+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: DO I LEAVE OR STAY (BANKER) ON CONTRACT WITH 64000 NAIRA MONTHLY.

DO I LEAVE OR STAY (BANKER) ON CONTRACT WITH 64000 NAIRA MONTHLY.

GUD DAY HOUSE.I SEEK UR ADVISE BUT PLS B4 REPLAYING CONSIDER MY CONDITION AND NOT THE PACKAGE ONLY.
    AM A GRADUATE OF A REPUTABLE UNI, MADE 2;1 IN ACCOUNTING AGE 27.I GOT AN EMPLOYMENT AS A CONTRCT STAFF WITH A BANK MAY 2007 B4 SERVICE AND WAS ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH D JOB WHILE SERVING(IT WAS'T EASY ANY WAY BUT I MADE IT).NOW AM THRU WITH SERVICE BUT STILL NOT CONVERTED TO FULL TIME STAFF.SAME BANK CONDUCTED ITS EXAMS RECENTLY SORRY TO SAY I WROTE AND FAILED.THE PACKAGE SEEMS GOOD BUT THIS ARE MY CONSTRAINS
    YES I EARN 64K MONTHLY BUT LOOK AT THE FUTURE.AS A CONTRACT STAFF U MAY NOT B CONVERTED IN THE NEXT 5 YRS AS I VE SEEN OTHERS WHO VE STAYED MORE THAN THAT.I DNT VE TIME AT ALL,I WORK FRM 7AM TO 8;30PM ON GETTING HOME AM EXHUSTED,CNT HELP BUT TO SLEEP.I TRIED FURTHERING MY EDUCATION BUT CLD'T READ SO I HAD TO POSPONE MY ICAN EXAMS I REGITERED FOR NOV 2008.IN A BANK EXPECIALLY A BRANCH LIKE MY IT WLD'T (MAY I SAY ITS IMPOSSIBLE) B EASY TO GO FOR POSTGRADUATE.HAVE APPLIED ON LINE TO SEVERAL ORG BUT NON IS FRUITFUL YET.I DNT KNW WHATS GOING ON IN THE OUTSIDE WORLD AS AM ALWAYS IN THE BANK AND TO BE SINCERE IF AM CALL FOR TEST ONLY GOD'S MIRACLE WLD MAKE ME PERFORM EXEPTIONAL AS I DNT VE TIME TO READ.MY BRAIN IS ACADEMICALLY STALE.TO WORSEN IT AM A CASHIER, A POSITION WHOSE WORKING EXPERINCE IS NOT OF MUCH RELEVANCE.
    IF FEEL AM UNDER UTILAIZE AND AM WASTING OUT.MOST OF IT IS THAT WHAT DOES THE FUTURE HOLD FOR ME IN SUCH AN ORG? BESIDE I DO NOT WANT A CONTRACT JOB IN MY LIFE,I RATHER EARN 50K AS A FULL TIME STAFF.MORE SO AM NOT GETING A JOB SATISFACTION SPINNING FROM THE FACT THAT I CLD'T FUTHER MY STUDIES AND BEEN WASTED, WITHOUT IN MY VIEW A FUTURE.
    BE AWERE THAT BESIDE THE 64K OTHER ALLOWANCES FOR THE YEAR WHEN SUM UP IS LESS THAN 40K.
    PLS ADVISE ME WHAT DO U THINK? IF U WERE IN MY SHOES WHT WLD U DO AND MORE.I WLD APPRECIATE UR COMMENT AND ADVISE.THNKS.

Re: DO I LEAVE OR STAY (BANKER) ON CONTRACT WITH 64000 NAIRA MONTHLY.

First of all, are you male or female? If female, I may advice that you begin to look for other options as you may miss out on other important aspects of your life. If male, you may want to consider it more deeply. Fine you have a good result and everything but believe me, there are many out there with better credentials and with less opportunity. This 64k may seem ridiculous to you because you see what other are earning around you within the same bank, but if you look without the picture is not so different. As for your brain being stale, aw come on.... is that for real? If you really want to leave then reactivate it by all means. I had a friend who suffered same fate in UBA. She worked for three years with an OND certificate even after earning her B.Sc. She eventually got converted to Customer Care Officer after taking their examination. Study hard (by all means) and take the next exams that's what I think. Stick with it, it will not last forever.

MY BROTHER IS NOT EASY TO GET OUT OF JOB AND I CAN NEVER ENCOURAGE U.LIKE ME I SERVED AS A CORPER IN BANK AND UP TILL NOW THEY DID NOT RETAIN ME AND I KNOW HOW EASY TO HAVE TASTED BANK AND NOW WITHOUT WORK.TRY KEEPING UR JOB SAME TIME TRY GROWING URSELF COS WHEN I SERVED WITH BANK I STILL CREATE TIME TO DO CCNA IN WHICH I WAS CERTIFIED BEFORE MY SERVICE.GOD HELP U MATO

ALSO U SHOULD HELP URSELF WITH PRAYER COS IF GOD REMEMBER U FORGET ABOUT HUMAN.I REMEMBER WHILE I WAS SERVING ALL THE CONTRACT STAFF WITH DEGREE AND HND HOLDER WAS REMEMBERED AND PROMOTED TO THEIR NORMAL POSITION IN WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN DOING BUT WHEN GOD WILL DO IT UNDER 2 WEEKS THE LIST CAME OUT.GOD CAN STILL DO UR OWN.MATO

Guy,if u wanna hear dia alot of pple out dia dt av beta result dan urs and dey are still strugglin to get sumtin doin sumwia bt cldnt.Though its pathectic bt all d same wil stil advice u to endure and kip tryin,ure a man jt av faith and pray hard and i knw GOD will do it.Leavin dt bank i tink is nt d best option for u,since dia is no oda available job and u knw wat will frustrate u most is u resignin and nt getin anytin doin.Omo! its wil b HELL!So wil advice to endure,bt d last decision lies in ur hand.SO THINK WISELY!!!!

Well its really a hard time 4 you and i understand how you feel. i dont think its wise to leave yr present job before looking for another. you only need to work much more harder although its not easy but it should be the least excuse, you can make it; even a better job offer outside that bank while workin in there, iwil also advice you that when trying to build yr future u dont look at the present as if it is the permanent situation see it as a steeping stone to where you actally want to be. thank God you not an old chap. you got strenght and energy and the power to choose yr destiny. stay calm and focused. i know pple who work round the clock, work and at the same time school and hav the best of result. i wish i can tell you more and more, wish you he best
    F

wat i take is just focus,you dont need to quit but be more hardworking and also study hard for all your different exams,you will surely make it,it is not easy to be without job

Future speck for itself. Inrespective of what your colleagueearn, pls also try and imagine yourself not working, earning koboless @ d end of the month, your parent/guadian/friends i.e if any are fitting you feeding/clothing/even browsing bills?
    I advise try your luck by re-applying @ the same bank, apply via internet to other banks/investment/organisation. I am optimisticsure that all a.p test normally come during the weekends.
    ok, if you dont have time to browse @ office, y dont you long-on @ home?
    brother, its not easy to finalize but easy to face the reality of not working as a graduate.
    Have you discuss this with somebody within your bank? if no: please thick of who to speck with in respect to self development and your future as a guy who's focus....
    All the best

Biddieluv & others, you spoke well

the simple advice is STAY THERE AND LOOK FOR OPPORTUNITIES IN OTHER PLACES, period. Get a vendor that will supply you relevant papers and browse the web. Obama said Nigeria is African disgrace. Bros if u resign without anoda job u go see helele. Helele na mother of sofa sofa.

Abutwo,

I agree wit everything d few house members had told u,most especially dat of sholaomotosho.D fact's dat u'r viewing n comparing wat ur mates in same bank are earning to urs,not 2 bad 2 do dat but remember dat all fingers are not equal and every finger nail has its own rate of growth. Dear,dey may b ahead of u now but i bet it wit u,u'll b ahead lata but not d way u'r thinking right now.

Hold on strongly 2 ur job till u find another,don think there are jobs out there cos trully,there are not.Ur brain cannot jus go blank u know,its just like a rechargeable battery who needs 2b charged always.Jus reactivate it guy and it goes well in d direction u want it.

U talked about ur studies aswell.Just want u 2 know dat everything depends on determination.If u rilli desire 2 write d ican exams,make out time out of none and get prepared for it guy and u'll c urself there.

Though its not easily but wit GOD, all things are possible.

SAFE
    Where character is built,that's where personality is formed and there's where attitude's expressed.

Yeah right! All well said, nothing more to add, try hard in optimizing your week-ends, attend tutorial classes for those prof. exams, put in the very best in them, it'll pay off soon as the certifications will increase your profile and stand u in a good stead of securing a good place. Above all, make efforts to seek openings within and without ur work environ..whatever you do, remember that old prov,..."a bird in hand..."!!!
    the marksman

...another thing is, if u think u have been pushed to the wall by ur present predicament, guy resign, God dey. I am a lawyer, where i was working, i was paid "less than" peanuts with undiluted hostility and crude politics that made me weep in the mid night hour. The last straw that destroyed the camel's back was when my mates were promoted because they found favour with the head of chambers. They apparantly became my superior and were almost giving me instructions. I made up my mind and resigned with less than N30,000 in my bank account. It was too rough but today i earn in dollars with other benefits and a training abroad. If u know that you have been pushed to the wall, take a leap of faith....

hey, i quite understand how u feel but get hold on something b4 leavin. its very important.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast