell ourselves the truth - life is too short, I agree but this same life has its differnt stages. Sexual Intercourse is something dat you will continously enjoy when you get married, then why rushing into it. Why dont you just marry de person and den kill urself with it than having it pre...Life has a lot of values and norms irrespective of ones belif and religion but its unfortunate that our society upholds the negative side of the life. SLEEPING WITH YOUR PARTNER (be it in committed relationship or not) IS NOT ADVICEABLE AND SHOULD BE CONDEMNED. @Faith, I think the various points/opinions had been raised, its hightime you conclude on this topic - 3 parties are very obvious and outstanding in this discussion. 1. People dat are in support of partners having sexual intercourse before marriage. 2. People dat are against partners having sexual intercourse before marriage (where I strongly belong). 3. Finally, people that are indifferent on the topic (they acknowledge dat its not something good but one has to get involve in it inorder not to make mistakes, have regrets or be embarrased with some unpleasant surprises). Considering these summations pls do very good in concluding on this topic... Thanks for this topic and more of that from you. Its been nice participating in this topic. Cheers to all participants in the house but pls always keep the light shinning. Remain blessed!!

@ babalarry, very true. Thanks for your advice. Take charge.

@ EL - AZAR, I must applaud your honesty and being factual to your faith or religion, most of us; @ Ntiko, @ Eniola, @ Nwoko_Emmanuel, etc are BORN AGAIN christians who know the dangers of premarital sex, from our BIBLE, It says Marriage is honorable and the bed Undefiled, whoremongers,illicit sex,fornicators,adulterers, God will judge. The choice of faith to follow is ours, not even God would make that for you, you choose as you WANT. But remember, you'll account one day for it. I LOVE JESUS VERY MADLY, I HAVE NEVER HAD SEX WITH MY PARTNER SINCE I STARTED MY COURSHIP, 3 YEARS PLUS NOW, though the pressure is much on the body; I hope to get married soon, you must understand that with the flesh I/we can't stay this long, but with the help of our GOD who said wait until marriage, I CAN. SO I AM NOT CONCLUDING as @ Ntiko said, I am presenting my humble opinion and contribution as led by the Spirit, that "PREMARITAL SEX OR SEXUAL INTERCOURSE IS WRONG/NOT PART OF GOD'S PLAN FOR MAN, MAN HAS MEDDLED WITH IT TO HIS DEMISE/FRUSTRATION. For those who are wise RUN FOR IT. I appreciate @ Ntiko and a host of others, keep contributing and blessing someone on this subject, God will see us through. And for those who don't believe in what a host of us are saying, NO HARD FEELINGS, WE'LL ALL REAP WHAT WE SOW, AND ON THE LAST DAY EVERYONE WILL ACCOUNT TO HIS CREATOR HOW HE/SHE LIVED HER LIFE. For those who think this is a subject for argument, pls am not arguing with anybody, am just CONTRIBUTING AND EXERCISING MY FREEDOM OF SPEECH as everyone else is entitled to. Take charge my fellas, God bless you all, keep contributing, antagonising etc. It's all your choice, everyone knows where he/she stands. See you @ the top.

sexual, the matter of sexual compatibility is a subject of interview not intercourse, it should be discussed very critically and truthfully, not practically in the courtship. Take charge.

+ Reply
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789