+ Reply + New Job/Topic

Topic: Nigeria dumps Nuclear Energy plans: effects on atomic energy commission.

Nigeria dumps Nuclear Energy plans: effects on atomic energy commission.

Guys i read this post on www.234next.com and i've seen it in several nigerian news sites that Nigeria has concluded plans to dump it's road map on nuclear energy based on the recent Japan crises and it's plan to use alternative energy options. We have an ongoing recruitment at Atomic Energy commission in Nigeria and we are waiting for the test. Please those close to that environment, inform the house if this will affect the recruitment process, or the commission entirely or not at all.

Re: Nigeria dumps Nuclear Energy plans: effects on atomic energy commission.

Its high time Nigeria concentrated on other sources of power. I'm of the opinion that we are not truly ready for Nuclear Energy. We don't have the right mentality to manage a Nuclear Plant and its hazards. Japan, though a thousand times higher technologically speaking, than Nigeria, found it difficult to adjust when their Reactors went gaga.
    Yes, I need a job, but, not at the cost of losing countless human lives to Nuclear Radiation. Maybe, by 2025, who knows...

i had always hated the idea that we even thought of it in the first place, because we are yet to manage the hydro and gas power stations properly. it is a good thing that we finally let go of it. But i sincerely hope that the event at Japan would have nothing to do with the on-going recruitment. We need to make preparations, carry out researches in nuclear energy generation before considering it.
    God is Good

our leaders re less concern abt d devpt of our country and creating jobs for its jobless graduates,wht they care abt is hw they ll rig election and retain their position of failed administration and leadership

In my opinion, we aren't ready for Nuclear energy. But this shouldn't affect the NAEC recruitment, now. Nigeria should (ideally) take years to carry out proper research. The recruitment will help. And we must also learn to manage what we have, first. 20 years learning isn't a bad idea.
    V

They said they have dropped it, but that does nt mean the recruitment process is not going to continue. Though it might affect a lot of things

For all those who said we are not ready to go nuclear...I appreciate your high level of reasoning.... Thumbs up!!

even if they want 2 dump d idea 4 now. dat doesnt mean they shldnt stil complete d recruitment, graduates can stil b hired 2 run feasibilty studies and stuff, even if its 2 jst pay folks 2 sit in d office and write reports, it wil help curb dis unemployment monster...afteral some of our NASS members get paid huge salaries jst 2 attend meetings and scream AY or NAY.

ha ha. Cipha you are just too funny, that is actually true sha. An info said that the names have been shorlisted waiting till after the election period before it can be published, so let no one be scared. Although those folks(NASS members) are still playing their useless pranks, but God will judge them. I dont even consider this NNPC stuff credible any longer, eventhough I know I wrote well, people are still fixing in names. How do they want to grow? Well let us see what will happen next week when they start publishing names. Praying that I will be favoured. Its just fasting and prayers we need know. care

+ Reply