+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: SCHLUMBERGER AND NLNG;WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO FOR?

SCHLUMBERGER AND NLNG;WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO FOR?

Hello house,
    I need some advice on whether to go for a job with schlumberger or nlng. your candid opinion will help me to make up my mind.

Re: SCHLUMBERGER AND NLNG;WHICH ONE SHOULD I GO FOR?

Do u mean interview or resumption?

how old are you first?in nnlg you have a career, while in nnlg, you have a job.do you get the difference?

have u pass thier test and interview or not

--
    Sent on a phone using T9space.com
    God has a plan 4 Me

resumption with schlumberger and expecting positive result from nlng

if u request for premises i would give u, but my conclusion here should suffice u. Go to NLNG

My guy Charly15570, 1st of all CONGRATULATIONS! on ur resumption at SLB (Schlumberger). But remember dat a bird at hand is worth more than a million in the forest. So, since u're to resume at slb, i say u shud do jst dat. After all, u cant even tell whether the lng 'paro go pure'. But to compare the two lng is far better than slb. So my guy 'use ur head'. Go 4 SLB IMMEDIATELY! I have spoken!

@ davo3286 na true talk be dat, @ charly15570, bros abeg use ur head

My guy congrats, wish u all the best. To be honest i will advise u to resume at slb first. unfortunately job security at slb is nothing to write home about, however nlng pays better and has more job security besides its a nigerian company so they will not discriminate against u...my 2cents, cheers.

really depends on what section in slb and if you're IM or not. If you're IM and you're in say wireline or D and M, I'll say be ready for a tough job ahead - lots of travel - but difficult. If you're in less difficult departments and the pay is good- I'll say stay in slb.
    However , if you're like me , and you just want a 9 - 5 job , where you can work and have a life, I'll go for lng.

start with what u ve 1st which is shlum
    mymymy

first off, congrats on ur breakthrough. The question should not arise at all, go for NLNG. you are safer and the pay is better. slb has the bad habit of offloading ppl withouy notice, at Nlng, you are sure. pls pls pls, go for it,
    Thankful for today,hopeful and ready for tomorrow

I worked as an FS in SLB (Westerngeco) for a little over 2 yrs, and i can tell U dat SLB is good for experience, but you dont have a life cos ure always at work. If you are FE, theres better job security, but if ure an FS, its worse, cos they r the ones they let go off 1st.
    But seriously, if you want a career, go to NLNG, forget abt the fact that you'll do lots of travelling in SLB, it cant add up 2 wat U'll loose, there's a better work-life balance in NLNG coupled with better growth prospects (unless ure not a performer), better incentives and fringe benefits, and you earn more.
    I have a friend who had the same dilenma (LNG or SLB) some 5 yrs ago, he chose LNG, and i can tell U dat he's still dere.
    If you doubt me, now that ure in SLB, ask around from pple with like 2yrs experiene, ask them how they feel about their job and the company, you'll be amazed @ wat you'll discover. A number of us including myself, lost our jobs d/t the recession, mind you, most of the layoffs this yr were not based on performance, and many more are still being dropped even as i am typing.
    U can start with SLB, but when NLNG comes knocking, DONT HESITATE, cross over, believe me, you wont regret it.
    I had mine a few years back, and i blew it, i didnt go 4 my interview with Total/ELF cos i was at work in SLB; so don't blow urs. Wish you all the best in making ur decision. my post is just a guideline, but it's up 2 U & wat U believe in, besides i dont have any regrets for staying in SLB, cos i was able 2 complete a masters in UK while i was working in SLB, not by distance learning (my rotation was 5wks on 5wks off), at least i have somtin 2 show 4 it.

+ Reply
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast