I Will ever live to regret my extra marital affair’
Off-Day Dating: By BOLANIRAN OMOKOREDE,08028070065
Saturday, October 11 , 2008

Illustration: Adaorah
Living index
Up till this moment, I cannot tell the kind of Spirit that led me to immorality, to the extent of ruining my nine years marriage and worst still put an end to my husband’s life. If I had been a flirt from time past, before marriage, this issue would not have been strange to me, but I was such that I hate immorality in its entirety.

And not even as if I take it to the extent of going out with different men, but why Jimoh attracted me and got me cheap still remain a mystery till date.

He was my classmate at the secondary school and for years after then we did not meet anywhere. I could not even recognize him the first day I saw him again after many years until he reintroduced himself.

My car was bad and could not take me to work that morning. I joined a public transport, which broke down half way and the bus conductor returned our money. I trekked with other passengers to the nearest bus stop to get another bus. Not quite two minutes that I stood there waiting for another bus, I heard somebody shouting my name, “Omolara; Omolara!” I looked towards the direction and saw a man standing by a car, who waved me to come. I looked at him wondering where I knew him. I reasoned that for anyone to call my first name, not even the baptismal name, then such person must know me well.

I moved closer to him and he smiled to me. Having noticed that I couldn’t recognize him, he introduced himself. I asked, “which Jimoh? Can you please remind me?” He said, “Jimoh Mamoud, St. Jude High School.” My mind went back straight to our secondary school days and with that excitement I hugged him. “You have seriously changed!” I said. He gave me a ride to the office that day.

From that day, Jimoh kept contacting me, either on phone or sometimes coming to my office. He only came to our home once during my husband’s birthday. I introduced him to my husband that day since he knew about how I came to meet him after some years. Quite unfortunately, a love affairs developed between Jimoh and I all of a sudden. I could not give account of how it started because he did not woo me, in the true sense of it. The only thing I recall was a pat he gave me on my cheek one of the evenings when I gave him a ride back home. Before then, he would sometimes ask his driver to go home with the car, while he joined me in my car. I never imagined having a love affairs with Jimoh.

On this particular day in question, before he disembarked from my car he held my right hand tight to the steering and asked me to say a special good night to him. I smiled and asked: “How?” He did not say anything else but just gave me a pat to my cheek and alighted. He wished me “Good night!”
Throughout that night I thought about his behaviour. I felt the same sensation each time the event flashed back to me. I told myself that I have to be careful. Later we started an affairs.

My husband later knew about the affair, but he did not send me packing as recommended to him by people. Oh I feel for Dare. He was just too kind. He wouldn’t have died if he had sent me out of his house. Everything ended the way it is. Even after the first one, he still caught me with Jimoh several times, but he only begged me and promised to do anything for me to leave the man, which I would promise but found difficult to adhere.

At a point, called my aunt and reported the matter, but all their pleas fell on deaf ears. It was like the more he pleaded the more I got deeper in the evil acts. Even in all these, my husband did not allow it to get to our children’s hearing. I wonder why Dare had to love me to every extent. I believe it is beyond what he claimed to be the reason because other men would not take that for an excuse to live with a whore as a wife. The excuse he gave then was that I was the vehicle to his success in life, which another man would have forgotten easily.

Dare kept tolerating me. Sometimes he would be the one to cook, while I was away and come back late. The only day he got infuriated and beat me was when he came back from a trip to know that I left the children alone at home for three days.

Jimoh was not happy when I told him that my husband beat me and after many persuasions I took the Juju he gave to me to use for my husband. I had never touched Juju in life, I loathe it like hell, but this evil and unusual love for Jimoh made me a husband killer. He didn’t tell me it would kill him, though he asked me to put it in his meal and that it will make him not to obstruct our love affair.
I did not do it until after three weeks. Instead of working as Jimoh told me, Dare died just two hours after eating the food laced with the Juju poison.

Though Jimoh denied the potency of the Juju to kill, I could not believe him. My husband’s death brought me back to my senses. When Jimoh came to visit me in my husband’s home, after that, it was tough for him. I bit his ear, poured a dirty water on him. But can that help me to wake my loving husband from six feet below the ground? No. I will ever live to regret it!

For comment on this piece or counsel on your relationship call 08028070065