+ Reply + New Job/Topic
Page 23 of 149 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373123 ... LastLast
Like Tree138Likes

Topic: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

Re: Nddc scholarship 2012 is out

To solve this problem you must think which is better to train people for a year abroad or to train them for 3 years abroad? To spend or not to spend that is the question.

wiseguy4real thank you for your contributions. i was also shortlisted for the scholarship....from abia state and scored 28. going from last year's list the 69 of us shortlisted will be competing for just 20 spaces...the reason for d smaller number from abia bayelsa and akwa ibom i think is becos the performance from these states was poor as they were the first three states to write. apart from the performance what other criteria will they be watching out for. @wiseguy d no. u posted is incomplete.

There are 1,089 names on the list.This list is unofficial since there are no links to it from the home page and it simply says names of people that scored 26 and above. Based on information provided by wiseguy4real, a total 200 candidates will be awarded this scholarship.Does this mean that all 1089 have been shortlisted for interview?.Hope so.

Quote Originally Posted by lemima View Post
    The list seem to be more than 90 percent MSc especially the one of Rivers State. The PhD names that made are not more than ten.
    Does it mean that the PhD award this year from R/S will be just ten? I pray they should do something about it as the test is not a measure
    of ones academic abaility considering the nature of the test.
    To solve this problem you must think which is better to train people for a year abroad or to train them for 3 years abroad? To spend or not to spend that is the question.

Quote Originally Posted by ikechisamuel View Post
    wiseguy4real thank you for your contributions. i was also shortlisted for the scholarship....from abia state and scored 28. going from last year's list the 69 of us shortlisted will be competing for just 20 spaces...the reason for d smaller number from abia bayelsa and akwa ibom i think is becos the performance from these states was poor as they were the first three states to write. apart from the performance what other criteria will they be watching out for. @wiseguy d no. u posted is incomplete.
    The spaces for each state will be decided on the basis of how much crude oil your state contributes to the region. In all, the final scholarship award decision should encompass an evaluation of the relevance of your course to both the short and long term development of the Niger delta area.

Hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by doncheks View Post
    There are 1,089 names on the list.This list is unofficial since there are no links to it from the home page and it simply says names of people that scored 26 and above. Based on information provided by wiseguy4real, a total 200 candidates will be awarded this scholarship.Does this mean that all 1089 have been shortlisted for interview?.Hope so.
    Yes you correct. All 1089 candidate have successfully made it through to the interview stage which is where the 200 final scholars will emerge. Just to add to it, I wish to inform you that the publication of these names have been made official by NDDC and the appropriate link to it is now available from their Homepage http://www.nddc.gov.ng .

The main difference between the previous publication and the new one are as follows:-

1. In the new publication, all explanations as to how the 1089 final candidates were chosen have been removed
    2. The names of candidates in each state are being displayed in alphabetical order.
    3. Candidates within each state have a unique s/n numbering system.

In all, there exist very minimal differences between the candidates on both list.

Hope this helps every one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yungnels View Post
    @IsiomaP let's not seat n fold our hands, I also scored 31 buh der was a mistake in exam in dat anoda persn details appeard in-place of my PIN. So am going frm Calabar to NDDC office in PH to complain. I won't kip quiet on dis mata. God help me
    Are you listening to yourself at all? You went for exam and another person's details appeared and you continued writing the exam without reporting the matter to the exam officials. Na wa ooo. You have successfully passed the other person. Don't even bother going to NDDC headquarters to complain because nobody will listen to you. They might even call you an impostor because you are trying to claim another person's score.

Why did you go ahead and write the exam when the details was not yours. Na wa for some people oo.

Crying over spilt milk.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I can authoritatively annouce that the list is on their website now. Do your confirmations now.

They hav sent invites for Oral Interview.....mine is 24th, Hotel Presidential, PH.

Quote Originally Posted by gabbygabo View Post
    They hav sent invites for Oral Interview.....mine is 24th, Hotel Presidential, PH.

@ Cacking how did they send you your invites? Is it by SMS or by Email? Which ever be the case, please provide the forum with the exact wordings of the sms or Email as the case may be.

Thanks alot.

I was also invited, I think it was arranged according to scores......i had a friend that scored 34 and another 33, and the person with a 34 preceded the other .........Just thinking sha.

I just received an SMS as well. My date's 23rd at 8am. Does anyone know the sort of questions they ask at these interviews?

They send by sms

+ Reply