+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Topic: I LOOSE A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SHCLUMBERGER, COS I CANT FACE CROWD, PLS HELP.

Re: I LOOSE A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SHCLUMBERGER, COS I CANT FACE CROWD, PLS HELP.

i de shame 4 u

Treaveth,

Everyone has said it ALL BUT
    In addition to what has been said,

Your "packaging" matters a lot.
    Your "branding" must be solid if really you want to compete well out there.
    Go for best of the best of things in your capacity whenever you go for interviews.
    Dresses, looks (look very clean, shave the shavables) etc are very important.

My best days are Interview days, those are the days i feel more relaxed.

On those days, confidence keeps mounting and mounting (esp if i m on my well-tailored suit) but i don't allow it to Overwhelm me.

I wish you Success in future Interviews

u ve to first build dat self confidence and participate in group doiscussions. read books like "how to sell urself" by Arch Lustberg and a host of others but u need 2 help urself first by practicing regularly cos books cant help much if u dont work on ur confidence.

if u re an introvert,try hanging out with friends, that will offer an opportunity to participate in arguments, discussions, try being funny.

Above all, make sure look GOOD,u dont need to be afraid of anybody not even the interviewer cos d worst is he wont give u d job but u still ve ur certificate and knowledge wih u, so if he cant offer the job, another employer will.also know that nobody will slap u during interview rather they will ask u to leave(dat is even done politely) so feel free and face them as u would ur parents.i wish u luck

What else can be said aside all that has been said already ,but i still want to chip in how i solved my own problem of shyness.i resolved in my heart that whatsoever interveiw i will be going for henceforth was going to be as interactive as posible .
    Interactive in the sense that i will not c it as a slaughter ground where every one is out for my life but that i am going to interact with some people that needs rubbing minds with.i started that, and what was the result?i find interveiws very interesting and i use to leave the interveiw venue with the feeling that i have not let myself down. some interveiwers might want to prove difficult but if you are abrest of the issue at hand,then their is no way you can be intimidated.
    Another suggestion you can adorpt is tailoring the interveiw towards your area of strength i.e you start by emphasising on your area of interest that you know you are very versatile with,by so doing you overcome the initial fear and jittery that comes with interveiws.
    The approaches are really endless but it is incubent on you to choose those you think are practicable to you .Wishing you BOLDNESS in you subsequent endeavours.

Do alot of front of the mirror Rehearsal i.e
    Stand in front of a mirror preferable standing Mirror, give a speech or get someone to ask you likely questions answer them and imgine the mirror is your audience.
    And always remember if it comes to real life situation always look above your audiences heads and not looking straight into their faces.
    And Pray and Confess confindence into yourself.

regards
    JFK

u should b whipped then u will gain back ur confidence.
    best of luck
    fuschnikens

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12