+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Topic: chams recruitment is not worth it- a frustrating 7 stages recruitment exercise

chams recruitment is not worth it- a frustrating 7 stages recruitment exercise

chams frustrates nigerian jobseekers despite the talents and gifts they know they have,
    pls i would advice u guys to forget about chams except if u have a whole lot of time to waste, i passed through all their 7 different stages last year, they can't even pick more than 7 people and are disturbing thousands of graduates, they don't even pay well, their salary is less than 60,000 naira per month and upon all d stress the md will finally pick his /her candidate. i was among d last 30 shorlisted by d hr
    if they invite u 4 an interview in d morning they will delay u till night like 9p.m
    i met their md twice at the 7th stage and he was asking irrelevant questions like have u lied b4,stole b4, debate, list d names and titles of 36 governors, 1 day prime minister of cuba, discuss a topic etc
    some pple who didn't even write d test joined us at d fourth stage of the interview!!!!!!!!!!!! imagine that
    thank God, 2 weeks after i met their md , i got a job with a leading and well paying bank, thanks to naijahotjobs.com , most of d pple chams rejected are now in big companies like agip, mobil, banks, shell, chevron, kpmg price water coopers
    chams is not even doing well now in d stockmarket
    i m not discouraging u but i m informing u abt them
    i think it is high time we start telling dis companies that the fact that one is looking for a job does not mean one is a beggar!!!
    it is d most rigorous job interview process i have ever passed thru- 7 stressful stages!
    i wish u all good luck in ur search 4 a more than 6 digits salary job!!!
    d lord is ur strenght
    God that did mine 4 me will surely do urs
    one love

obama said yes we can

Re: chams recruitment is not worth it- a frustrating 7 stages recruitment exercise

some pple who didn't even write d test joined us at d fourth stage of the interview!!!!!!!!!!!! imagine that
    thank God, 2 weeks after i met their md , i got a job with a leading and well paying bank, thanks to naijahotjobs.com , most of d pple chams rejected are now in big companies like agip, mobil, banks, shell, chevron, kpmg price water coopers
    chams is not even doing well now in d stockmarket
    i m not discouraging u but i m informing u abt them
    i think it is high time we start telling dis companies that the fact that one is looking for a job does not mean one is a beggar!!!
    it is d most rigorous job interview process i have ever passed thru- 7 stressful stages!
    i wish u all good luck in ur search 4 a more than 6 digits salary job!!!
    obama said yes we can

Re: chams recruitment is not worth it- a frustrating 7 stages recruitment exercise

U mentioned PwC as one of the big companies, What is their salary scale like ?
    OBIECHINA Izuu. Onyedikachi

Well said. I think it is time we all "shinning our eyes".

Hey ade, you have already discouraged people already with ur comments.

I heard Chams is already calling people for test and imagine you (Ade) posting this comments at this stage, what does a jobless nigerian have to lose if he/she goes through 7 or 8 stages of interview and gets the job eventually. remember many are called but very few are chosen. Please always watch ur negative comments.
    We all have brains, anyone who is not satisfy with Chams has the option of hopping out of the interview instead of u discouraging everyone who makes attempt to apply.

Remember no pain no gain.

Quote Originally Posted by adegoke
    I heard Chams is already calling people for test and imagine you (Ade) posting this comments at this stage, what does a jobless nigerian have to lose if he/she goes through 7 or 8 stages of interview and gets the job eventually. remember many are called but very few are chosen. Please always watch ur negative comments.
    We all have brains, anyone who is not satisfy with Chams has the option of hopping out of the interview instead of u discouraging everyone who makes attempt to apply.

Remember no pain no gain.
    it doesnt matter even if ade says whatever, it wont deter the eager ones from giving it a try. chams may have changed.

You should have post this comments when charms was on line asking me to apply, that way we would av know if to apply or not.not when they are callin for txt.

I was part of the exercise last year. I was even one of the two with highest score in their aptitude test.(26/30). In all essential points, Chams is a company who does believe in meritocracy but in pady pady stuff.

obviously, I am too hot to be left jobless. I am now GAINFULLY employed.
    Anyway, I will still encourage you guys to give it a try. Why? You can cross from Chams to a good IT company. Experience has shown it is easier to cross from one job to another than getting the first offer.

I really wish you guys all the best.

Chams just sent a text message to me asking me to come but the funniest thing is that, the time the message came in was 2hrs b4 the time we were.I.e,the message came in 2.08 am while d time was 11.08pm

I've just gotten charms invitation for a test, ade's info came rather lately. I think one should give a try.

I filled their form online but I made a 2.2 so when I got to the select grade option, I didnt see 2.2 amongst the list of grades so I didnt want to cancel my application as it was about the last on the form to fill so I just put in 2.1 and now they have invited me for the computer based test on friday and I am seriously having doubts about going as d wrong grade may affect me. WHAT DO I DO?? SHOULD I JUST FORGET IT?. Pls help me with advices as I do not live in Lagos and would not want to waste my money and time, I have just today to decide..........

Quote Originally Posted by adetayoonas

.That was true. I did the test and got to that stage too. It was funny when new faces that didn't even know the venue of the test and previous interviews started showing up.

Friends, its discouraging i most confess

+ Reply
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast