+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How much does it cost to run an ICAN programme

How much does it cost to run an ICAN programme

Pls house i'l like to know the monetary cost of running de ICAN programme. I'l like to take part in it instead of staying idle. Thanks

Re: How much does it cost to run an ICAN programme

It depends on a large extent the tuition centre u want to attend. If u want to attend PYE, WYSE and those known centres, u should hold like 30k. But where I attended i paid like 20k.

But know this: where u attend lectures matters but not so much. The main thing is your personal effort.
    Goodluck in your endeavours

Thanks but is de 30k or 20k just de tuition fee or tuition plus exam fee

Hi house, pls i want to know what qualification must one have to be qualify for ICAN programme.
    thanks

the rgistation fees is #7000 for professinal i.e pe2 if your school is amoung the acredited schools they would allow you to start from pe 2 but foundation is the alternative option for graduate.u will pay #18300 for exemption and then lesson..................

na wa 4 some ppl ...to even explain something well give person na war...even the little explanation is more misleading as it is not complete...then why the effort at first...if its worth doin then its worth doin well...

pls where does a non accounting graduate start...how many levels or number of papers will one sit for to complete the program...whats the duration of the program...whats the difference between ICAN AND ACCA ...wats the benefits of one over the other...pls whats the various nature and levels of payment one has to make...in a nutshell...how much shoul one budget for ICAN timewise and moneywise for a non accounting graduate and an accounting graduate...in terms of tutorial fees, books to be bought,fees to be paid etc...pls someone who cares should kindly help and give us a detailed breakdown of the whole thing....thanks in advance!

where do i start from for CIBN programme

i am a graduate of banking and finance from Rivers State Polytechnic. i want the house to tell me which of the programme to start from and what is the for the programme and when will it commence.bye house and i luv you all. you can also email me at [email protected]
    D battle is not 4 d strong or favor only 2 d wise or men of rich understand. But time n chance happeneth 2 dem all

ICAN cost is divided into two; Basic and exceptional cost. u will pay some basic cost like Regisration fee, Exception fee, Examination fee(this depend on ur level in the institute). For Pe 11 student that is just coming in, U may Budget for 90k including ur lecture fee, 75k for pe 1 and 50k for other graduate starting from fundation.
    This cost becoms exceptional wen you ar not writing d exam for the first time or wen U decided not to take lectures which may reduce ur cost. Lecture is important bt not the altimate.

well for ican exams the cost is not certain becos u dont know how long it will take u to get qualified u can seat for a level once or 2ce depending on ur performance. for non accounting graduates u start from foundatin for grauates from accredited schools pe 2 and if u school is not accredited with ican pe 1 . when i started, i from started pe2 registration was 3000 development fees 2000 and i then paid exemption of fees of 11,000 . then lesson fees depends on the ur lesson center ,before u now talk about the exams fees the first i paid was abt 21,000 and i had to pay 2000 yearly subcription fees. and i failed all the papers i had to rewrite all and i paid abt 25,000 but they had some increment although i rewrote after a year the fact is u cant really estimate the cost till u finish u can only be sure of the registration fees

Can you just go to Google and type ICAN in full and go to their web you will get all the info clear.
    Best of luck

For a non accountin graduate will start from foundation, an accounting graduate from an accredited institution starts from P.E II while an accounting graduate from a school that is not accredited starts from P.E I. The Exemption in Foundation could be a paper or two depending on your qualification, then you'll proceed to intermidiate which you'll still have some exemptions, P.E.I and P.E II respectively.

For a start you'll register as a student member of ICAN by buying your registration PIN (N7,300)from any of the designated bank, fill the form online and submit your duly completed form to the ICAN office at Illupeju. When your registration number is ready, you then go ahead to apply for exemption. Hope this little information will help you to make your decision. please visit www.ican-ngr.org for more information.

I am an Accounting Graduate presently doing my ican and cibn. the ican programme will cost u about 60k if u r a registered student already. - cost of exams for pe2 about 26k with fees and 30k for lectures, it is absolutely advisable u attend lectures to catch up with studies. the cibn exams will cost u about 40k depending on the no of subjects u r writing and about 10k for the lectures. all the best.

THE INSTITUTE OF CHARTERED ACCOUNTANTS OF NIGERIA

BREAKDOWN OF NEW EXEMPTION FEES

S/N

EXEMPTION
    AMOUNT
    1. a. SUBJECT BY SUBJECT AT ALL LEVELS
    b. ALL SUBJECTS IN FOUNDATION
    2. a. ALL SUBJECTS IN P.E. I
    b. ALL SUBJECTS IN FOUNDATION & INTERMEDIATE

3. a. ALL SUBJECTS IN FOUNDATION & GENERAL PRINCIPLES OF LAW IN INTERMEDIATE (ATS II OLD SYLLABUS HOLDERS)

b. QA, ECONS & MANAGEMENT
    c. QA, ECONS, MANAGEMENT & GEN. PRINCIPLE OF LAW
    (B.SC/HND BUS ADM, MGT, INSURANCE, MARKETING)

