+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By denass

Topic: Schlumberger Recruitment Process

Schlumberger Recruitment Process

Hello House, I applied for the Post of Field Engineer and IT Personnel on Schlumberger Site months back and I recieved this mail from them yesterday:

Thank you for your interest regarding employment with Schlumberger. A company recruiter has selected your application and has expressed an interest in your profile. Although we do not have any suitable position at the moment, we will keep looking and will contact you as soon as we have an opening that matches your skills and qualifications. At this point, there is no need for you to re-apply since your application will be kept active in the system until further notice.
    Sincerely, Schlumberger.

For me this is hope that an employment oppurtuniy awaits in SLB. In preparedness for this I hope fellow house members who have information about their Recruitment Procedures, Test Formats, Past Questions, Interview sessions, Training, and all so kindly furnish US with such.

Also, I advise fellow members to apply on their site:

ww.slb.com

Thanks

Re: Schlumberger Recruitment Process

yea i got d same mail 2. all available materials wil b highly appreciated. tanx all
    If God bifomi! Who u b?B-)

Hi, I got this mail since January 2009 and I'm yet to hear anything from SchlumBJ. I just hope its not a strategy they are using to ward off applicants

Ya, I got same mail since June, 2009. No info from them thereafter.

You ought to have been used to all this there wading off strategies....that is how they do. lets pray our deserved job come ..
    samadex.com...If I cant find a way, I will make one...

Well it's so sad what this companies get up to atimes but the best you can do is be ready. I took their test sometime in may and am yet to hear from them. we are quite few that took the test and have each others contacts and non i s being contacted.
    As for the exam format, it's in two parts.
    1. Basic mathematics, quite simple really, just indices and determinations of speed distance and stuff, nothing GMAT cant handle.
    2. Mechanical reasoning that jst gives you shapes and asks questins based on them, it also has question on ''PRESSURE AT A DEPTH'' and stuffs like that, the part of the Naija Gmat that treats pulleys and stuf is also helpful. am not home now i'd have given you specific pages but if you do feel i should, say so, that's what the house if for ryt?
    one love ma ppl
    Thankful for today,hopeful and ready for tomorrow

Wao!!! Since January....? Well, if it is a wade off strategy lets still get prepared...We will work with SLB in the nearest future...Big Ups

i got mine long ago, cant even remember when. no contact from them ever since.

I also got the same mail in jan 2009. I spoke recently 2a friend about it n she said that i should try as much as possible to add value to myself. She said they interested in knowing if you are a dynamic person,the type they will need in moving the fortunes of the company forward. So my opinion is that you continue to add value to urself,bcos they could just call you up for an interview.

I also got the same mail, last week though.
    Rugby likes this.
    he who leaves everything in God's Hand shall surely see God's Hand in everythin he does

Thanks for the infos.No matter wat I'll still try.A cousin of mine applied for a job and was finally called in about 18 months time.We should not give up

The thing with SLB is that you can only apply once.
    I'd advice you, to be alert as to when and where they'r writting tests and crash it armed with your CV, ID and credentials.
    I couldn't remeber applying 4 SLB but it was over a year later that i was called for an interview.
    Good Luck Guys.

+ Reply