+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Schlumberger or Total downstream

Schlumberger or Total downstream

Hello guys,
    PLease I need help on this. Can anyone please tell which is better to take a career, if the intention is research and a take-home not too bad.
    I'd appreciate responses from those who work in these companies, or at least those who know enough about their inner workings.

Thanks all

Re: Schlumberger or Total downstream

Schlumberger, i think is the better of the two in terms of Career experience and overseas training and the remuneration is commensurate with what obtains in leading multinational oil and gas companies.

Quote Originally Posted by uhonmora View Post
    Schlumberger, i think is the better of the two in terms of Career experience and overseas training and the remuneration is commensurate with what obtains in leading multinational oil and gas companies.
    thanks for the info. I appreciate, but could you please mention source of your info?

My opinion.

Total is oil producing while schlumberger is oil field servicing (which do u prefer?). Total has better job security while schlumberger can dispose of u without warning. Total pays better (much better). Total has broader training facilities (local & abroad).

The choice is urs.

Sauer, my advice is to go for Schlumbeger cos of the better opportunities u get to doing the real "engineering", u also get trainings both local and international. Also, u have a better market value in a number of years time. I have friends in Schlumbeger but i dont know any1 in TOTAL downstream, but thats my opinion sha..

Quote Originally Posted by sync View Post
    My opinion.

Total is oil producing while schlumberger is oil field servicing (which do u prefer?). Total has better job security while schlumberger can dispose of u without warning. Total pays better (much better). Total has broader training facilities (local & abroad).

The choice is urs.
    Please note this is not Total E&P, but Total downstream. All that you wrote above apply to Total downstream?

yes, mine applies to TOTAL downstream. But u shld go collect d offer letter, if its high enough and u r interested in d money, then u can go for it but if its for career development, then schlumbeger comes first. Schlumbeger salary depends on ur segment, some get up to 600per month (every thing incl allowances) while some is like 3hundred and somthing if u dont stay in their accomodation (accomodation includes feeding and transport), so if u have the schlumbeger offer at hand, which segment or unit are u meant to resume in or have u resumed already?

Quote Originally Posted by naijahotjobs1111 View Post
    Sauer, my advice is to go for Schlumbeger cos of the better opportunities u get to doing the real "engineering", u also get trainings both local and international. Also, u have a better market value in a number of years time. I have friends in Schlumbeger but i dont know any1 in TOTAL downstream, but thats my opinion sha..
    thanks for the info

At best, you'd get speculative & hear-say opinions from here. I think is better you ask from the Best & Right Source, in this instance, it will be current staff of Total Nigeria & staff of SLB. They would be able to give you good information about remuneration, organizational policies, opportunities for learning & growth, career advancement etc. This weighed alongside your career objective and life goals will inform your choice. If you do not have anyone or know anyone in any of these places, you can PM me, and i'd give you pointers. All the best & Congratulations Sauer

I work wt Total downstream,send me pm,i will reply u.

+ Reply