+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

Re: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

Brother what u are saying is true,bcos here in the north 95% of their staff and managers are yorubas.
    nurexmo

My point in this issue is that a bank should employee the services of those it believes would lift its banner higher without any atom of sentiment.

K.B. Olaniyi
    Abuja.

YOU SAID THAT 95 PERCENTS OF GTBANK WORK FORCE ARE YORUBAS. THAT IS PURE TRUTH AND AN AVERAGE YORUBA MAN IS TRIBALISTIC. BELEIVE IN GOD AND PRAY

BROTHER IN GOD AND BELIEVE IN YOUR SELF

I quite disagree with u, though GTB was established by 2 Yorubas but when it comes to recruitment, I dont think employ based on tribe.When I did my interview,we were 36 in number & the 6 people that were dropped are yorubas. Also presently in my team,2 out 4 of the team member are igbo.That u are not called for medical, it means u cant fit into thier culture. By the way. I dont believe that ur interviewed lasted upto 10 mins. Bro, it is ur character they look out for not ur tribe. Even my team in training School was made of different tribes & we had 8 out of 30 that are yorubas. But if you are talking of gtb what about fidelity, zenith, Bank of d north of blessed memory, lion bank of then, so different banks has their culture. I sympathise with but onething I discovered in life is that we always try to tied our failure to one blame or the other.What u need to do, try & think of what might went wrong, it may be d way u dressed, interaction, ur response & even d way u talked. Please, look at urself and improve.

I quite disagree with u, though GTB was established by 2 Yorubas but when it comes to recruitment, I dont think employ based on tribe.When I did my interview,we were 36 in number & the 6 people that were dropped are yorubas. Also presently in my team,2 out 4 of the team member are igbo.That u are not called for medical, it means u cant fit into thier culture. By the way. I dont believe that ur interviewed lasted upto 10 mins. Bro, it is ur character they look out for not ur tribe. Even my team in training School was made of different tribes & we had 8 out of 30 that are yorubas. But if you are talking of gtb what about fidelity, zenith, Bank of d north of blessed memory, lion bank of then, so different banks has their culture. I sympathise with but onething I discovered in life is that we always try to tied our failure to one blame or the other.What u need to do, try & think of what might went wrong, it may be d way u dressed, interaction, ur response & even d way u talked. Please, look at urself and improve.

Junior Member talktorabiulawal@yahoo.co's Avatar

My Guy, i totally agree with u that 95% of GT Bank staff are Yorubas. But don't give up ur time will soon come, bcos when GOD say "YES" nobody can say "NO". Remain blessed.
    Anka Lawal

Quote Originally Posted by chiwawa
    YOU SAID THAT 95 PERCENTS OF GTBANK WORK FORCE ARE YORUBAS. THAT IS PURE TRUTH AND AN AVERAGE YORUBA MAN IS TRIBALISTIC. BELEIVE IN GOD AND PRAY
    This is what I simply term SCAPEGOAT THEORY,the society will always look for some1 or something 2 pass their misfortune on, the man who interviewed you may actually be biased which a Igbo man or an Hausa man can also do but that does not apply to GTB in general,its really painful to have gone that far and @ the end of the day nothing to show forth,its like some1's hope being dashed,but I have a mgs of hope 4 U,ur time will surely come though it tarries it will surely come for hope maketh not ashamed,do away with prejudice forgive the man and move on with your life.We shall meet @ the top.

be positive...negativity like this may not land you a job...u r just so bitter
    this are some o' things u can't hide from recruiters... BE POSITIVE!!!
    goodluck!
    Life is in Phases...Men are in sizes

I had a vision dat GTBank would be d bank i would work wit. And my mission was 2 achieve dat goal. I had always hoped 2 work wit a reputable & dynamic bank like GTBank were i would add value & ensure dat GTB is taken 2 d next level. Assuming i was interviewed by sme1 else, i believe dat i would have passed. My comportment,composure, patience, response 2 questions & my dressing was more like an executive director, would have earned me more marks. Could u believe dat d other candidates came 2 tell me how generous d interviewers were in awarding them marks. I mean they were telling me their scores. It was as if everything was staged. The worst thing was that we were asked the same questions. The interviewers couldn't answer my intelligient questions. This is the major reason why we don't find more of other tribes there or does it mean dat yoruba's are more intelligient than us. My advise is dat they should hire brilliant candidates. This world is really a small place, nobody knows 2moro we could meet anywhere. One luv.

Guy i sympathise with u. I know aw it feels to get so close to something without getting in. Would we blame the Yorubas for being their brother's keepers when it comes to the corporate world e.g bank job. One thing i've come to realise is that an average Yoruba man would always protect the interest of his tribesman when it comes to issues like this and more...but we the igbos are always sacred of our brother moving ahead of us look at our politics...i still believe its not yet late for us (igbos) to start the same thing, starting from me and u and all nwanna reading this message
    be ur brothers keeper
    see u @ the top

I REALLY FEEL SAD THAT YOU GUYS ARE ALL TURNING THING WHOLE ISSUE OF TRIBALISM....IT ALL WASNT SUPPOSED TO GET TO THIS POINT.

I AM YORUBA AND WOULD NOT GIVE PRIORITY ON THE JOB TO SOMEONE WHO IS YORUBA JUST BECOS WE ARE OF THE SAME TRIBE....INTELLECT IS WHAT IS REQUIRED FOR IT.

LEX4REAL.....Learn to move with life....God has his reason's for not giving you the job....there are companies/banks that are even worse than you have painted GTB since you have refused to change your mindset about GTB.

Do kindly note here that your vision might be meant for another and even better company.

You guys should all go ahead with your tribalistic acts and lets see where it would lead us in this country. So because someone says he was not given a job based of claims of tribalism, you all want to kill the average yoruba man....who is all acting tribalistic now? This is a question i am putting right in your faces...Igbo boys. Was any of you there to actually witness what went wrong in the interview room? I still maintain that GTB is not one of such banks.

Lex....for real, I think you should just get ahead with your life.....for every door that closes, there is an open window.

Wishing you all the best in life....Igbo, Hausa or Yoruba. Nigerians we all are.

Stay Blessed.

bowale james

Brother, God will give You Your own Job, Yoruba or no Yoruba. Trust in God and at the appropriate time You will sing Halleluya. It is true that they treated you badly, but all Yorubas are not the same, there are still some good ones, like the saying goes in every 12 there must be a Judas.

God dey.
    OBIECHINA Izuu. Onyedikachi

+ Reply
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast