+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Topic: Shell vs Chevron

Re: Shell vs Chevron

Congrats bro.
    I can't contribute well on this issue without sentiment because I'm a big fan of Chevron & absolute not a friend of Shell for personal reasons.

So you know I'll surely take sides & I'll have 1001 advantages of Chevy over Shell (mago mago people).

Skudos!
    Seek God's lead in all.

& make sure you make the right choice o so we don't see you contesting with us next time....

Best Wishes Mr Jet.

I would go for Chevron. From what I've heard from some ex-SHELL staff who resigned to one particular company (name withheld...lol) , it's a bit hard to rise up the ladder due to politics & an 'abundance' of 'qualified' individuals. Also, to me it seems Shell's structure is becoming more 'Nigerian'. I think Chevron would give you more of the International Standard.

Congrats bro, yours is a unique & inspiring story.
    kwemby likes this.

Congrats bro, the 2 positions are actually the same...Firstly, at this time of ur career, money shldnt be a determinin factor..experience is what u really need. In Nigeria,as of today, shell gives the best training and you have a greater exposure in terms of being the operator in many assets in the niger-delta. Chevron etc are more of JV patners rather than operators.However, shell is a highly political company....anywhere u av plenty Nigerians, u shldnt b surprised. So u might need to do a lot of boot-licking and God fatherism..moreso, many of ur trainings might be in Nigeria (some in Hague though) even though the trainers are well experienced...
    Chevron on the other hand has an excellent structure, good management, good training abroad and greater certainty in ur career as many of shell's eastern assets have been sold to Seplat..so job security in shell might not be as high as in chevron..The most important is to pray to God for direction...Congrats once again...
    EdgarG likes this.

My guy if I were you it is Shell all the way. Chevron that was disorganised during their skill test and there were lots of typo errors. Back to the main issues, think of in-terms of the concepts of money and power. Shell has power, chevron has money. People that have money, is it not power that they end up using the money to find? Someone that has power, to make money is not a big deal nw. For shell, if you are in the right settings you get to know contacts or people in government circles- inshort Shell is another National cake and In Nigeria as of today, anybody that is not chopping government has not even started. From there you can run your show after resigning or retiring that is for Shell.
    Chevron u'll earn a fat salary and become a disciplined professional. Then in d end retire and the company pays you 50 million naira in addition to your savings. its difficult to find retired Chevron staff measuring up to Shell's in the end - i may be wrong.
    let me just drop this, Anywhere you are it is God's blessings that matter and dont do anything that will drive away God's blessing from your life.
    Pay your tithes- 10% and even more.
    Dont be over-ambitious or be pulling people down, instead lift other people up.
    Marry a good woman and stick with her. Dnt f*** around.
    Dont cheat anybody n let others benefit from the system especially contractors or contracts staffs.
    N.B Sha if you are Rejecting the Shell offer abeg give me oooo..

My guy, I sincerely pray for your kind of 'problem'! Well, to add my bit, Chevron is better, trust me. Reasons due to better job security, Better international exposure and training, better personnel mgt, Although, politics there is really thick, but you will still have fulfillment in what you re doing.... then the FE / Well, prod engrn thingy, ren't they all the same!!! Actually, FE covers all that aspect, just that U might have to do a gig at other sections to.
    Once again, congrats for finishing strong...

Thanks for all your input.

I'm really grateful.

Glory to God in the highest..As he has lifted u up his grace is sufficient to keep u up...congrat bro may God guide ur choice..!!!Just Passing!!!

this Jethrovish guy sef! Is this nt thesame person that was confused abt which to choose btw first bank and saipem job? Na wa...o, na juju u dey use? Abi u jst dey form topic. But for me, I'll choose Chevron...o, shell is nw like a civil service job; u might get satisfied with d pay but d work environment is nasty.
    EdgarG likes this.

Two roads diverged into a yellow wood;
    And sorry I could not travel both;
    And be one traveler, long I stood;
    And looked down one as far as I could;
    To where it bent in the undergrowth;

Then took the other, as just as fair,
    And having perhaps the better claim;
    Bcos it was grassy & wanted wear;
    Though as for that the passing there;
    Had worn then really about same;

And both that morning equally lay in leaves no step had trodden back;
    Oh, I kept the 1st for another day!
    Yet knowing how way lead on to way;
    I doubted if I should ever come back;

I shall be telling this with a sigh;
    Somewhere ages & ages hence;
    Two roads diverged into a wood, and I - I took the one less traveled by, and
    That has made all the diffence.

-Robert Frost-
    fadiboy likes this.

Mr Joe congrats, let me use dis opportunity 2 say CONGRATULATIONS 2u..firstly it was Saipem and First Bank and now its Chevron and Shell all in just one calender year..We Mechanical Engineering graduates of 2010 are proud of ur exploit..Congrats...........I admire shell but i luv chevron, go 4 chevy bro

Wow...

Congrats Mr. Jethro, Sorry I haven't been to nhj in a while...

Have you done your medicals or you have gotten an offer already...

I have been waiting for mine (engineering position) for so long I am about to break down...

Please holla and clarify.. Thanks...

Mtn test

Hi guys, I checked my in-box now and i discovered that MTN has invited for a test 2morrow at their Maritime House for an online application i submitted for Project Accountant. Pls anyone with useful information on the modality of the test will be appreciated....... Lawon

Re: Mtn test

Quote Originally Posted by Lawon View Post
    Hi guys, I checked my in-box now and i discovered that MTN has invited for a test 2morrow at their Maritime House for an online application i submitted for Project Accountant. Pls anyone with useful information on the modality of the test will be appreciated....... Lawon
    How was the test?

+ Reply
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast