Job Title: Application Engineer- Controls, GE Power
Job Number: 2785850
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences.
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities.
- Review and own proposal related metrics.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services organizations to ensure the Controls CM&U proposal is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting limits.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Physics, Chemistry, Computer Science or Electrical engineering
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the role’s location
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume) Nigerians Only.
- Minimum of 10 years of Controls engineering experience
- Minimum of 8 years of Controls gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Hands-on experience on MKV, MKVI, MKVIe and other GE power generation controls equipment
- Extensive background with GE Gas and Steam Turbine, generator controls product line
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading projects in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment
- Master’s Degree in Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or Computer Sciences
- Fluent in English and French
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (GE employees only)
- Strong technical aptitude, including applicable engineering tools and systems (toolbox, PLM…)
- Solid industrial control experience, PLC application, with also IEEE and IEC standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply