+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Revealed - The Major Reason Many Applicants Don't Get Jobs!!!

Revealed - The Major Reason Many Applicants Don't Get Jobs!!!

Hello,
    This truly is a clarion call to all who truly desire to get their dream jobs.
    It's a disturbbing thing to see so many people - young or old - roam the streets, with their certificates and another document they call 'c.v'. Many lament their woes of not being invited for interviews, and they blame their woes on 'Iya Risika' or 'Mama Chinedu', for some silly reasons.
    The truth be told that your inability to secure a job interview largely depends on that document you carry all about - your 'c.v.' I've been privileged to conduct interviews for some job-hunters. So, I can tell you authoritatively that your c.v. is your enemy!!!! Surprised? Please, don't be.
    It's a common knowledge world over (except among many Nigerians, huh!) that the major tool you need in finding a job is not a c.v. but a RESUME. Yes, you heard that right. And it has to be professionally written. Little wonder many companies abound on the internet, dedicated to helping job-seekers of all caders, write their Resumes. And they charge BIG for their services. Majority of Nigerians don't know this fact, and it's more difficult for them to get International job placements.
    A professionally-written Resume tells your would-be employer about whom YOU are. So, most of the times, the employers have already known you before meeting you, and have prepared the list of their potential employees, even before the interview date. So, learn from me, and don't ever forget, that all the Aptitude test, etc are ruse. And don't get me wrong. I didn't say that those who got the jobs had god-fathers somewhere, or it's a 'man-know-man thing'. It is in the professionally-written Resume.
    So, be wise and do the right thing, NOW. Get a good Resume, before you apply for the next job.
    I found a firm here in Nigeria that helps job-seekers write their Resumes, for a small fee, of course. If you are interested, you may send an enquiry to: [email protected]
    www.haideas.com<br />www.myinternetpalace.com

Re: Revealed - The Major Reason Many Applicants Don't Get Jobs!!!

so all this plenty grammer was for the 'small fee'
    ...be aware that GOD IS IN FULL CONTROL!

Pls house, can anybody post d test format of NDIC test comx up.

@bumajj - There is othing wrong in you advertising your new business idea for a 'small fee' but before any struggling job-seeker send anyone their last Naira or Kobo for a CV or 'RESUME' as you put it. I will strongly suggest they copy and print a post by one 'oluoye - jobsearchguru' on this site - posted on 25 November 2008 = THINGS THAT CAN GO WRONG WITH YOUR JOB SEARCH. It is an essential read for all graduate Nigerian job seekers.

Job Search Stages:
    (1) A good CV or Resume will get you invited for an interview but will not guarantee you get the job.

(2) Interview - You have to learn how to package and sell yourself at the interview with a coherent response to questions asked. Be prepared because there are few basic but standard questions you will be asked at the interview and if you are not prepared you will not answer them. Imagine if you are asked 'Tell us about your strengths and weaknesses' or 'Why are you the best person for this job' Trust me if you are not prepared you will fail to answer any of the above.

Curriculum Vitae & Resume

C.V = This a a document that profiles your educational and academic background and work experience (if any). This is usually longer (2 pages) and more DETAILED compared to a Resume.

Resume = Usually a page or two SUMMARY of your skills, education and experience.

This is FREE. Go to GOOGLE and type 'how to write cv' hit return and you should get few examples from around the world. You can the use as a template for your own. GOOD LUCK to ALL JOBSEEKERS!!!!

+ Reply