+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Can one displease himself just to please others?

Can one displease himself just to please others?

I do good to people all the time at times i let go of my valued things just to please who ever that needs it even when i know i need it badly....but some of my friends are not happy with that aspect of my life.so pls i need adivce on this if i should please myself first b4 others or to contiune with what am doing.cos that has been part of me .
    Thanks

Re: Can one displease himself just to please others?

LIFE IS ALL ABOUT SERVICE.

AS A BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN THIS IS NOT A QUESTION AT ALL COS THE FIRST THING YOU REALISE IS THE SELF LESS SERVICE OF GOD TOWARDS US BY GIVING HIS SON.

SO MY SIS, AS LONG AS IT MAKES YOU FEEL GOOD AND YOU ARE BLESSING LIVES WITH YOUR GIVING GO AHEAD

YOU SHALL BE REWARDED FOR YOUR GIFT IF GIVING

GOD BLESS
    Revelation 22: 11-12

The Bible commands us to love our neighbour AS ourselves. Not less than and also, not more than. Just AS ourselves.

Pls be wise in your giving as well. so that, you will not be helping people with their luxuries instead of needs. Someone asked for some money that he said he was desperately in need of. i had to part with it at the detriment of my great need at home. I saw him some days later with a high-end mobile phone that he bought with it. I dont own such mobile phone myself.

Dont take care of people's luxuries but their needs. Help only those who cannot help themselves and pls make sure its really a need and not a luxury.

Bless you for your good works. Keep it wise & smart.

GIVE AND IT SHALL BE GIVEN UNTO YOU, PRESSED DOWN, SHAKEN TOGETHER, RUNNING OVER BLESINGS SHALL BE YOURS. YOU CANNOT GIVE TOO MUCH FOR HUMANITY FOR GOD FIRST GAVE US HIS MOST PRECIOUS GIFT: JESUS CHRIST. MORESO, GOD REWARDS EVERY OF YOUR LABOUR AND KNOW IT FOR SURE, NO MAN CAN OUTGIVE GOD, FOR WHEN HE GIVES HE COMPOUNDS YOUR GIFT AND RETURN THEM TO YOU.

MAVDAV, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK! REMEMBER, YOUR GIFT IS THE TO YOUR FUTURE.
    You've only got this one life to live, make sure it counts. Give it to Jesus, today, for he cares for you!

I MEAN, YOUR GIFT IS THE KEY TO YOUR FUTURE!
    You've only got this one life to live, make sure it counts. Give it to Jesus, today, for he cares for you!

Oh i thank u all for ur contributions cos i really want to know if am on d right track...i will keep it rolling .thank u all once again.
    God bless

Pls u know in ur spirit wen u're giving right or wrong,so be wise with it cos i knw right now that u can never give up ur life for anytin in the world.This is not a mata of born again or not cos am born again too and pple ave capitalized on it to do me a lot bad than good untill i came to the knwldge that there's a good giving and a bad one.So dear use some kind of wisdom in doing wot u ave to do MODERATELY thank u!

True, it is good to give but also one must be wise in ones giving. To all those going the way of xtianity, this I have to say;Remember the bible says be as gentle as doves and as wise as serpents. And also remember the story of the 5 foolish and the 5 virgins. Wont u say it was wicked of them not giving to their friends when they where in need , i mean desperate need at that time of the nite where were they to get fuel. U guys no the rest of the story and I hope you get the rest of the story and the wisdom behind what am trying to say.

Well, mavdav...

It is good idea to be generous to people. Not only is it humane, but is also an injunction from God to us as humans. However, to buttres the points delivered by some earlier speakers, I want to say this:

Inasmuch as you give and render selfless service to people, please be warned that everybody does not reason and behave like you. Dishonesty and mischief are natural traits of humans. It is likely that some people would want to take undue advantage of your generosity.

In other words, the people you pray for, think of and hope that better things come their ways may not be thinking well of you. Some might just want to outsmart you.

So my advice is that you be very careful with this mindset and be a little cautious when you do favours for people. SOME HATE YOU FOR DOING THEM A FAVOUR.

BE WISE GIRL

Jojo
    Joshua Otuonye C.<br />08037971139<br />Proudly Nigerian

Thank u all and to u Otuonye God bless.

I like ur spirit,just follow your heart and don&#39;t forget what goes around will definately come around.keep it up

+ Reply