+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT TRAINING SCHEME (NETS) Graduate Recruitment

Re: NATIONAL EMPLOYMENT TRAINING SCHEME (NETS) Graduate Recruitment

@jwesley. I don't even know whether to laugh, to cry or to get angry at your funny but insightful comments. All the same, I think you have a point because I was also applied to Universal Telecoms(I never heard anything from them) but it's a worth a try because there is no use being unnecessarily pessimistic and cynical. I believe in these hard times that jobs are really scarce, spending N100 on an sms is worth the risk. It might pay off handsomely. Besides both the advert placement and the website look genuine enough. Thanks for the critical analysis

@Oyio .Abeg Take am easy,pls dont close down our Guardian. e be like say na your xtracool money u sacrifice take send your text, CHAI !!! So no nite call today?LOL. @Sweetie (i refuse 2 call u any other name) there's no such thing as 'looks genuine' Even NAFDAC cant tell d difference b/w Real or fake ampiclox from d pack.Give me Photoshop and i'll Turn Yaradua 2 Obama! If this guys r scammers & Paid 4 an advert in a national daily,they'll go to great lengths 2 make their shit look real! there are even hungrier talented site developers than employed ones.Looks can b deceptive honey.
    U either lead, follow or Get Out Of The Way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwesley
    @Oyio .Abeg Take am easy,pls dont close down our Guardian. e be like say na your xtracool money u sacrifice take send your text, CHAI !!! So no nite call today?LOL. @Sweetie (i refuse 2 call u any other name) there's no such thing as 'looks genuine' Even NAFDAC cant tell d difference b/w Real or fake ampiclox from d pack.Give me Photoshop and i'll Turn Yaradua 2 Obama! If this guys r scammers & Paid 4 an advert in a national daily,they'll go to great lengths 2 make their shit look real! there are even hungrier talented site developers than employed ones.Looks can b deceptive honey.
    You are doing great jare.Must we sacrifice N100 order to be given an unknown job.Poeple shuold take cognizance look at their website and see that they are not 100% real.Federal govt no send them any message.They are just using guardian to make theselve popular.
    Ithink Guardian should scrutinize job adverts very well,otherwise we will sue them to court for breach of duty of care
    it's gonna be alright

All I'm saying is that you guyz shouldn't be too cynical. After all even for NYSC registration, one has to buy 250 naira scratch card to register online, and that money is definitely going straight to the Federal Government, same goes for checking WAEC or NECO result online, so spending 100naira on an sms isn't that bad. If you apply and there are some funny demands for you to pay any amount of money, you can discontinue the registration. It's very optional, if you are skeptical, you really don't have to apply. Cheers

@jwesley: I think there is something called logic. To say the least, your contribution to this thread is bereaved of logic and lacks coherence. You may know a few words in the English language but you lack the capacity to weave them in a manner that makes sense. Could that be because your thought too are without pattern and jaded? That would simply make you compare to a man with brushes and paints but who does not know how to paint a portrait. If you think you are not "pervasively skeptical", why reel out these perceived inconsistencies just to give a bad impression of an innocent and honest advert? Does the fact that the Universal Telecoms advert turned out to be a fiasco imply that ALL adverts are scams? And if your intention is not to dissuade people from applying so you stand a better chance, why do you apply just on the heels of your sermon of faithlessness. Sometimes it is wiser to be silent than expose ignorance and badblood in a forum where people deserve better.

@ Oyio: The Guardian is a publishing house and is not under any obligation to investigate advert claims made by advertizers. The situation can be compared to the role of a microphone, it merely echos what the speaker has to say. It does not validate the claims of the speaker or querry his intent. That is the purpose of the Guardian when it comes to adverts. They may verify other issues but not necessarily adverts. We are in the era freedom of expression and so people are FREE to say what they want provided it does not amount to a direct violation of statutes or constitutional requirements or a breach of people/someones right. Indeed it will be unethical for them to refuse publishing and advert because "they feel" its a scam. Its YOUR DUTY to verify adverts as to its authenticity and decide for yourself wether to apply on not. And not try to decide for others on whether they should apply or not. THAT IS AN INFRINGEMENT ON PEOPLE'S RIGHT TO CHOOSE!!!

This same thing happened to me with Spring bank and i missed out. i am done listening to pessimists. their website is Genuine and they have valid office adresses. Universal telecom never had these. i am sure the 100 naira is to ensure that only serious people apply. PEOPLE STOP DOUBTING AND START BELEIVING.

IT is a SCam. FG won't reqire u to pay notin.
    imagine how many us are look'n for a may be over a million , multiply dat by 100 then 'll know how much they will get off us. i bet you will not hear from them again in a matter of weeks

To give it a try, i sent d sms, but d notificatn did not come with d details of d reg. No. to register with as directed, rather this no.07041324083 To enquire details from, but d no. Can not be reached.
    I think somethin is wrong wt d advert

I believe everyone's make some useful contribution to this modern scam of a thing.has anyone been able to register with the NETS?the form ain't coming up.smell another bitter wicked scam.we leave all to God.

Try 2 carefully read d info on d reg page, u'll discover u av 2 wait 4 a min of 24hrs after sendin d text b4 going online 2 register. All u need is ur email and a page 4 reg. will be loaded 4 u. Just completed d reg now and already av my unique reg code in my email inbox. A word of advice 4 all doubting thomases, why not giv it a trial? Who knows if its going 2 work out. Sincere appreciation 2 sweetzee

@ Screensaver

I've been around forums enuff 2 recognize guys like u that reduce honest discussion forums to an avenue 4 personal attacks and I'm sick of your kind but refuse to get drawn to your Namecalling cos those that log in 2 read enlightened opinions deserve better.But I'd be damned not to respond 2 your vituperations.
    U ramble about logic but its the very thing u lack, b4 my comments, all d preceding comments were in favour of the advert and all I simply did was present d other side of the coin simply cos that was all that was left 2 do, so y accuse me of reeling out 'perceived inconsistencies'? And did u describe it as an innocent and honest advert? Whats d basis 4 your total belief and conclusion? at least I gave reasons 4 my Scepticism, where r yours, Mr Logic? Abt d reference to Universal telecom, U obviously gave your brain a break while reading thru my posts otherwise u would've noticed I avoided calling d advert a SCAM, but only drew inference from it.So whats d basis 4 your Conclusion?
    Did u say my intention is to dissuade people so I can stand a better chance? Phew.. what a Cynically sadistic thought! Between me and U, I relish intellectual challenges anyday n anytime so BRING IT ON. I stated from the outset that "I would PROBABLY apply" regardless of my doubts so y wont anyone apply cos of what I said? With all due respect, any graduate dat takes decisions without independently weighing both sides ought 2 still be in skool and obviously thats where u belong.
    And 2 my favorite, Did u say I know a few words of English? but yet u described my comments as "Bereaved"? CHAi!! , I believe d word u were searching for is 'Bereft' Mr Halfbaked Wannabe!
    In conclusion, my logic is clear and Coherence, I believe is subjective, If it was too complex 4 u, then thats an indictment of those that graduated u from skool. So who has exposed ignorance eh?

@olums008, thanks for showing ur appreciation. I also applied yesterday. To all those finding it difficult to register, I suggest u guys read the instructions carefully. After sending the SMS, it takes a while to get a response. When u get a response, ure supposed to log on to the website i.e. www.netsnigeria.org, click on "Enter site", enter the website and key in ur email address which you sent via SMS at the left side of the website in the space provided, and click on "submit". The application form will then load in a matter of seconds depending on your internet speed. Fill out the form and submit it. You should get a confirmation email in a matter of seconds or minutes. If u check your mailbox and cannot find the confirmation email, check your "spam" folder, it should be there. Hope this helps all those having some difficulty in registering.

I was listening 2 d radio dis morn and by happenstance got RHYTHM 93.7 Benin and heard d advert over the radio and I'm hoping somone also heard it somewhere. But has that dispelled my doubts? Barely! Pls check out Job& Link &Dot &Cm and see what a well cordinated scam looks like. Its HQ is in Benin u reg online and get a no. and write an exam online (of course after a token) as real as sh*t but its an elaborate scam that draws u in stage by stage. I'd be impressed when i see d advert on on NTA/FRCN. Yaradua cant be that stupid 2 forget 2 do that! or can He? So am I still applying? PROBABLY

+ Reply
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast