+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: HOW CAN SOMEONE GET HIS MONEY BACK FROM BANKS ON ATM FRAUD.

HOW CAN SOMEONE GET HIS MONEY BACK FROM BANKS ON ATM FRAUD.

Please beware of Nigerian banks, especially OCEANIC BANK, they're all criminals. Also be careful the way you use ATM, its jst rubbish... dont fall a victim!
    A friend of mine lost the sum of #60,000 on ATM fraud in OCEANIC BANK. Please how can he get his money back?
    I

Re: HOW CAN SOMEONE GET HIS MONEY BACK FROM BANKS ON ATM FRAUD.

Sorry to hear that! Nevertheless, follow the steps below to recover your money.
    First, report to the bank's management. Secondly, report to NDIC. Thirdly, report to CBN. Fourthly, report to the Police. And lastly, report to the EFCC. Cheers!
    F

What you should do is to report the matter to the customer care department of the bank whose ATM card you are using. Normally it's not much hazzle, your money will be refunded in at most 72hours. If you do not get an automated refund, complain to them and they will refund it manually.

Shit does happen some times you know.........

Dear all,

i think the best bet here is to 1st get the attention of the customer service or better still the customer service manager( csm).

Truthfully speaking, this is not an oceanic problem so pls lets dont abuse or call any bank a criminal cos evil things happens everywhere..ATM fraud i think cannot be easily resolved by any bank BECAUSE there will certainly be a TRANSACTION once there is withdrawal whether by the owner or the thief.

the truth is that ATM CAN NEVER work in nigeria cos we have too many intelligent computer gurus..the best advice here is to stop using ATM.

I went to GT, 1st bank and DISABLED all my ATM cards cos i make lots of savings with those banks, i only operate with UBA ATM and always make sure that the account never rise above 50k just in case..they have more branches in Nig so i decide to keep faith with them..

i advise ALL in the house who have more than 50k in their account to DISABLE their ATM to be on the safe side or follow my system

@mikki much 10x 2 u 4 d advice. mentioning d bank's name was made out of due annoyance, Oceanic is not the worst i strongly believe its a general problem in all Nigerian banks. But the problem still remains unresolved. What steps should he take to get his money back? I need answers please.
    I

I lost 114000 in feb.I reported,wrote a leta 4 investigation ad nothing happened.The bank wil reply ur letter telling u where ad how d withdrawals were made ad that d bank is nt liable 4 any lose tru ATM.Even if u go to court like some people did u wil lose d case.The reason being dat b4 dey give u d ATM u fil ad signed a form ad one of terms there is dat the bank is nt liable 4 any lose.People sign the form without reading it ad wit it they defeat u in court. I saw some people dat lost above 1 million. It is very very common.People shud stop using ATM Cards cos it is no longer safe.More people are getting the cloning machine at al cost now to steal other peoples moni cos it is yeilding quick moni these days.CBN is nt doing anything abt it at all.Am trying to recover frm my own shock.Move on wit life,4get it if u can.

Dear AK 47,

to be honest with you, nothing can be done..of course nothing is supposed to be done.. there are many stakeholders in the bank and dont forget that customers deposits constitute one of banks LIABILITIES, therefore they tend to be very prudent in situations like this.

if there had been issues with the ATM card like may be he slotted in without withdrawal or double debits which are common, this in most cases can be rectified by the bank because the cash is still in the bank but for computers malfunctioning.

Neither police nor EFCC can do anything, we the customers must bear the consequences that goes along with using ATM in an unsecured economy..HAPPILY, non of my friends are ATM friendly, it even helps you spend less..i empathise with you but my neighbour lost close to 600k and nothing was done because the ATM will definitely indicate that there was a transaction, therefore, a credit and a corresponding debit entry will be passed immediately

SOLUTION-i still maintain he stopped using ATM for now..when it comes to cash my guy, i dont sign that kind of form CLEARLY stating they are not to be held liable for loss or misuse, even if they are correct for saying so,the same law will apply even when you are innocent as your friend was.

one love

@AK 47, WE MAKE MISTAKE IN DEFINING ATM FRAUD. THERE ARE TWO TYPE OF PROBLEMS COMMONLY ASSOCIATED WITH ATM. 1 IS ATM MACHINE NOT DISPENSING CASH, THIS ONE IS COMMON WITH EVERY BANK BUT MUCH MORE EASIER TO GET BACK REFUND AFTER COMPLAINING AT THE CUSTOMER CARE AND FILLING THE ATM COMPLAINT FORM THOUGH IT WILL TAKE A LITTLE WHILE FOR THEM TO MAKE EVERY NECESSARY FINDING B4 REFUNDS. WHILE THE OTHER ONE IS THE PROBLEM OF NOT GOING TO ANY ATM MACHINE BUT RECIEVES AN SMS OF TRANSACTIONS ON YOUR ACCOUNT (THANK GOD FOR SMS ALERT) THIS ONE IS VERY DIFFICULT FOR THE BANK TO REFUND BCOS YOU SIGNED AN AGREEMENT WITH THE BANK THAT EVEN IF IT COST YOU YOUR LIFE THE BANK IS STILL IN SAFE HAVEN. JUST A PIECE OF LINES SO THAT YOU WILL KNOW WHERE YOUR FRIEND BELONG. HAVE A BETTER EXPERIENCE WITH WEMA BANK .....TOGETHER TO GREATER HEIGHT...

This is bizzar, I cant believe my eyes, that a bank's ATM will debit my account without dispensing cash to me and the Bank will not refund my cash, Na Lie. NOT IN THIS LIFE. Banking activities will close that day honestly E no go easy oh! But this is unspeakable. The last time something like this happened to me it was about 8k and the bank refunded it in hours.

That Bank Must refund my cash Oh!

@brotherly, someone took his 60k from the ATM while he was still with his own card. Now the bank has refused to pay up since there was a withdrawal.
    @ all, please what should be the solution to this?
    I

Ak 47, I really do not understand your question. But let me try to reason out. Someone else made a withdrawal on his account without his knowledge, and he blames the bank. If this is the case, my brother, you cannot blame the bank. The best they can do is to trace where the money was withdrawn from and tell you the location. As a card holder you have to secure your card as well as the pin. The best place to keep your pin is IN YOUR HEAD. If I get to know your pin & also know the type of card you use, Guy, your money is history. I can do a card particulars transfer to a fresh card and withdraw ur cash. So man, In this case the bank is not to blame.

+ Reply