+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Topic: NIGERIA GRADUATES- ''HALF-BAKED''?

Re: NIGERIA GRADUATES- ''HALF-BAKED''?

IT IS NO NEWS TO ME NOR TO ANYONE, BUT HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF COMING ON AIR TO MAKE SUCH STATEMENT. IS HE NOT PARTY TO THOSE WHO DONT WANT ANYTHING TO WORK IN THIS COUNTRY, INFACT, HE SHOULD RESIGN HIS APPIONTMENT AS A MIN.

IT IS NO NEWS TO ME NOR TO ANYONE, BUT HE SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF HIMSELF COMING ON AIR TO MAKE SUCH STATEMENT. IS HE NOT PARTY TO THOSE WHO DONT WANT ANYTHING TO WORK IN THIS COUNTRY, INFACT, HE SHOULD RESIGN HIS APPIONTMENT AS A MIN.

since dey have nothing to offer wat else do u think dey will say.dey are the maker of the curriculum we used in the poly/uni, dey presented half baked lecturers, dey made the school environmnt unbearable 4 us,to collect the half baked certificate na trouble,dia unproductive nysc is nothing but "now your suffering continues" only for dem to add salt upon injury dey say we are half baked.anyway, d solution lies in dia hands.afterall naija has been termed a failed state dat may likely dis integrate com 15yrs god forbid.Den we shall know "who`s half baked"

when we argue, we should ensure that we are always objective in our approach to whatever discourse we are engaged in. the truth is that nigerian graduates DO NOT HAVE INDUSTRY READY SKILLS. this is because of the society's undue emphasis on PAPER CERTIFICATIONS and a misplaced priority on the part of students while at the university.

take for instance, i read engineering and have a good result. Most of the skills ( IT and industry specific ) skills i have was got when i joined my firm. I had to be trained. I took personal time to REALLY STUDY and practice.
    I have a corper in my department( elect engr grad) with a 2.1. He couldnt use Excel in a firm where we have more complex applications. But when i look back, i try and be understanding with them and patient too. But my problem is that he is very slow in learning..... remember i said that i took PERSONAL TIME TO STUDY.

so guys... with the exception of say ..the arts and social sciences grads, nigerian graduates...particularly engineering ones... well ARE NOT BAKED AT ALL.. they get baked if they get employed in a reasonable firm that offers training opportunities...
    anyway, the problem is with the society... not the grads themselves!!!!!

why shudnt we blame the minister when he hasnt said the right thing to he right people.of recent he marked his birthday with millions of naira which is enough to pay lecturers in a university

Fellow youths,
    Baking is a process, the end point is determine by the baker himself.
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

The state of Nigeria's Education system depicts that of a hopeless and failed nation...our leaders have failed, they should be ashamed and do something rather than waggle their dirty stinking mouth to say Nigerian graduates are half baked....Egwu should resign or better still be sacked as he is incompetent- hence not fit to head such a key sector. I served in Ebonyi state where he was Gov. for 8good years and had noting to offer even to his people come to talk of the whole nation. He's such a big joke.....

him leave wetin he suppose do ,den begin dey yean rubbish. he no dey there wen all the ASU go on strike now? Na only God go save naija.

Co patriot, what do u expect from a doctor who does not know what it takes to be one? our leaders outrightly don't know how to talk cos they don't know the implication of their comments. this is Dr Egwu 2nd arrogant statements in just 2 months. if Naija's graduates are half baked which they are not, as Naija's Hon minister of Education, what's the arrogant supposed to do? guys, don't mind the half baked Chief (Dr) Sam Egwu! bring out his academic performances and compare them to a present day graduate's, don't be suprised what u may find. onward forever pals, we will change this nation for good sometime and get rid of the Egwus in Nigeria.

good naija men should pls call upon this good for nothing, unproductive minister of education, Dr Sam Egwu who does not know what to offer in order to sanitize the system and produce full baked graduates as the minister of education to resign his appointment with immediate effect.

If you ask me I would say the entire system has gone bad, so, by implication the product of the system has lost that required standard touch.
    Save for those who made out time for personal accomplishment in our these days school, others basically fall far away from standard. what would you say of a Coper telling an IT student to help her draft an application for casual leave? The reverse should be the case.
    People! lets face the reality of the situation.
    Life is what you make of it.

na waooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

na serious matter!
    Life is what you make of it.

+ Reply
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast