+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: What is happening to ExxonMobil Recruitments??

What is happening to ExxonMobil Recruitments??

I'm curious, what is going on with ExxonMobil recruitments as they havnt had any graduate opportunities in over a year which is very unusual. Im saddened by this and by my current situation. I started my recruitment process with them 2years ago and went through all the stages and passed, filled employment forms where they had me inexplicably sign that unless i falsify information that is only grounds for termination of my employment. I dont want to be too explicit about details as i dont know where i can be used to be screened out. After rushing their process and giving us a definite timeline and going every now and then for tests and interviews with other participants i disregarded pushing for my masters after signing their forms which were only sent to supposed successful participants and i even accepted a poor contract position with another major oil company here as i felt i would soon leave for mobil. After that i waited for months without response to the supposed successful people or replies from my emails to their HR unit. I decided to go abroad to pursue my Msc application process(After 9 months of signing their forms) not only to be called by Mobil to come for medicals. I left back for Nigeria did the medicals and was promised to resume soon so i didnt go back abroad nor did I bother to apply elsewhere like my friend advised me to apply to Schlumberger on day of my medicals and i laughed at him that i already have Mobil he is telling me to apply for Schlum(which he eventually got and has swiftly been given his employment letter to work in Angola @$60,000/yr). I have been waiting for a number of months now yet again with no respnse from Mobil and no replies from their HR. Another year now having lost 2 years i find myself applying for PTDF et al and planning on school for Msc and applying helter skelter for jobs. This whole situation has really put me aback as to how things are handled at ExxonMobil. how can a large corporation be so unprofessional and not simply reply to emails and leave someone without any correspondence wether positive, negative or static/neutral as it must not be the "best job" for me so i can look elsewhere. i am a very intelligent person and i feel angry and saddened at the time ive lost waiting for these people with my whole family and friends rejoicing with me like i already have the job while Mobil continues to stall. It has made me think that if i leave for my Engineering Msc i most rather won't come back to Nigeria. Is there anybody with info on what is going on internally or knows anyone else with a similar situation with helpful info so i can start planning my life and "get a life". Only God can save us in this country as i know this will most definitely not happen in outside Nigeria. God bless us all

Re: What is happening to ExxonMobil Recruitments??

As much as I still believe you'l soon be leaving a testimony about your Mobil Job, I also wish to stress, for the purpose of the younger ones who would have choices and options in jobs;

1. UNTIL YOU RESUME WORK ON THE FIRST DAY, NEVER ASSUME THAT DOING
    MEDICALS OR SIGNING OFFER LETTERS GUARANTEES YOU A JOB;

2. WHILE ON A JOB, ESPECIALLY WITH A PRIVATE COMPANY, IF YOU FIND A BETTER
    OFFER WITH BETTER WORK TERMS AND A PROMISING ENVIRONMENT...LEAVE AND
    MAKE THAT CAREER MOVE BECAUSE IT CAN ONLY BE FOR THE GOOD OF ALL
    PARTIES, BECAUSE WHEN MANAGEMENT (OF A PRIVATE COMPANY) FINDS A
    BETTER OPTION AND DECIDES TO LAY YOU OFF, YOU WILL BE ON
    THE LOSING SIDE OF THE EQUATION...IN ESSENCE NEVER OVERSTAY YOUR
    WELCOME;

3. EVEN WHILE ON A COMFORTABLE JOB IT IS BETTER TO KEEP APPLYING FOR JOBS
    (AS A WAY OF TESTING THE STRENGTH OF YOUR CV) EVEN THOUGH YOU WILL END
    UP REJECTING OR NOT HONORING THE TESTS/INTERVIEWS...THIS ONLY GIVES YOU
    AN IDEA HOW MUCH YOUR TRADE OR SKILLS ARE STILL IN HIGH DEMAND;

4. ETC...
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

Thank you PeacesofPeace, hopefully they can oblige and call me and the few others waiting for them. I heard that they are having budget issues. That recently even NYSC havnt been able to start on time like usual. Dunno if anybody knows anything about that ??

Random Guy....I urge you to remain strong about this matter.I have a friend with similar case.He got offers with Shell, Total and Mobil but was delayed for a long time and had to travel overseas to do his masters only for mobil to call him after several attempts to reach him.he had to put his studies on hold and resumed with mobil.of course he later completed his masters online. right now, he is very happy with mobil eventhough he felt disappointed with what they did to him (including shell & total).
    so my brother don't give up..keep your hopes alive and God will see you through.

Randomguy. I feel your pains. It shall be well with you, only time is the witness. Pls commit yourself to prayers in whatever faith you believe in, GOD will help you out.
    Also ensure to get urself a secured (Govt.) job while you wait patiently. With Govt. job, U can get study leave with full pay in case u decide to leave for ur MSc. abroad. Be strong my dear.

@poster,
    i share in pains but the truth still remains that they have not forgotten you. Just be patient, with time you will smile. It is well

Thanks frank, talix and reliableengineer i will keep on praying.

@randomguy, I also got the same info about the budget cuts. A friend of mine who works in their planning dept told me exxon doesnt plan doing major recruitments for about the next 2yrs.The only recruitments that might be coming up are contract specific positions for ongoing projects.And even that requires sum work experience.

Like I'll advise most peeps who are still in skul or fresh outta skul, rely less on the big corporations. They are filled up! The trend Nigeria will follow for the next couple of years will be skill-based. More like creating employment. The opportunities for self sustenance r out there, u only need to look well.

Notwithstanding, I wouldnt want to undermine the power of God. seek His face first.u neva know wut alternative plans he had for u all along...all d best!

@peacesof peace plz do u av an idea of how much Transocean energy entry level is cos i av been invited for test and i am presently working in comfortable place.I just want to av an idea so that i can decide whether to pursue the recruitment process.Thanks

@Kamara, since u work in a comfortable place, it puts u at a better advantage to negotiate.Do the test first, when u are called upon for an interview, present to them ur terms and conditions

All the best

Much as I do not have relevant info to helpout , I must commend the efforts of all the people who commented here to help randomguy out. You are all brilliant and mature. I hope we ( our naija youth) will continue to think and act in these lines..

@Random_guy, I really shared in ur pain about this. Just put your trust in God and he'll surely make u smile. I equally knw of my fellow scholar (PTDF) who as well did their medical in 2008 but only to be told the recruitment is on hold due to economic recession then. Lucky for him, he got PTDF scholarship and God's willing, has completed his MSc in Petrl Engr. Just move on my broda and put all ur hope in God....

I appreciate all your responses to random guy. Infact, do not lose hope. I know it is never easy to keep waiting for what you thought is already set. I know of a guy who did interveiw with Schlumberger for like 4 years ago, He was not called all this while and someone who did interveiw with him had been working with the company since then and making his cool money. He travelled abroad and when he least expected it, he was called to work for them towards the end of last year.

So bro, never lose hope just as others have adviced you. Trust in GOD and he will see you through.
    TRUST IN JEHOVAH THE GIVER OF EVERY GOOD GIFT AND PERFECT PRESENT.HE IS SURELY THERE FOR YOU

+ Reply
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast