+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme @ Imperial College London

SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme @ Imperial College London

Hey Guyz,
    For those of you from Delta, Bayelsa and Rivers who for some reasons did not make the PTDF list, there is still hope as SPDC has begun a scholarship scheme for MSc at Imperial College, London. Just for the three states listed.
    You can download the application form from this post or visit http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/studentfinancialsupport/pgscholarships/scholarshipsoverseas#spdc for more details.
    Email completed form to http://[email protected]
    Hurry, application deadline is very near.
    Good luck to you all.

Re: SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme @ Imperial College London

Please email the completed form to: [email protected]

good and correct info, thanks

This scholarship is not just for Imperial College London. Its actually for some schools in UK including University of Leeds, UK You can as well do some kinda research and locate what other schools offer this SPDC Niger Delta Scholarship. Note that most of these schools require that you must have secured at least a conditional offer for study for a course before you can apply for the scholarship. Good luck to all Niger Deltans

@Lekepee,
    you are right, this scholarship is available in some of the UK universities. Interested Niger Deltans should please check on the schools scholarship page. Also, maybe, on SPDC website. Please let the house know all collaborating institutions.
    One course! One Love!

nice one brother you too much

@Ninja_X
    Thanks for the info, but kindly be informed that it is for Niger Delta o! So it covers all member states under the NDDC and that's the reason for the Heading "SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme" they only gave examples

So All members whose state of Origin is from Delta, Edo, Rivers,Bayelsa, Imo and Akwa Ibom are encouraged to apply.

Good Luck! If you add am Jonathan, na you sabi....
    S

El-Azar...The Niger Delta States are 9 and to complete your list you have Cross River, Abia and Ondo.

House take note.
    Perseverance, Persistence and faith in GOD is all i need.

Niger Delta

House don't u think there is a slight difference btw NDDC and niger delta? Don't mind me o, there's actual need for stuff like this cos PTDF can't cater for us all.... But i myt be tempted to blv dt emphasis 'd be on d 3main states of SPDC's operations..

@P...O...P,
    Thanks of the additional info, I just forgot that they are 9 member states of NDDC.

@ufuoma,
    They only mentioned the those three coz they are the chief producers of crude oil in Nigeria.

Dear All,
    Please do not forget that one valid criteria for consideration is that you must hold a formal offer of admission to the closing date (30 April 2010) to be considered for this award. for your Information

S

hey pls house i need ideas on this............i actually am from Delta state and was supposed to start my masters in Electronics Engr. in January but i got my visa about 1week plus after school resumed and was then told by school that they would not accept late comers and was then advised to defer till Sept resumption..........whichi agreed to.....is there a way i can get some form of scholarship from SPDC and how do i go about it......................Please i need advise

from this i dont think it includes all the 9 Niger Delta State:

SPDC Niger Delta Post-Graduate Scholarship Scheme
    Programme of study: MSc Petroleum Engineering, Petroleum Geoscience, Petroleum Geophysics or MSc Engineering Geology
    Next available: for October 2010 start
    Criteria for eligibility: applicants must:

• display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
    • have a high standard of English, i.e. at least 6.5 in IELTS and meet the university's language requirements;
    • be aged between 21-30 years;
    originate from one of the Delta States in Nigeria, namely Rivers, Delta or Bayelsa and currently reside in Nigeria;
    • intend to return and take up permanent residence in Nigeria after completion of the proposed programme of study
    • have obtained a degree of at least an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours Degree
    • be neither a current nor former employee (who has left employment less than 5 years before) of either SPDC, the Royal Dutch Shell Group of Companies or Wider Perspectives Limited, or be a current employee's relative;
    • not already have had the chance of studying in the UK or another developed country.

Value: Fees plus maintenance costs and a contribution towards one return flight and compulsory fieldwork costs.
    Closing date: 5pm Friday, 30 April 2010. Please note that you must hold a formal offer of admission to the closing date to be considered for this award. For more information, please email

@Ufuoma 77: i saw thos as part of their criteria..........."not already have had the chance of studying in the UK or another developed country:.......................................... ..do u think this applies to me anyhow??...........anybody that has a good copy of that form should pls re-attach it on here....the one attached seems corrupted

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast