+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Topic: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

Re: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

Things happen,all we should do is pray n hope 4 better luck n God's GRACE. May God our father help us all.

behind every smoke..........theres always a fire!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL IM SAYING IS GBT,PLSSSSSSSS CHECK URSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!

Learn to accept your mistake and not to apportion blames. Why not look at it from this angle that the bank only need the best three and you happen to have scored lowest. You may have done real good but that is to your own judgement. Do you know the standard the bank used in its appointment?

Was it not the same people that called you for the interview?

Do you know that you might be doing yourself more bad than good with this your mindset?

Drop allegations and face how best you could make it. You should have asked how to help yourself better in future interviews rather than trying to tarnish the image of an already established bank like GTB.

What makes you a man is not how many time you fall but how many times you were able to rise.

Forge ahead and learn from your mistakes.

Bros i beg forget about it and move on. Maybe the job is not yours, you'll get a job that is rightfully yours . You are not alone, stay chilly 4 me ok.
    God dey.

MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS THIS IS NOT THE TIME TO LAY ACCUSING FINGERS ON ANY TRIBE OR START CHALLENGING ONE ANOTHER, WE ALL KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING IN NIGERIA TODAY, LET US LEARN TO LOVE ONE ANOTHER.THERE MUST BE A REASON WHY HE WAS NOT TAKEN IN GTB.GOD KNOWS WHY,MAYBE A BETTER JOB IS WAITING FOR HIM OR SOMETHING BAD WILL HAPPEN TO HIM IN GTB THAT GOD HAD TO REMOVE FOR HIM BY NOT GIVING HIM THE JOB IN GTB.
    WE JUST PRAY FOR HIM AND OTHERS THAT ARE LOOKING FOR JOB TO GET A JOB IN A VERY SHORT TIME.

WE ARE ALL NIGERIANS PLEASE LET US TRY AND HELP ONE ANOTHER,UNITED WE STAND DIVIDED WE FALL.

THANKS AND GOD BLESS ALL OF US......

ONE LOVE...

u shud stop cryin over spoilt beans and move on. u need to hear other peeps story,then u will thank God

lex4real,

of a truth I sympathize with ur loss of that interview, it is part of job seeking anyway, if everybody click the job on every interview we would not have so large a number of job seekers, but i am afraid your own case might be as a result of your mindset, it might even be the reason u lost it, that in this time and age and with ur qualification you can still think u were disqualified on tribal ground. bros u need to work on ur mindset, if the four of u were needed in the first place why did they call u for interview, is it not to get the best among you guys, if they want to be tribalistic, seeing your name alone should not have earn u invitation, instead of u to concentrate on what is it , u got wrong u are there feeding urself and feeble minded people like u with negative info. bro step up.

as i am writing this, I av lost more than 20 interviews in a bid to change my job, i av been interviewed by pple from diffrent races and tribes yet no tot of tribalism, u might av lost it , not that u are not good enough but the number is more than required and sombody has to go, somtin must av kip u below the others.just call the successful ones and congratulate them also call your interviewers to thank them for their time. and keep working and praying hard ur miracle is on the way.
    Using the scripture to paint the picture of my future... so colurful

Mr. Lex4real, I guess you should have told GTbank to allow you grade urself after the interview. To say the fact, u're just being insincere. I also attended GTbank interview last October and was told that my performance did not meet up with their requirement despite being a yoruba. my interviewer was a yoruba lady as well. I'll just advice you to look inward and prepare very well if any other interview opportunity comes your way. It is well

My friends,Lets call a spade a spade.Everybody knows that another name for GTB is TRIBALISTIC BANK,with YORUBA as surname.Fukin bank!!!.Bros,God will see u thro and everyone of us.

You may say all this but hope you are not sufering from inferiority complex,
    cos come to think of it, if truly you servein the NYSC you will see that the yorubas Really Sturdy and exel well in academics than any other tribe in this country that may be a rasom to have more of yorubas in any thing that education is involved They also answer technical Queation Better cos of the level mof understanding they have in Lag and Other Big city like Ibadan, Ogbomoso, Ife, Akure and others

Quote Originally Posted by tessywilfred
    My Bros one luv, I am not surprised cos an average yoruba will like to intimidate an non- yorubas through their language ,especailly when you are in their a midst, are u sure they didnt use their language at the interview.
    Go to Oil and Gas Industry, so so yorubas, Even when I was youth Corper they rejected Igbos and took their own people and dis-qualified us , saying that there was no space for our course, why we are engineers cos of tribe and language.
    Dont mind them, they are saboteurs, they dont have love among themselves except during competition .
    Dont worry, GTbank, tribalism or not this year is ur year, Amen.

One luv.
    Proud Igbo girl,

@tessywilfred!

You got it all wrong.

You just displayed your immaturity, sentimentality, tribalism, ignorance and weak level of reasoning after spending not less than 4 years in the university. I wonder if the university actually passed through you.

If you feel intimidated when you are around yorubas, too bad.

My point here is not to defend yorubas but for us to be objective.
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

DOE

I am not one to use the issue of tribalism as an alibi for my failures but I tell You,I experienced it for real last year4.Remember the OANDO Graduate Recruitment last year.Thousands of people applied,about two or three thousand got invitation 4 aptitude test and then maybe two hundred or so were invited 4 interview including my humble self.I travelled all the way from Bayelsa to Lagos and these OANDO people made us stay a whole week in Lagos spending the little money we had.Believe me,in the end,they only selected 19 people,18 Yorubas and one Northerner.You do not have to be a professor of statistics to know that it is tribalism.I have no problem with narrowminded people who want to work with only their tribesmen,but the question is;Why stress other people by inviting them 4 Aptitude test and interview just as window dressing.It is sheer wickedness.Shame on OANDO,GTB? and other organisations that indulge in such practices.That is why Nigeria is not moving forward.

It's not out of place to be paranoid when you're not successful in an interview. But I want to believe there where some yorubas that wrote the test but weren't invited for the interview. I'll suggest you cast your mind on the totality of your interview and learn all you need to, rather than blaming the outcome on tribalism.
    I wish you the best in your job search.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast