+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Topic: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

They say things heard or seen mostly unpleasant things must never remain concealed. I am a living witness & a victim of circumstances. This yr i was called 4 an interview wit GTB after my success in the recent test. I was invited 4 an interview by 4:30pm but was called by d branch mgr 2 come by 5:00pm. The mgr later came around 6:00pm. We were just 4 candidates dat came 4 d interview & i happened 2 be d only Igbo candidate amongst them. I was interviewed by 2 yoruba men (branch mgr & another man). The whole event lasted till 8:00pm. The following day the 3 yoruba candidates were called 4 medicals excluding me. I was sent an e-mail (we regret 2 inform..........). GTB is a bank dat contains about 99% yoruba's. You can see dat dis world is full of wicked people. Only God will save us.

Re: GTBank (AN ACT OF TRIBALISM)

BROS,WELL I QUITE SYMPATHISE WITH YOU OVER THE INCIDENT.BUT LET ME TELL YOU THIS,THAT YOU WERE NOT CALLED FOR THE MEDICAL COULDNT HAVE BEEN AS A RESULT OF BEING AN IGBO GUY.I HAVE MORE THAN ENOUGH GUY IN THAT PLACE THAT ARE IGBO GUYS.SOME OF THEIR GROUP HEADS ARE ALSO FROM THE SOUTH.
    ARE YOU ALSO AWARE THAT THE CURRENT CHAIRMAN(Owelle Gilbert P. Chikelu) CON. OF THE BANK IS AN IGBO GUY.ANOTHER TOP SHOT OF THE BANK IN PERSON OF Mrs. Cathy Echeozo(Nigerian): Executive Director IS ALSO FROM THE SOUTHEN PART OF THE COUNTRY.PLEASE GTBANK IS A BANK THAT OTHER BANKS LOOK UP TO AS A ROLE MODEL AND ANY ATTEMPT TO TARNISH ITS EARNED REPUTATION WILL NOT BE TOLERATED FROM ANY QUARTERS.
    GOD BLESS US REAL GOOD.

I disagree with you, i am a staff of GTBank{though am a contract staff} staff of GTBank cut across all tribes, you can even find those with disability working with the bank. I know of one of them who is presently an AGM and the other who is an Igbo guy is currently a DM.

What happen in your case does not have anything to do with tribalism. Whatever they do in my bank is on merit, no sentiment . I can assure you, why don't you give it another try and be postive.

One luv.

Mind u guys i just said 99%. Anyway, u guys weren't there 2 witness d whole event.Their international subsidiaries e.g Gambia, Sierra leone, Ghana & Uk are managed by yoruba managers. You can go 2 their website 2 confirm. Check team profile. The few people you just mentioned may be middle belt. You can count them with ur finger tips.

bros, dont warry it is well. if God has destined u to be great he will make a better way for u. just be positive, and dont dwell in the past instead look farword to the future.

My guy be positive oriented weep not...The book is open,other better chances await u,Remain blessed.

lol,its normal,but don't generalise,your own chance will come,but don't be like them(the manager).
    prove them wrong.cheers man

Bros i agree wit u dat 99% of their staffs are yoruba.Even their staffs in umuahia were i stay are all yorubas.For u to have reached dat stage of d interview means u are good.Keep trying n believing God,u will surely succeed.
    I'm ur fellow Igbo boy.Takecare.

I like to say i totally disagree with you but i may be wrong to some extent. My guess is, the branch manager was just tribalistic and not the entire GTB.

Jobs will come. It's just a matter of time!
    ...be aware that GOD IS IN FULL CONTROL!

Guy,i agree with u cos a friend of my has equally told me the same thing.All the same don't give up.Ur igbo brother

Have you heard of that saying that "You do not say ill of people cos you never can tell who's listening".

Mr Oga, GTB strictly would go for people who are positive minded and are not prejudiced like you just convinced me you are...I wont be surprised if this kind of attitude you just put up is one of the reasons why you were not called for the Job.

I do understand your dire need for a job but dont forget we were all there once. We did not say bad of any company, God with our own attitude got us thus far. At my time I got 4 offers and was confused which to even choose.

I am a staff of GTB, everybody around me in the office are from the east and I wonder how they got into the bank if it goes just as you painted.

My Group Head, AGMs, GM...quite a number of them are from the east. The bank solely work with your preformance on your job and not where you are from.

Mind you...A lot of companies HR and recruitment offices look at such sites like Naija Hot Jobs for prospective recruit.

Keep a good spirit brother and God will give you your own Job....GTB is not the final bus-stop.

I wish you well.

bowale james

GTB IS A TRIBALLY BAISED BANK QED, THIS I KNOW

+ Reply
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast