+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Topic: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

jeb

Re: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

I quite disagree with you. I am neither Igbo nor yoruba but the Igbos are the ones dominating the banking industry in the middle class level, ask your brother Soludo, he'll tell. In the South-South where i'm from, all the banking chairs are occupied by Igbos.

I think the reason you where not selected is because of your mind set. so.... work on it now!
    I

Well, what that you are trying to pass across cannot be the truth of the matter. You might think that you performed excellently, but to the interviewers, you might be the dullards among those that were there with you. Keep on trying and forget about tribalism or whatever, it has happened to me in UNILEVER in 2004, despite all my efforts during the last stage of the interview, an Igbo woman was to attend to me, but she denied me totally, like wise, in UBA, another Igbo woman did same to me, but i never thought that it was solely based on tribalism. Bros, if you have not fallen once, you can not rise.
    Continue the race until you get to the promised land.

there are different reason for which you could be turned down. i wouldnt say it is a lie or not, that it was tribalistic. but take it off your mind God will provide another job. i know of a friend who GTB turned down after second stage of Interview asking who she knew in GTB and when she said nobody she was sent thesame mail like yours. Well GTB is a bank i like very much and I have an account with them. they are very efficient with the internent. just pray hard

no doubt, u a really bitter with what happened,every intelligent person would feel same because to your families, friends who kenw u went for the interview would have one thing in their minds-that u did not do ur best.but i tell u, that for u to ve gone that far shows that there is no interview that u can not pass.in every stage of interview,we learn new tactics that we would apply in case anoda job comes,be more aggressive now in ur job search and be4 u knw it anoda opportunity will land ur way.am telling u b4 d quarter of this month.

sorry dear, na so this life be.

lex4 real, judging by dis post of yours , i think u are not fit to work in GTB, u are a guy who blame others 4 ur woes, GTbank is a non-tribalistic bank,it is u dat is tribalistic
    i was also turned down by GTbank, in d interview we had, out of 4 guys,only 3 igbo guys were picked and d banker who interviewed me was a yoruba man! it was based on performance and not tribe, u lack d skills they wanted, why not ask yourself your mistakes and forge ahead
    i am now a first banker since then
    obama said yes we can

maybe lex4real should go and become ojukwu, u are a dull guy at d interview, i did an interview one time with first inland an igbo bank,they tur
    obama said yes we can

hi, dont let d experience of your interview determine ur outlook of a particular tribe, remember no matter how u feel, GTBank still have an edge over you in that u were not hired. Instead, pray that better doors and opportunities will open for you and at the end u will not remember this incidence.
    One thing i know is dis, i u keep on displaying this defensive attitude and victim mentality any where, u will not make progress. so be positive and always look ahead to a brighter future.
    GTBank is still a respected brand and will always be as far as Nigerian banking and financial standards are concerned.

@lex4real!
    It's obvious that you are good at throwing pity parties!

If you had being picked ahead of the other 3 yoruba guys, would you have felt this way?

If GTB really wanted to be TRIBALISTIC, they wouldn't have invited you for the interview in the first place.

The simple fact you have failed to realize is that you goofed badly at the interview that's why you were not hired.

It is your likes that will never make Nigeria a really unified nation. The earlier you begin to face the realities of life rather than wallowing in self pity, the better.

What you don't know is, you'll not get far with this your kind of mentality.

My advice, learn to be a good loser and imbibe the spirit of sportsmanship!

No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

They think they re doin u a favour,but tomorow, theyl be askng for favours 4rm u.Neva give up.

Quote Originally Posted by NUREX
    Brother what u are saying is true,bcos here in the north 95% of their staff and managers are yorubas.

@Nurex!
    I guess you personally know each staff of all the GTBanks in the north. That people speak yoruba language doesn't make them yorubas.

Be objective!
    No One Will Know You Are Honest Unless You Give Out Samples!

brother no worry urself coz God in due time will give u a better job.

How come the ones defend GTB are GTB staff? abeg make somebody answer

pls any one that has hints whenever GTB is advertising internally or exteranlly, should let me know. It's been my dream work place for a long time. I no send tribe or not, me i'm Ibo but i know i will make it cos i believe.

one love, one Nigeria
    Have opinions, express them and be willing to change.

+ Reply
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast