+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Please help me to decide between civil defence job and a job with a state university.

Please help me to decide between civil defence job and a job with a state university.

Brothers and sisters, pls help me with your contributions on the opportunities of the two jobs. the state university job is basically lecturing at diploma level, i dont know if i will be absorbed as an assistant lecturer just like others with no better qualification,and what is the pay like for an assistant lecturer or even graduate assistant. as for the civil defence job please help me out with the amount you know a B.Sc holder earns. i am more interested in the money for now. i appreciate you all.

Re: Please help me to decide between civil defence job and a job with a state univers

Most state versities adopt federal salary structure,as an assistant lecturer you are placed on conuass 2 with a salary of 794260 per annum,your allowances will total 504947 per annum, while your rent will equal 151864 per annum,your total emolument is 1451071 per annum,which makes your monthly take home to be around 120 thousand naira. as a graduate assistant you earn 105 thousand naira, if you can rise through the ranks and become a prof your monthly take home pay will be 501,000 naira excluding grants.

Re: Please help me to decide between civil defence job and a job with a state univers

Guy bone Civil defence....go for d university job abeg

The uni job is more decent. Even the pay @uni is very dynamic, ASUU never stop fighting.

+ Reply