4. B.SC/HND (ACCOUNTING) OBTAINED FROM ACCREDITED INSTITUTIONS
    • ALL FOUNDATION
    • ALL INTERMEDIATE
    • ALL PROFESSIONAL I
    5. a. ALL SUBJECTS IN FOUNDATION, GEN. PRINCIPLE OF LAW & MANAGEMENT (B.SC/HND, BANKING & FINANCE AND HOLDERS OF MBA)

b. ALL SUBJECT IN INTERMEDIATE
    6. a. ALL SUBJECTS IN FOUNDATION, INTERMEDIATE & BUS. LAW IN PEI (ATS III HOLDERS)
    7. a. ALL SUBJECTS IN FOUNDATION, ALL SUBJECTS IN INTERMEDIATE EXCEPT AUDITING, & ALL SUBJECTS IN PEI EXCEPT FAI (ACIB HOLDERS)

EXEMPTION GUIDELINES

Academic Qualifications Exemption From

A.
    B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained from Accredited institutions in Nigeria.
    All Subjects in Foundation level, Intermediate and P.E. I

B.
    B.Sc./HND (Accounting) obtained from recognized institutions in Nigeria but not yet accredited by the Institute
    All subjects in Foundation and Intermediate

C.
    B.Sc./B.A./HND (Accounting) obtained from
    foreign recognised institutions
    All Subjects in Foundation and Intermediate subject to acceptable transcript

D.
    M.Sc./Ph.d (Accounting) obtained from recognized institutions in addition to B.Sc./HND in any other related discipline
    All Subjects in Foundation and Intermediate

E.
    Ph.d (Accountancy)
    All subjects in Foundation, Intermediate, P. E. I and Business Comm. & Research Methodology in P. E. II

F.
    B.Sc. Economics
    Quantitative Analysis and Economics in Foundation and Management in Intermediate

B.Sc. Actuarial Science

Quantitative Analysis and Economics in Foundation, Management and General Principles of Law in Intermediate

B.Sc. Management
    Quantitative Analysis and Economics in Foundation, Management and General Principles of Law in Intermediate

B.Sc./HND Insurance

B.Sc. Management Studies

M.Sc Accounting & Finance/B.Sc/HND/B.A Business Administration

B.Sc./HND Marketing

B.Sc./HND Banking & Finance/Cooperative and Rural Development
    All Subjects in Foundation and General Principles of Law and Management in Intermediate

MBA in addition to B.Sc./HND in Non-Accounting discipline/B.Sc. Commerce/B.A Accounting & Econs
    All Subjects in Foundation and General Principles of Law and Management in Intermediate

B.Sc. (Ed.) Accounting or B.Ed.
    Business Education (Accounting Option)

B.A Education Management

FFA, Q/A & Econs

G.
    ATS II (Old Syllabus)
    All Subjects in Foundation and General Principles of Law in Intermediate

H.
    ATS III (New Syllabus)
    All Subjects in Foundation & Intermediate
    and Business Law in P. E. I

20.2 SUBJECT BY SUBJECT EXEMPTION
    FOUNDATION EXEMPTION FROM FOUNDATION LEVEL ONLY
    B.Tech. Project Management
    Economics, Q/A, Management
    B.Sc Engineering Management
    Q/A and Management

B.Sc/HND Statistics/Econs.
    Economics and Quantitative Analysis in Foundation and Management Accounting in Intermediate.

B.A Library Science/Economics
    Economics

HND Agric/Econs
    Economics, Q/A, Management

LL.B
    Principles of General Law & Business Law

B.Sc/HND Estate Mgt
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Biology
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Chemistry
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND BioChemistry
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc Archaeology/Geology

Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Statistics
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Engineering
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Chemistry Engineering
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Town & Regional Planning
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND (Ed) Chemistry
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Tech. Computer
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Maths
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Industrial Maths
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Industrial Chemistry
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Agric.
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Building Technology
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Petroleum Engr
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Elect. (Elect.)
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND (Ed.) Chem.
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Applied Maths
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Applied Chem.
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc/HND Applied Physics
    Quantitative Analysis

Public Admin – Subject to transcript
    Quantitative Analysis

B.Sc Bus. Edu – Subject to transcript
    Quantitative Analysis

20.3 Professional Qualifications

Qualifications ICAN Exemptions

A.
    ACIB (Nigeria)
    All Subjects in Foundation, Intermediate except Principles and Practice of Auditing and Financial Accounting I in P. E. I
    B. ACIB (London) All Subjects in Foundation, Intermediate except Principles & Practice of Auditing and Financial Accounting I in P.E. I
    C. L.L.B &/ ACIS All Subjects in Foundation and Intermediate
    Except Principles & Practice of Auditing
    D.
    ACS
    All Subjects in Foundation, Management and General Principles of Law in Intermediate
    E. ACII Quantitative Analysis and Economics in Foundation and General Principles of Law in Intermediate
    F. ACTI All Subjects in Foundation, Taxation in P.E. I.

H.

AIA (Final) 1994 to date

AAT (U.K)
    All Subjects in Foundation, Intermediate,
    P. E. I and P. E. II

All subjects in Foundation and Intermediate
    I. AIA Pre-1994
    All subjects in Foundation, Intermediate except Principle and Practice of Auditing and Financial Accounting I in P. E. I
    J. *ACA (Ghana) All Subjects in Foundation, Intermediate,
    P. E. I and P. E. II
    K. ANAN All Subjects in Foundation and Intermediate

L.
    Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Training School Starting from 1987)
    All Subjects in Foundation & Intermediate
    M. ICAEW
    ACCA
    CPA
    CIMA
    CIPFA
    ICAS
    ICAI All Subjects in Foundation, Intermediate, P.E. I, P. E. II & P. E. III – subject to undergoing Intensive Course for special candidates

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast