“For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.” Ephesians 6:12

This month of November 2015, is the month God promised me for marriage. Although, due to church processes and procedures, the marriage rites and ceremony have been pushed forward to next year.

But regardless, as a man of faith, I believe this month of November, is the month when my marriage is to be consummated in heaven in the spiritual realm. So naturally, I trusted God to begin to confirm his promises to me, with divers signs and wonders.

According to my faith, by the beginning of this month, God has indeed answered one of my most pressing desires needed for the effectual kick-off of the marriage. But on the other hand, I never expected that the hordes of hell were going to be on the loose against me.

It all started that on the very first day of November 2015- which is my spiritual month of marriage- that after praying in the morning, as I decided to sleep awhile before finally getting up to my normal routine business, that I experienced a very funny nightmare before waking up.

As I awoke, I didn’t pay much attention to it. Because I was oblivious of the fact that it was a satanic attack.

Then the very next morning after that episode, at the very same situation and exact time, as I tried to wake up from my sleep, I found out that in the spirit realm –call it the dream realm- as I tried to leave my bed to go and open my door, a kind of force seemed to drag me back to my original position on my bed. With my hand tightly bound to my pillow in exactly the same way I was holding it before I slept off.

I struggled all I could with that satanic binding power in that spirit realm to wake up out of my sleep. But all my efforts were to no avail. Then finally, after I had exhausted all I knew to do, and was fagged out of struggling with the binding force, in my helpless state, I just said; “Jesus, thou man of war, won’t you save me?”

Immediately I said that, the binding force just loosed its grip; then immediately reached out for my throat, so I won’t continue with my supplication. But then I just struggled to continue pleading for help from the Lord, and within one or two seconds, the force eventually left hold of me completely. And I woke up out of my sleep, totally unhurt physically.

But then, as I awoke from my sleep, apart from being grateful to the Lord for his timely intervention, I was spiritually angry- wondering how those inferior forces could ever get access to me.

So the very next day, with righteous indignation, I made up my mind that I was going to deliberately sleep by the exact same time those forces used to attack me. Let me see if they will still have the nerve to attack me after my prayers, with my faith fully in place.

But surprisingly, after a few minutes of sleeping off, about the same time I was supposed to get up, in the spirit realm, right on top of me, was a dark force exerting pressure on me. Then with my full confidence, I laid hand on the force, and screamed Jesus, Jesus, but all my screams were to no avail (I believe, it’s probably because I was not invoking the name from my spirit, but rather from my mind).

While I was still screaming Jesus, to my dismay, I just found myself floating in the air in the spirit realm. Then all of a sudden, I had a leading in my heart to speak in tongues. As I decided to do that, I found out that there was a binding force to my throat as well, trying to inhibit the utterances from flowing from my spirit to my mouth.

But as soon as I forced myself through to speak out the tongues, with only two or three utterances, I discovered the force lost its grip, then I just quickly screamed “Holy Ghost!” and immediately, I awoke from my sleep.

After that particular episode, I quickly sensed I was under a special satanic attack. And there certainly must be a root cause of it- I thought to myself. And to be very honest, I was even becoming apprehensive.

So I decided I was going to ask God to show me the root cause of the attack- so I could deal with it from the root. Instead of counter-attacking from the defensive side. I prayed earnestly for revelation that night before sleeping…

Then in the morning, as I awoke from my sleep, the Holy Spirit started pouring the revelation of the spiritual door I opened for the attack to my head. He revealed to my thought, like a sermon, on the subject of “pride”. When I perceived that the Holy Spirit was revealing to me that the root cause of my attack was pride, I was confused, because to me then, as I checked through my conscience, and my lifestyle, I couldn’t find anything that related to pride.

But then, eventually, I got to praying and before I got through with my early morning prayers, the revelation was clarified to my mind by the Holy Spirit…

Prior to that time, I had always undermined many testimony I ever heard on people being demonically attacked. And even the preceding Sunday-prior to the series of attacks- I had undermined the testimony of a demonic machination, given in church service by my present church’s General Overseer.

Oblivious to me, the devil and his cohorts, recognized it as a spiritual pride, and probably used it to accuse me before God, and eventually found a loop hole to get close attacks at me.

Then immediately I realized that, I quickly repented of my sin (spiritual pride) and asked God for mercy, then subsequently, the attacks were mitigated-but it certainly didn’t end there…

But a single article such as this, will not be enough to exhaust the story and all the weapons of effective spiritual warfare that I eventually discovered in the process of these series of spiritual battles. I’ll conclude the story and expose these weapons in my subsequent posts. But in the interim, just know that at the root of over 90% spiritual attacks is sin.

And you can begin 90% of the winning process, by asking the Holy Spirit to search your heart and reveal any form of sin in you. And as he does that, consciously repent of it, and every other known or besetting sin and ask God for forgiveness…

I see God taking over all your spiritual battles from this moment, as you surrender your life to him in total purity, in the mighty name of Jesus Christ!

Remain Blessed!

Emeke Odili