+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Topic: Transocean Vs Schlumberger, Kca Deutag Vs Halliburton

Re: Transocean Vs Schlumberger, Kca Deutag Vs Halliburton

The comments in this thread so far are highly commendable and that is what it should be for other threads too-Cascading information and insightful too; not otherwise. Good work guys. See you all on top!

BHA normally comprises of all the string ran in hole below the drill pipe while drilling and they could be made up of a drill bit, bit sub, near bit or string stabilizer(for directional control, gauging the hole size and help to stabilize string), float sub(contains flapper that ensures one way flow and useful for well control), drill collar(providing weight on bit), mud motor(using rotor-stator arrangement for directional control), rotary steerable motor(using activation pads for directional control), MWD tools (for inclination and depth(MD, TVD) measurement), LWD tool(contains radio active material and used for measuring the resistivity, density, neutron porosity, sonic etc) mainly for lithology and fluid content measurement, Gyro(used for depth and inclination measurement when magnetic interference is expected as conventional MWD give erroneous measurement when there is magnetic interference), hole opener assembly.e.t.c.

Keep it up guys.I love dis

Quote Originally Posted by Donchinchin View Post
    Where does Saipem come into play?
    In addition to what 9jah says, SAIPEM also own a drilling company, though i don't know the name of the subsidiary that drills anyway but am sure they also drill offshore. Their SCARABEO-3 just ended their drilling campaign in one of Nigeria's offshore fields

what does case hole completion mean abeg

I have been opportune to work in kca deutag T-209 rig and SchlumB drilling and measurement dept...Dat was wat aroused my questionin...knw of a BHA tools owned by schlumB..check out Tecon..de own oil well and drill also..Companies are becoming versatile..when I checked out d list of top drilling companies in d world, I came across Fugro, which also acquire geological data and shoot seismic..My guess is dat one day, Transocean will acquire SchlumB...LOL
    Remember schlumB bought over smith, pathfinder, geoservice and baroid which were specialized companies

Just pray let God direct you...ur future is in his hand no body knows wat best suits you..he makes away were is seems no way..it dose not matter d position, money or company ur starting withz, wat matters is what God says abt you..and nufing much..all human aadvice aand suggestions are based on their personal experiance, ur case couud be defrent..wshn u nice carre ahead. Cheers

Hi pals,i need ur advice urgently.I am currently on my 7months out of 18months cadet Asp training with nigerian police when i got my nnpc offer for employment as an engr in my studied profession but am damm confused on what to do especially with the uncertainty in nnpc operation as regard the passage of pib.just dnt knw whether to resign 4rm police now bcos i suffer 4 many yrs b4 i got a job,just want to be careful with my decisions!Your advice will help a great deal

@engr...very simple..resign from d police and join nnpc..sure u dnt wanna build a career wit d NPF

@all

I want to ask a question, can working for a drilling contractor over a period of time get u a job with an operator.

Which is d prefered place to work? A drilling contractor or a.n oil servicing company?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12