+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Ptdf oss 2011

GMB

Ptdf oss 2011

Hello house, any news on d PTDF test results. Although a member posted last week on this forum that only 250 candidates r goin for d overseas but as many as possible wil study locally as stated by a director from the fund in one of last week's punch news papers.
    I learnt that only those who scored the highest marks r goin overseas while d rest wil study in Nigeria. Most of d Nigerian unis in which d fund wil run its masters prgrms offer either chem engr, petroleum engr, geology related courses & chemistry while only one offers elect engr. My qustion is that wat about those candidates whose courses r not offered in d local institutions & hav passd d tst but not among d highest mark scorers? R they goin 2 study overseas simply bcos their courses of choice r not offered in d local institutions despite d fact that they r not among d highest scorers or r they goin 2 study another course here in Nigeria or non of d two? Ur responses wil highly b appreciated, tnx

Re: Ptdf oss 2011

GMB, i tink thoses who score highest will be giving chance 4 d overseas.i know of sm1 who study elec n aply 4 instrumentation but is currently studying petrol engr. I also want response on dis issue i.e d instructn is that once u log in 4 d exam with ur pin and logged out u will not hv access again. I mistakinly log in twice 4 d general paper and hv full access without attempting d second one by simply ending d exam and having d same response as d first one. Pls will d system simply record d 1st or d last or both. 4 d tech part i sad 4 thermofluid, just guessing n guessing. Hoping on Gods grace

I think PTDF has made its intention clear that it intends to localize the OSS part of the programme, starting with this year's. Talking of people who score low marks, and their courses are not listed in Nigerian universities, it would have to do mainly with the scores turned out by other candidates that applied under that same course. PTDF must have gotten a workplan for the maximum number of candidates that'd go in for each of the courses run overseas. So if my low mark would see me go abroad to study, so help me God.

I think PTDF has a plan, bt we should also remember the Federal Character, different state quota must have to be met. Na God go help those of us from states like Delta, Abia, Edo, Lagos, Ondo and their likes.

+ Reply