+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: PTDF SCHOLARSHIP 2010/2011: LATENT FACTS

PTDF SCHOLARSHIP 2010/2011: LATENT FACTS

Dear House,

It has been observed that most of us are really getting Apprehensive over the next edition of the overseas scholarship usually organised by PTDF.

Let me state here categorically that no forms/scratch cards for this scheme has been released to Banks this year yet.
    why am I saying this? If this has been done, a publication/Advert on THISDAY PAPER would have been seen by at least a member of the house and the rest of us would have been alerted. for now consider any side news about PTDF Overseas Scholarship for 2010/2011 as virtual.

Besides, It was alleged that most of the scholars currently on the scheme has not even been paid their monthly allowance for the month of November as I understand that this payment is usually done at the beginning of the month. If your are a PTDF scholar reading this, Kindly refute this proposition else confirm it.

Also current scholars would observe that not all of them were given the courses that they previously submitted admission letters for. Some were given a different course though within the domain of the primary course.
    Why am I not shocked that this is happening/happened to them (current scholars of the scheme)? I understand that the people contracted to handle this scheme are not the one in charge. They are UNIVATION LTD

Univation Limited is the commercial arm of The Robert Gordon University (RGU), based in the heart of Aberdeen, the oil capital of Europe.
    Wholly owned by RGU, Univation has access to a wide range of both University and industry experts. We work closely with Faculties and Schools within RGU, such as The Energy Centre and the Aberdeen Business School, to provide corporate clients with customised training and education that fits their current business needs.

My question is why is it that in this country we always don’t like the best hands to assist us in solving most of our problems by doing what they know how to do best?
    Well let keep our fingers crossed.

I thought this piece of write up very necessary to calm our nerves as most of our Adrenaline is over secreting in this PTDF issues.
    Let us not loose hope but watch what they are up to as it is evidence that there is something wrong somewhere in the pipeline this year.

More Blessings…
    S

Re: PTDF SCHOLARSHIP 2010/2011: LATENT FACTS

GOOD NEWS @ LAST,

THE ptdf Forms will be out on Monday 30 Nov, 2009

thank you

Thanks for this info;we'll keep our fingers crossed.

I'm a PTDF scholar in Cranfield University. It's not true we have been paid our November stipend. We were paid for Oct and Nov before we left 9ja. We're only expecting Dec allowance this or next week.

If you want a particular course and school, it's better u get ur admission yourself, because I'm sure u may not get them if u wait for PTDF to do that for u. Due to their discretion and some constraints and challenges they may not give you what u want. When u get the scholarship, forward ur admission letter to them and follow it up. This what happened during the last exercise. I'm an example. I applied for Petroleum Engineering and wrote Pet. Eng exams but I find myself doing Process Systems Engineering. But I thank God I'm doing the course. Anyway, I'v BEng in Chemical Eng.

For the forms, we don't understand what is happening. Nevertheless, start preparing for it now. If I may advise anyone who likes to do the next PTDF exam, start Preparing for where you think u can have an edge. Once u get the Scholarship, U can go for whichever course(Oil&gas related) u like provided u'v an admission for the course in the university(UK) of ur choice. Start applying for admission now. I must confess it's not easy to do competitively very well in the questions of which u dont v good background and knowledge. U ask how I made it? It was God and I was in an MSc program when I sat for the test. But the most important thing is God...... Commit ur ways unto the Lord and He shall make them come to past.....

For more info: [email protected]. All the best!

Best Regards.

@Yemmi,

I'm not missleading. That was what we were told while leaving 9ja. I believe what we were given can still sustain us till now no mater when u arrived UK. Anyway, let's wait patiently. They will surely pay I know they can leave us here suffering. But I want us to stop painting our country black. Let's stop complaining and stat praying for the system and thinking of how we can contribute to make things work. We can't solve the problem by complaining, judging, grumbling or..... Just relax!

@MIkeTayo

Thanks 4 that. I believe in this country a lot so I buy into what u've written. We should stop complaining. We should see the best coming out. PTDF gave many scholarships; and that's a good thing. Let's encourage Nig's ideas to blossom. Chao!

I am a scholar and i wish to clarify you one one issue. PTDF don,t give you the course did not apply for.To start with when you fill PTDF form you apply for three courses which you would be given one.On the other hand,Univation has not done its work depite the huge amount of money sunk into thier account. I never got admission through Univation but own my own. Concering our November allowance i think it is only a logistic problem we will be paid
    E

@ etiese,
    I totally do not agree with you that they (PTDF) will not give you what you did not apply for. let us always call a spade a spade. Read my initial mail very well. I am speaking facts here. read my initial mails again.
    "[glow=red,2,300][glow=red,2,300]Also current scholars would observe that not all of them were given the courses that they previously submitted admission letters for. Some were given a different course though within the domain of the primary course"[/glow][/glow] you can see a typical senario from miketayo above.
    secondly how did you know tha UNIVATION is not doing their work despite the huge fund sunk into it? I will expect your justification on that.

@miketayo,
    yemmi is right in his statement "But at the briefing, PTDF stated that the money was meant for September and October"
    or where you not at the briefing again in Abuja?
    its ok though. I just wanted to state some facts.

Shalom All
    S

pls, can anyone in the house tell me the requirement for the application for PTDF for a Bsc holder.
    thanks

Please someone should explain, can people with 2:2 apply? Pls house reply.
    You get stronger anytime that you don't give in.

+ Reply