+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I LOOSE A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SHCLUMBERGER, COS I CANT FACE CROWD, PLS HELP.

I LOOSE A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SHCLUMBERGER, COS I CANT FACE CROWD, PLS HELP.

I WANT TO APPRECIATE THE EFFORT AND LOVE OF EVERYONE IN THE HOUSE FOR THEIR GREAT JOBS AND CONTRIBUTION. YOU ARE HIGHLY APPRECIATED.
    I NEED AN ADVICE FROM THE HOUSE. I LOSE A JOB IN SHCLUMBERGER AT THE POINT OF INTERVEIW BECAUSE I CANNOT FACE CROWD. ANYTIME, AM IN THE MIDST OF PEOPLE, I WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SPEAK FLUENTLY AND I WILL LOST MY CONFIDENCE. SOMETIMES, MY VOICE WILL BE SHAKING .THESE HAVE MADE ME TO LOSE ALSO A JOB IN RODOT NIGERIA LIMITED.
    I CANNOT FACE MULTITUDE AND TALK. WHAT ADVICE CAN YOU GIVE PLEASE?
    VERY URGENT.

dvt

Re: I LOOSE A JOB OPPORTUNITY IN SHCLUMBERGER, COS I CANT FACE CROWD, PLS HELP.

Treaveth,

I think what you lack is understanding who you really are and the understanding of your enormous potential that God has bestowed upon you. The people you're standing before are also men like you, which should not in any way scare you. Start by not being shy when you are with your colleagues, contribute to discussions, share your opinions and above all never under-estimate yourself.
    I recommend that you read books on Public Speaking and Understanding your purpose. You can get authors like; Myles Munroe, John Mason, est.

Stand up & Be yourself, your generation awaits you.

Cheers.
    Do the good you Can while you Can...
    Naijahotjobs.com

lack of self confidence is what i call it. You have to start by practising, stand in front of your mirror and practice, call ur friends and practice in front of them including your family members. The truth is that interviews are not easy feats, everyone will understand that you can be nervous (i mean it happens to everyone) but not answering the simplest questions intelligently is not forgivable no matter what.

Talk to yourself, believe in yourself, work on your personal carriage, the way and manner in which you speak, work on your tenses, take english classes if you have to and above all trust in God. but believe me, if u don't do your own part, no quantity or amount of trust will work. Self Confidence is really what you need right now.

i wish you all the best and God's grace.
    Looking  arond for jobs...

THIS IS VERY INTERESTING. C, I HAD THIS PROBLEM IN SCHOOL. BOOKS ARE OK, BUT THEY WONT DO THE JOB . THE WAY I SOLVED MY PROBLEM? POLITICS! I REALISED THAT THOUGH I WAS SHY, I WAS ALSO LIKED ESPECIALLY IN CHURCH, SO I STARTED FROM THERE AND BECAME THE DIRECTOR OF SOCIALS IN OUR YOUTH ORGANISATION. MY NEW POSITION REQUIRED ME TO BE MORE SOCIAL AND SOON I WAS EVEN MORE POPULAR THAN I EVER IMAGINED. THEN I STARTED TAKING THE JOB OF MC IN CHURCH OCCASIONS, THEN WEDDINGS, THEN OTHER SOCIAL EVENTS. I SOON REALISED THAT NO MATTER WHAT I HAD TO SAY, IT WAS PROBABLY BETTER THAN WHAT OTHERS HAD TO SAY, OR AT LEAST AS GOOD. SOON I WAS BUBBLING WITH CONFIDENCE, AND NOW, THERE IS NO CROWD, OR INTERVIEW THAT I CANT FACE. ALL U HAVE TO DO IS LOOK INSIDE AND REALISE THAT U ARE AT LEAST JUST AS GOOD AS UR PEERS AND AS ANYONE ELSE REGARDLESS OF THEIR STATUS. ALSO TRY TO ALWAYS LOOK UR BEST IN TERMS OF DRESSING, THE WAY U WALK, ETC. DONT BE AFRAID TO ARGUE WITH ANYBODY. WHATS THE WORST THAT COULD HAPPEN ?

WHEN U WAKE UP EVERY MORNING, TELL URSELF THAT U ARE NOT GOING TO BE UNNECESSARILY SHY TODAY. IF POSSIBLE WRITE IT DOWN ON A PARCHMENT OF PAPER AND TAKE IT WITH YOU. WHENEVER U FEEL SHY, READ IT TO UR SELF AND SHOW ENOUGH RESOLVE TO BE MORE CONFIDENT. THE RESOLVE MUST COME FROM U. IF U DONT TELL URSELF THAT U WANT TO BE MORE CONFIDENT, NO BODY CAN DO IT FOR U .

I HOPE THESE TIPS CAN HELP. GOOD LUCK .

SORRY ABOUT THE LAST POST. COLOUR PROBS.
    WHERE U ARE NOW IS A COMBINATION OF WHERE U HAVE BEEN AND WHAT U HAVE DONE TO GET URSELF TO WHERE U WANT TO BE SO BEWARE OF WHERE U ARE AND WHAT U DO THERE SO THAT U CAN ACTUALLY GET TO WHERE U INTEND TO BE.

Sorry, but you have to make up your mind, be bold and take courage bcos this is the only way to screen the multitude that passed the appitude test.
    Also, pls, i want you to tell how to go about submission of my CV to sublumberger

i think it always good to take a deep breath anytime u are faced with such situations.Books don't always help,so i suggest you participate more in discussions,take more active role in crowd events and soon ,i am sure you will be bubbling with confidence.I am sure another great opportunity is coming your way and you will be ready to take it by the scruff of the neck.Wish you all the best.

PLSE TO IMPROVE ON YOUR ABILIY TO SPEAK BEFORE A LARGE AND INTELLIGENT AUDIENCE AND ALSO TO GAIN LIFE EVERLASTING ,TRY AND STUDY WITH JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES AND BE ONE OF THEM.I ASSURE U IT WILLWORK WELL FOR U.

Hey Treaveth,

I have had similar problems and I understand that sometimes they are not so easy to deal with.

One thing I realized is that fear is associated with what you are unfamiliar with. So take the advice of bosden and get involved in more social activities NOW! You don't have to try being an MC now, but seize every opportunity to talk in a public place. For the best results, find a group that is involved in what you are passionate about: Football, politics, religion etc and get involved.

Also, in the short term, make sure you practice your interview with one or two friends before going in for the real thing. I have tried this and it helps a lot. Write down likely questions and give them to your friends to ask you. Practice makes perfect.

Finally, please remember that most people are afraid of interviews, you do not have a peculiar problem, NO! The difference is that others have handled their fears better than you. Even if you do not succeed next time, do not be too hard on yourself.

I wish you good success.

Ade

I think you really need to work on your grammar and then you will probably need to work on your diction.
    To survive in an interview, I believe you need to remove the element of desperation and look at every opportunity on its own merits, having a feeling of its this job or no other makes you self conscious and it leads to fear and you really will get jittery.
    Have faith and believe God will make all things beautiful in His time irrespective of the way things might seem now and please make it a duty to forget the errors of time past as it is now in your circle of CONCERN and not your circle of INFLUENCE.
    Take care and God will bless and uphold the works of your hands.

Hello Treaveth i must tell u this am also once a victim of such. shy to express my feelings ,to talk in public but in my closet i find myself doing great even more than those u think can.then i said to myself one day that this gobbledygook must stop.i started writing presentation reading them and news papers imaging i was talking to audience, then in any meeting each topic i will like to make a contribution just to tell myself i can do it.from there i started building up confidence believing that no other person can do it better than i.and now when called for any interview i use to have that buoyancy now.
    So believe me u can do it just build up that audacity and the sky will just be ur starting point.
    Cheers.

did i tell u? try joining the choir or a singing group u can join. u can also start attendind parties RESPONSIBLY mind u !

and do this assingment. make it a point of duty to talk to someone new everyday, with a view to making new friends, even if it is by random midnight calls or in church, or in a bus, etc, just attempt to make a new friend. what is the worst that could happen? remember its not peculiar to u. u just havent heard the stories of others .

one again, good luck.
    WHERE U ARE NOW IS A COMBINATION OF WHERE U HAVE BEEN AND WHAT U HAVE DONE TO GET URSELF TO WHERE U WANT TO BE SO BEWARE OF WHERE U ARE AND WHAT U DO THERE SO THAT U CAN ACTUALLY GET TO WHERE U INTEND TO BE.

If not dat you asked for an advice i would have told you to go home to your mama,
    Howeva you should first of all know what you are good at(your talent i mean). you should know too well dat that life is full of challenges and you can only prove your existence by facing these challenges and being a winner in all, especially in the Nigerian labour market.
    Oilservicing or producing companies are full challenges and proving you are competent to do the job or task ahead of you.
    My Advice,
    1 Pray to God about it.
    2 develop your communication skills by attending seminars and workshops.
    3 read motivational books.
    4 Give up on yourself.

I dont expect u take the last option cos you are winner. tak kia.
    For more Advice and counselling call 08034462588.
    Dorcas

hi treaveth.i agree with aidexlaw, bosden and the administrator for they have indeed tried to talk about the rudiments of this problem. though books will help, practice will enormously help.i have personally come to realise that dressing well is a major factor to improving on your relationship with/in the public, then work non your communicatuion skill (any confidence that comes from a badly dressed person and poor english is really a pyrrhic confidence).take your time and figure out what it really is that intimidates you. go to places that intimidates as a classroom, say hello to people you find intimidating for in saying that hello you are breaking that fear and unleashing a free spirit of ease.ease with people, ease in places etc. guy,spend some money on quality stuff and get out there, say hi to that high class chick u get cared of and PRESTO you are on.

i am sure you are considering people priceless and invaluable advice because i am looking out for posting telling us all of your improvement 2 weeks from now!
    cheers my brother.
    if you must be a man, be a real man.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast