+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Topic: BAKER HUGHES IS RECRUITING ENTRY LEVEL FIELD ENGINEERS(2009)

Re: BAKER HUGHES IS RECRUITING ENTRY LEVEL FIELD ENGINEERS(2009)

does anyone know if those that wrote the test last year had phone interviews.?or is it a new style now.

There were no phone interviews last year, just the old fashioned test writing and a panel interview sometime later at the same venue in Lagos. I reckon the phone interviews became necessary due to geographical hinderances. Do keep us posted on the outcome of your phone interview. cheers.

Hello House, has anyone been contacted by Baker Hughes after the fone Interviews?They actually told me in a months time and its not upto that yet but i just want to know if there is any info yet.........
    Always speeding.................

kau

O boy, chill out.Why your blood dey hot like this?..lol. We're all still waiting? If you've not received any info after about a week or two, then you are likely to progress to the next round i think.
    Just learnt of someone who got rejection email few hours after her interview.

Just keep trusting God.
    Cheers.

My guy my blood no dey hot.....na volcano e bi.........one month is too long na......are u serious that they rejected someone?or are u trying to be hopeful?anyways i will wait upon the LORD....

kau

Yeah, someone in Malaysia though but it's the same Bakerhughes coz they also had their interviews from a call from the USA. So,they're in the same shoes as we are.
    A month actually appears to be long but I think they're interviewing quite a number of people. So,what we need now is prayer for God's favour.

God dey.

Well nice one sha..........na GOD.....Anyways lets c how it goes...cheers

Mates do not panic, the interview is still ongoing, I just had mine today and they said they will get in touch in a week's time. cheers

Hey house.....any news yet?Am just confused rite now cos i want know the outcome to decide my next line of action. i have got an offer here in Aberdeen but i would really prefer working back home...I have two more weeks to accept or refuse the offer......Please i really need some info...I tried calling them but couldn't get through.......Cheers

Dollben, is it up to four weeks of your interview? If not, u shouldn't panic. By the way, I feel they will get in touch this week so u will have ample time to decide. Congrats on the offer u've got. U can never be sure the Baker position will be naija based, it might just be UK based as well and then DO U HAVE WORK AUTHORIZATION. All these things add up when u consider the big picture in making a choice. I don't really think Baker pays a hell lot of money but at least it is a decent place to start. Keep keeping on.

@Read7......Am authorized to work in the UK.... Yeah its exactly a month and a day i did the interview.......How did u know they will start calling soon?

kau

Dollben, congrats on your offer but have you tried weighing your current offer with what you anticipate from Baker coz it might just be better than BakerHughes?
    I met a guy (a scottish) who was in your shoes few years ago. Waited this long for a reply from BakerHughes but got an offer from Halliburton after which BakerHughes came calling for him.

On the other hand, Bakerhughes is likely to take you as an international staff.So start thinking about that.

I also had my interview over a month ago (a month and 4 days to be precise but yet to get a reply).

well, i actually called them yesterday, snd i was told that the interview is taking longer than they had anticipated. The guy i spoke with told me that they were still interviewing people, so i guess they are still conducting interviews in some other countries. Remember that Baker is in over 80 countries.

I asked they guy if he had an idea when they shd be through, he said hopefully before newyear. He said they should start contacting people by Jan 2009, hopefully. He also said that if you have not been contacted by now, its possible that u are being considered for the next stage.

@Dolben, i wld advice you to take up the other offer first, then keep watching out for Baker. You can leave the other offer if Baker turns out to be preferable.

+ Reply
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast