+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Topic: MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

Re: MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

No matter how much u collect if Gods blessing is upon it u will make it. know that u have 2 cut your coat according 2 your size. please be moderate and if at all u have an understanding partner she will be of help. wisdom is better than money.
    dejiavu

RE: MORE THAN ENOUGH

@smilekadi,
    its really nice to have you back after being AWOL.Its nice having mature minds in the house again,pls don't go too far next time,always hang around the corner.

@Dagunro,
    pls tell me with all honesty,by the end of the month when you count your expenses does it amount to your income?Yes,thats what i mean,most of the time,we spend more than we earn(I belive that is divine provision anyway).
    The most important thing is for it to be stable,after which God multiplies.
    Rem. He who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtained FAVOUR from God......
    He just has to keep asking God for favour.
    I hope i have expantiated abit?
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. <br />Your character is what u really are, while ur reputation is merely what others think.

Re: MY SALARY WAS JUST INCREASED TO 35K, IS DAT ENOUGH 2 START THINKING OF MARRIAGE?

My brother, just try and take a step, with God by ur side u can do it. don't wait until when u start earning millions cos d wife u are about marry might open doors for u. at ur early 30's u re due......... Good luck!

@florafab.....i strongly disagree with u. if ur expenses are more than your income, then it means u have another source of income. its just simple arithmetic or u are living above your means so u are buying stuff on credit (which is not exactly a good habit). if u earn 20k and u spend 30k, wat does that mean?

@florafab!
    Honestly speaking I live STRICTLY within my means.

Quote Originally Posted by florafab
    ...He who finds a wife has found a good thing and obtained FAVOUR from God......
    ...Agreed! But, we are made to know in that same Book that "A man who can not take care of his family is worse than an INFIDEL"

Anyone who lives based on your explanation of "having more expenses than income" will really have to sit up. In all ramifications, it's not a good way of living.
    I still maintain that with 35K, you can't run a family comfortably except:
    1. You live in a 1 or 2 room (face me I slap u) apartment in a remote village.
    2. You are ready to feed your children with pap from birth.
    3. You are not prepared to invest in the future of your children by sending them to good schools.
    4. And many more...

Our destiny lies in our hands. The resultant effect is our responsibility.
    Remember, God will not do for man what man can do for himself.
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

Quote Originally Posted by xerick

a man can earn 200k and still go a borrowing while a man that earns 10k is very much comfortable why.

is the grace.
    That a man earns 200k and still go borrowing doesn't imply that he doesn't have "The Grace".
    What if he has a project at hand; like building a house or raising capital to start his own business?

RE:

@Dagunro,
    when did you become a cynic?I never knew you as one.
    What i meant by expenses being more than income,was just an unexplainable divine supply/increase from God and not living on credit or above ones means.
    I'm a living witnes of that;when i was doing my IT and earning 5K, people thought i was earning like 30K,even now that I'm out of a job,several people don't know.
    Everything NA GOD.
    I rest my case.(the above is based solely on the posters opinion)
    Be more concerned with your character than your reputation. <br />Your character is what u really are, while ur reputation is merely what others think.

@florafab. . . . . . .maybe i dont get the meaning of income . is it ur salary that was 5k or everything u get in a month?. i might have been earning 25k as a corper, my parents give me 10k, an uncle or aunt gives me the occasional change here and there and probably in a month i get as much as 50k. if i spend 40k, im i living above my means? (considering i EARN 25k?). i think the answer is no!. because 40k is still less than 50k. like i said,this is simple arithmetic. if the only money u received a month (from all angles - allowee,parents,siblings etc) was 5k and u could feed, get your hair (and nails) done, buy clothes, buy shoes, pay tfare, buy units for your phone etc, then im really scared of u. God is graceful but HE is not a magician!!.

@Dagunro,
    ...when did you become a cynic?I never knew you as one.
    I am not a CYNIC though; rather I beleive in REALISM!

I'm a living witnes of that;when i was doing my IT and earning 5K, people thought i was earning like 30K
    No doubt, many of us had that kind of privilege and that was because we were still seen as students. One would rarely get that kind of "handout" as a family man or woman.

DONT DARE

DAGUNRO

Yet you say you're not being cynical!
    Are you having your .....
    Ara nkan e gan,osu o de ti loyun bayi o.(Just kidding).

@Poster,
    pls if your FAITH can not carry you through,pls don't you dare try it,'cause it would really be disastrous for a young family.

Thinking about marriage is not the same as getting married.You can think about marriage with an income of 35k,It doesn't mean one is finacially stable to be among the married.Here lies the power of a mind.If you believe that with 35k you can marry then i believe you can.

One Luv
    Jibowu
    I can do all things through christ who strengthens me

Junior Member unlimitedaquarius's Avatar

@Remola04......can't you just be serious and advise the poster positively on the issue posted and stop advertisizing what u don't know on this precious job seeker's site.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123