Our client is into cement manufacturing and concrete mix production.
Job title Biomass Manager
Reporting Head of Industrial Ecology
Number of direct reports 3
Job Location Lagos State
Assure cost effective and timely supply of biomass to the organization’s cement plants. Develop additional biomass sources for the organization.
1. To contribute with the Industrial Ecology RVP and Biomass Director to the definition of the Biomass strategy, through a detailed analysis of the market: Available streams, customers, tonnage, price levels, competitions, competing technologies, legislation, for our different biomass business models: forestry maintenance activity, agriculture waste, captive plantations.
2. To insure full compliance with all relevant legislation as well as with all values of the organization in general and the safety policies in particular.
3. To contribute to the organization’s Biomass Roadmap definition that will optimize the organization’s Biomass SR and to insure its application.
4. To contribute to the Biomass H&S Roadmap definition and application (Safe execution of all operation linked to biomass sourcing and pre-treatment).
5. To manage the HR aspects of the Roadmap, for our personal as well as the subcontractors activity,
6. To direct the daily management of all aspects of biomass supply chain
a. from forestry maintenance (including development and application of specific procedures for all steps in the chain): Harvesting, Logistics, Storage
b. from captive plantations (Nursery management, Planting, Harvesting
c. from agricultural residues sourcing
7. To carry out constant follow up of key KPI’s related to biomass sourcing and co-processing (notably % AF, GS, Biomass cost)
8. To make sure that sourcing strategy is aligned with potential development of co-processing by the organization. Ensure Industrial Ecology participation to the different phases of the organization’s management cycle (Strategic Review, PIP, Budgets)
9. To make sure of a close coordination between his/her Biomass activity and all involved organization’s management (Communications, Legal, Financial, Production, Plants, etc).
10. To pay particular attention to the stakeholders environment of the Biomass strategy.
11. To carry out continuous evaluation of all biomass operations and propose methods to improve.
12. To play an active part in animating the biomass network and exchanging best practices throughout the region.
13. To assure a close collaboration with counterpart in Benin Republic.
1. Contribute to a clear and concrete understanding of the biomass business in Nigeria.
2. Ensure the understanding and support of this vision
3. Ensure the execution of the strategy
1. Animate the biomass team and develop results based ambitions.
2. Develop efficient team working practices
1. Ensure effective implementation
2. Measure the impact and understand the consequences of actions
3. Personal commitment to achieving results
4. Take the organization to the customer orientation
5. Drive improvement in change
6. Challenge and agree to be positively challenged
7. Ensure effective implementation
8. Measure the impact and understand the consequences of actions
9. Maintain a personal commitment to achieving results
1. A thorough understanding of our different types of customers
2. Use all the resources of the organization to continually improve our product offering.
3. Generate value for our customers.
4. Measure success by monitoring the satisfaction and loyalty of our Customers
Integrity and Values
1. Challenge positively and accept being challenged.
2. Give priority to safety
3. Show integrity, commitment and respect for others in all daily activities.
4. Act for the best interests of Lafarge
5. Show sensitivity and adaptability to cultural diversity
6. Seek out different opinions in order to progress.
QUALIFICATIONS, COMPETENCES AND EXPERIENCE;
B.Sc Engineering or Agric Science
7 years post qualification experience. An engineer with an entrepreneurial mindset
1. Marketing intelligence Data search and analysis.
2. Management of information - Data evaluation and clarity of the overall picture.
3. Project Management - Project management and innovation.
4. Interpersonal relationships - developing networks with other stakeholders, interacting with other team members.
5. Problem Solving - Analyze situations and propose solutions.
6 Communication - Interpret and present information consistent with the intended audience (presentations, written submission).
7. Knowledge and understanding of the business environment and legislation governing Waste Management in the MEA zone.
2. Able to work in a multi functional team
3. Able to challenge the ideas received
4. Able to translate technical language into intelligible information
5. Attention to detail
6. Culture of results
SALARY & APPLICATION;
Salary range is between N10, 000, 000 – N 13, 000, 000
Qualified and interested applicants should send updated CVs to [email protected] using ‘FTC-18’ as subject of mail before 25th January, 2017. Wrongly titled applications will not be considered. Please note this vacancy is for a Fixed Term Contract position for 18 months only.