+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Can u take a job of 35k per month as a graduate?

dvt

Can u take a job of 35k per month as a graduate?

(Chukwudi sent this question to the house.)

Can u take a job of 35k per month as a graduate?

chukwudi
    Do the good you Can while you Can...
    Naijahotjobs.com

Re: Can u take a job of 35k per month as a graduate?

depends.some firms pay a basic salary that is very low to reduce the task burden of their staff but have othr incentives and allowances that more than make up for the poor "salary' also if the office is not far from my house ie i spend next to nothing on transportation getting to work daily then i might consider the job.at least it beats staying at home.
    however if the two scenarios above are non existent then hell no i can't take the job.remeber most blue chip firms ask you to mention your annual salary in your former establishment and having a low salary could jeopardise one's chances

some of us have worked for less and still have been able to make something out of it.
    It all takes careful planning and not going beyound ones boundary.
    Just plan your exopenses its small but great things start from small beginnings.
    God bless.
    Revelation 22: 11-12

As if this question was directed to me ,my first job after my National Youth service in 2005 was 35k but i took it in good faith knowing fully well its just my starting point i was there from june that yr till feb 2006 when i got the job am on now.and i thank God today that i accepted that job cos it helped me in building up my career which has taken me to better levels and am still going higher i Thank God for my life and for the life of every body.

Accept the job that is not were u will end ur career but its just a starting point and like Tbaby said if well planned one can still make a leaving out of it.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by TBABY
    some of us have worked for less and still have been able to make something out of it.
    It all takes careful planning and not going beyound ones boundary.
    Just plan your exopenses its small but great things start from small beginnings.
    God bless.
    What Tbaby says is quite true. Most of us actually want to start off with jobs that pay 100k and more @ entry level but then when we look @ the reality of life we see that a great majority of people actually live on far lees as their earnings and they are contented (they wouldn't mind an increase though). Some people earn btw 20- 25k and guess what they are meting their. I think it all about how prudent you can be.

Just see this job as stepping stone to launch your career. Believe me a lot of people would gladly jump to grab that offer, remember half bread is better than none. Instead of staying idle work for little and earn an upkeep for yourself.

yes,,,,,,u r not just looking at the money,but the experience...in the line you want to build a career....Besides holding unto it while you look out others is better

man if it's goin to add sometin to ur pali(cv) n get u more hinted on ur area of specialization my advise is tat u go 4 it. cheers

man, will say u go for it if its gonn' keep body n soul together for a lil' while.then continue scouting around for better offers.cheers
    if you must be a man, be a real man.

+ Reply